The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RTF etiquette - saying thanks to responses

2 pages on "thanks"?

Thanks,

Gut
    These are field trials and the people involved largely don't understand a normal day much less a "normal days hunt".

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Guthrie View Post
    2 pages on "thanks"?

Thanks,

Gut

If you go to your settings in your "user cp" you can set it to 20 posts per page. IF you do that, it was only one page, until your above post, which is #21, that made it 2 pages!

How did you do on that Vegas trip man? Did it rain "dollas"?
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    If you go to your settings in your "user cp" you can set it to 20 posts per page. IF you do that, it was only one page, until your above post, which is #21, that made it 2 pages!
    That was really helpful ! A big time saver too. I like it.

Thanks !

I always say thanks!! And moreover, I truly mean it. Lot's of knowlwdge here for us amateur folks. AGAIN THANKS, and have a great day alll!
    John Stroh, Lodi ca

There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace…........If one has cut, split, hauled, and piled his own good oak, and let his mind work the while, he will remember much about where the heat comes from, and with a wealth of detail denied to those who spend the weekend in town astride a radiator.

Aldo Leopold

This thread was started by one of the nicest ladies on this forum--sadly she isn't posting much anymore. Anyway--I think in light of the "Big Flush" and the issue of "oldsters" being pooped on by newbies-its perhaps a good idea to discuss the concept of the elusive and sometime painful "apology".

I am an expert in apologizing, it comes from years of practice......the result of being rather -amen- excitable. DON'T SAY ANYTHING /PAUL.

What does the apology accomplish? It shows that you have ------>RESPECT<--------- for the other persons feelings. EVEN if you do not agree with them. This has nothing to do with peanuts either.

***side note--demanding someone apologize is a really stupid thing to do and should NEVER happen, this causes a deep seated primal response called "Up yours you sanctimonious jackass". This is BAD!***

Now I would like to give a demonstration: "I'm sorry you feel I am rude." NO NO NO NO!!!! That takes responsiblity off of your shoulders. Basically you are saying that the other person is a wrong for feeling that you are rude. This is a sneaky fake apology. I know-- I do this to my husband all the time. (Poor Bart)

The proper apology: "I'm sorry I was rude to you." PHEW---do you all have any idea how much I paid to learn how to properly apologize??? I put my therapists kid through college.

There is nothing wrong with an RTF smackdown, its a right of passage and honestly sometime we need a V-8 smack in the head. Its also a good idea to not assume familiarity until you have earned it on this here forum.

Lastly: to Mr. Fallon--I am sorry I once told you that I hoped you fell in a pile of dog poo and had a 400 mile drive home in a heat wave in a broken down car with no ventilation and windows stuck in the up position.

Helpy Help Person regards,

PS: I still want a "Bite Me" button.
    Last edited by Pals; 06-25-2013 at 04:28 PM.

WELL I NEVER. I demand you apologize to me...

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Ok, on second thought, I apologize. I can't say I never, because chances are I have at one point or another. I'm sorry....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    This thread was started by one of the nicest ladies on this forum--sadly she isn't posting much anymore. Anyway--I think in light of the "Big Flush" and the issue of "oldsters" being pooped on by newbies-its perhaps a good idea to discuss the concept of elusive and sometime painful "apology".

I am an expert in apologizing, it comes from years of practice......the result of being rather -amen- excitable. DON'T SAY ANYTHING /PAUL.

What does the apology accomplish? It shows that you have ------>RESPECT<--------- for the other persons feelings. EVEN if you do not agree with them. This has nothing to do with peanuts either.

***side note--demanding someone apologize is a really stupid thing to do and should NEVER happen, this causes a deep seated primal response called "Up yours you sanctimonious jackass". This is BAD!***

Now I would like to give a demonstration: "I'm sorry you feel I am rude." NO NO NO NO!!!! That takes responsiblity off of your shoulders. Basically you are saying that the other person is a wrong for feeling that you are rude. This is a sneaky fake apology. I know-- I do this to my husband all the time. (Poor Bart)

The proper apology: "I'm sorry I was rude to you." PHEW---do you all have any idea how much I paid to learn how to properly apologize??? I put my therapists kid through college.

There is nothing wrong with an RTF smackdown, its a right of passage and honestly sometime we need a V-8 smack in the head. Its also a good idea to not assume familiarity until you have earned it on this here forum.

Lastly: to Mr. Fallon--I am sorry I once told you that I hoped you fell in a pile of dog poo and had a 400 mile drive home in a heat wave in a broken down car with no ventilation and windows stuck in the up position.

Helpy Help Person regards,
    Thank you Nancy and I apologize to the guy in Alabama that I made mad that called me a smart azz with little man syndrome. I was just joshing with you btw I;m kinda fat. And I apologize to the guy in Arkansas who was going on his first hunt and I told him he needed to take the bandana off before he went hunting. And I apologize to the no go guy that I told he might should listen to all the advice given that it could help him in the future. And I apologize to anyone else I have offended. Oh yeah and I apologize for my corny attempts at humor on here. guess that covers it.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Oops forgot to say thanks.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Thank you Nancy and I apologize to the guy in Alabama that I made mad that called me a smart azz with little man syndrome. I was just joshing with you btw I;m kinda fat. And I apologize to the guy in Arkansas who was going on his first hunt and I told him he needed to take the bandana off before he went hunting. And I apologize to the no go guy that I told he might should listen to all the advice given that it could help him in the future. And I apologize to anyone else I have offended. Oh yeah and I apologize for my corny attempts at humor on here. guess that covers it.
    You sorry SOB. Oh wait, is that what Nancy had in mind?

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR