The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama Snubs Netenyahu

Default Obama Snubs Netenyahu

What gives with this classless act? I thought Netenyahu was a friend. Guess not. He is probably the only one that will take of Iran so let's be sure and piss him off while apologizing to everyone else.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I guess obama has a different idea of who our allies are. He bows to our enimies and gives CDs to our friend. castro compliments him and he snubs netenyahu.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You should be a bit more specific on what you view as a "snub".

Are you talking about these items?
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...nister-dinner/

http://thelastcrusade.org/2010/03/26...rime-minister/

In review of recent events the Obama administrations interactions with Israel this week seem appropriate to me. Did you expect that they should be rewarded for their bad behavior regarding settlements and peace talks?
    From the FOX piece
    After failing to extract a written promise of concessions on settlements, Obama walked out of his meeting with Netanyahu but invited him to stay at the White House, consult with advisers and “let me know if there is anything new”, a U.S. congressman, who spoke to the Prime Minister, said.
    and
    He (Netanyahu) returned to Israel yesterday isolated after what Israeli media have called a White House ambush for which he is largely to blame.
    Maybe next time he should just bow for the photo op, would that make you feel better.
    Last edited by Henry V; 03-26-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    You should be a bit more specific on what you view as a "snub".

Are you talking about these items?
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...nister-dinner/

http://thelastcrusade.org/2010/03/26...rime-minister/

In review of recent events the Obama administrations interactions with Israel this week seem appropriate to me. Did you expect that they should be rewarded for their bad behavior regarding settlements and peace talks?
    From the FOX piece
    and

Maybe next time he should just bow for the photo op, would that make you feel better.
    Sometimes a diplomatic snub is called for. Based on Netanyahu's decisions to announce new settlements timed to coincide with Biden's visits and his meeting with the President -- both deliberately provocative acts -- a snub is definitely called for. World War I provided ample lessons concerning the fate of a major world power that allows its policies to be dictated by another, smaller country with an independent agenda. While I am a strong supporter of Israel, I am not a strong supporter of the current government's "strategy" for dealing with Palestinian's and of undermining all negotiations toward a two state solution. Netanyahu is not strong enough to take a negotiating position opposed by the most right wing elements of his coalition. Rather than try, I think he has decided to scuttle any peace efforts, accelerate settlements, and hope for a more sympathetic US administration in the future. I think the current administration has to push back harder than it has done so far.

how much land does Israel have to give up before it is enough for the Palestinians? Also not sure what peace agreements you're talking about unless you mean the ones where the palestinians get more land and peace agreements then come and ambush Israel with missiles and gun fire. I think Israel has put up with enough.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    how much land does Israel have to give up before it is enough for the Palestinians? Also not sure what peace agreements you're talking about unless you mean the ones where the palestinians get more land and peace agreements then come and ambush Israel with missiles and gun fire. I think Israel has put up with enough.
    Israel had previously agreed to the Roadmap to Peace put forward by Bush. That called for halting the development of settlements in the occupied territories pending the outcome of negotiations concerning frontiers for a two state solution. Instead, under Netanyahu, Israel has accelerated settlements and forced relocations. Quite frankly, had Israel annexed all the territiories that it captured in 1967 and 1973 and granted full citizenship rights to the residents, I would have no problem. However, an apartheid approach where the residents of those lands are considered "temporary" with no rights of citizenship and limited protection for their property rights has no place in a democratic society. If that is the path that Israel elects to follow, I do not believe that the US can allow itself to be cast in the role of enabler. I say that as an unapologetic Zionist who has heard Syrian shells fired from the Golan Heights fly overhead to land in nearby kibbutzim. Much of Israel's population would be happy to give up the settlements in exchange for peace. However, Netanyahu takes his lead from the most rabid parts of the right wing. Netanyahu has tried to cast this as strictly an issue about Jerusalem. However, the settlements involved, as I understand it, extend into the suburbs of Jerusalem. Even without that, however, Israel had previously agreed not to settle East Jerusalem pending the outcome of negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Israel had previously agreed to the Roadmap to Peace put forward by Bush. That called for halting the development of settlements in the occupied territories pending the outcome of negotiations concerning frontiers for a two state solution. Instead, under Netanyahu, Israel has accelerated settlements and forced relocations. Quite frankly, had Israel annexed all the territiories that it captured in 1967 and 1973 and granted full citizenship rights to the residents, I would have no problem. However, an apartheid approach where the residents of those lands are considered "temporary" with no rights of citizenship and limited protection for their property rights has no place in a democratic society. If that is the path that Israel elects to follow, I do not believe that the US can allow itself to be cast in the role of enabler. I say that as an unapologetic Zionist who has heard Syrian shells fired from the Golan Heights fly overhead to land in nearby kibbutzim. Much of Israel's population would be happy to give up the settlements in exchange for peace. However, Netanyahu takes his lead from the most rabid parts of the right wing. Netanyahu has tried to cast this as strictly an issue about Jerusalem. However, the settlements involved, as I understand it, extend into the suburbs of Jerusalem. Even without that, however, Israel had previously agreed not to settle East Jerusalem pending the outcome of negotiations.
    Iran agreed to NOT pursue nukes......GAME CHANGER!!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Iran agreed to NOT pursue nukes......GAME CHANGER!!!

rk
    Iran's got nothing to do with the occupied lands and their activites provide all the more reason to reach a settlement of the occupation. There are no solutions for the Middle East that do not require some fundamentally equitable solution of the Palestinian situation. That war will never fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Iran's got nothing to do with the occupied lands and their activites provide all the more reason to reach a settlement of the occupation. There are no solutions for the Middle East that do not require some fundamentally equitable solution of the Palestinian situation. That war will never fade away.
    Yes, Iran does have something to do with this situation and for you to suggest otherwise is disingenious.
    But you give Iran a pass, and whine about Israel, stay in lock step!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Would anyone else agree that this might be a time for a former president, namely the one who most recently brokered a peace accord in Israel, to be named special envoy to help resolve this violation of said accord? I was going to get a jab in at him (hard to resist) but he may actually be able to help in this situation. Just no massages or talk about a pig roast this time. Couldn't resist just one.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!