The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Earmarks for Votes?

Default Earmarks for Votes?

According to Fox News today, the following earmarks were approved Monday after voting on the Health Care mess. Funny, but these 11 Reps were the ones holding out for abortion language. I'm sure it's only a coinkydink.

Costello Illinois $1.419 Million
    Ortiz Texas $618 M
    Stupak Michigan $579 M
    Driehaus Ohio $332 M
    Kaptor Ohio $294
    Dahlkemper PA $237 M
    oberstor MN $207
    Ellsworth In $115 M
    Wilson Ohio $84 M
    Kansorski Pa $67
    Donnelly In $20

Some of these are relatively cheap dates. Oh, I neglected to include party affiliation.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I wonder why these three Republicans also requested earmarks in this same bill despite a self-imposed ban against earmarks by their leadership. Did they vote for health care too? http://reporting.sunlightfoundation....rk-moratorium/

What about the other Democrats including those that did not vote for health care, did they request earmarks too?
    We shall also have to wait and see what happens to all these "requests" and whether they get "appropriated". As the various articles point out, there is a huge difference in requests versus appropriations.

ear marks? what ear marks didn't obama promise no more ear marks?

Well,,,,

He was against them before he was for them (done right)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeJ9gE-FA0Q

Wow, Donnely and Kansorski got bought out for 20 bucks and 67 bucks, respectively? I would have given them 30 and 70 to vote against it...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    I wonder why these three Republicans also requested earmarks in this same bill despite a self-imposed ban against earmarks by their leadership. Did they vote for health care too? http://reporting.sunlightfoundation....rk-moratorium/

What about the other Democrats including those that did not vote for health care, did they request earmarks too?
    We shall also have to wait and see what happens to all these "requests" and whether they get "appropriated". As the various articles point out, there is a huge difference in requests versus appropriations.
    "Cao was the sole Republican to vote for the original House health care bill in November 2009; at the time, Bloomberg.com characterized him as "the Democratic majority’s most reliable Republican," noting that the freshman Republican won in a district where President Barack Obama garnered more than 75 percent of the vote. "

Ha Ha Ha!!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Earmarks for votes is nothing new for either party, it how our "public servants" bring home the "bacon" to their districts and generally insure their re election
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post

One might think that maybe, just maybe their healthcare vote might have been purchased. Just a thought.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth