The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RTF etiquette - saying thanks to responses

Default RTF etiquette - saying thanks to responses

Does anyone else (besides me) think it is considered good manners to thank people that give suggestions/answers to questions/requests that have been posted?

I try to say thanks when I get answers/opinions to my questions - always thought it was a good way to let the 'answerers' know I had read their suggestions....

Juli
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

"There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein

When asking a pointed question I like to end it with “Thank You all in advance” or something like that. That way after if I thank one and not another the “other” doesn’t get all pissy about not being thanked even though the advice given made the “other” look like a total dorkweed anyway.
    And when giving advice I never expect to receive thanks. And if I can word it so helpful content to one is included with a back handed compliment to another…. Well that’s a twofer for me, no thanks needed.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Juli H View Post
    Does anyone else (besides me) think it is considered good manners to thank people that give suggestions/answers to questions/requests that have been posted?

I try to say thanks when I get answers/opinions to my questions - always thought it was a good way to let the 'answerers' know I had read their suggestions....

Juli
    I get a lot of PM's. They usually say something like "Thanks for the response DA!"

I really appreciate them. BTW what does DA stan for?
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    what does DA stan for?
    Mute rectum
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Juli H View Post

Juli
    I couldn't agree more! I always try to make in a point to thank people who respond to my thread or question....Not only to show them I've read their response...Moreover, to let them know I truly appreciate them taking the time out of their day to not only read my post but offer their help,opinion,insight or what have you.....A lot of us, myself included take for granted the wonderful resource that is RTF........We have the opportunity to pick the minds of some of the top retriever people in the world....We are very fortunate to have such a resource at our disposal.....Obviously we all know whom to thank.

I think I can see the origins of why you posted this......A few of the new comers and some not so new, seem to be very thankless...."It is what it is" I guess.......Just like in anything else you have to sift the wheat from the chaff......You have a lot of folks with limited experience firing off 100 posts a day on every training topic under the sun....on the other end of the spectrum you have the folks you wish you heard more from....Thats why the PM feature is great tool....Lots of times I PM Members directly for help and also to say "thank you." At any rate I'll slink back into the shadows now
    HOLD FAST
    Winter is coming
    Home of:
    A meat dawg with some letters after his name

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Depends on the response, or answer you get.......
    why thank someone for bad advice, even if they think they know what they are talking about.
    Maybe people don't like your answers and suggestions
    Last edited by badbullgator; 03-31-2010 at 01:56 PM.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Is "answerers" even a word? LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metalone67 View Post
    Is "answerers" even a word? LOL

Thanks
    I do know "responce" is not a word.....

Still trying to figure out why BBG was taking a shot at me....
    HOLD FAST
    Winter is coming
    Home of:
    A meat dawg with some letters after his name

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by David Lo Buono View Post
    I do know "responce" is not a word.....

Still trying to figure out why BBG was taking a shot at me....
    If it was a shot at you I would have quoted you.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Mute rectum
    Does that mean I need to push the mute button when I have flatulance? Surely they can't smell those things. I'm so embarrased. I thought they were being nice.

I get so confused.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon