The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RTF etiquette - saying thanks to responses

Hey I know......maybe we can get Chris to put in a "thanks" button like they have on the water doggie board........
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Hey I know......maybe we can get Chris to put in a "thanks" button like they have on the water doggie board........
    That would be nice but truthfully, I think that a "Bite Me" button would get used a lot more.

All in the game regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

CHRIS----I vote for the BITE ME button!!!!! I want an little emoticon biting the rear off another little smiley guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Mute rectum
    Mute rectum? It nearly killed him!
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Mute rectum? It nearly killed him!
    Yeah! My dogs seem to have mute rectums....an audible warning would be nice... So I can run the other way!

Steve

I would rather see an "I agree with poster" button. Sometimes I find some of the advice, different , and you hardly ever see me too posts, but if I saw that 30 other people agreed with the post I might be more tempted to try such advice. Those posters that disagree usually post as such.
    Maybe an I agree and a bs button?
    If you dont want someone to get your goat
    dont tell them where you tied it up.

Juli,

I try hard to be sure I post a thank-you for any replies I receive. I think that being new to the forum and to the field of training a pup for Hunt Test purposes this forum is a valuable asset.

I respect that there are members on here who have a lot of experience and are willing to share some their time and knowledge with those of us don't. I'm also aware that some responses are just from well meaning people and that I need to sort out what will work with my pup and what won't. Either way I am thankful they took the time to post.

Paula

Quote Originally Posted by P J View Post
    I think that being new to the forum and to the field of training a pup for Hunt Test purposes this forum is a valuable asset.
    a
    I agree- being new to the forum and the sport, I appreciate it when people take the time to answer questions that might be obvious to them, or they've answered a million times before for every other newbie out there.

If I ever miss a "thank you," know that I really appreciate all answers!

Lauren
    Lauren Burke
    ---------------------------------------
    "Sometimes you eats the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you." Daniel Boone, Davie Crockett, or a stranger at the bar?

Being new to the forum, and new to dog training, I am someone who only asks questions. My last post only had three responses, very good advice though. I could not PM the poster because I do not have enough posts. Do I make one post thanking the responders, and have it look like I was bringing the post back up to the top to get more responses? I did not post because I did not want to look like a dipstick trying to get a "dead" thread back up to the top Point being, the posters may be very thankful, not want to ruffle any feathers. Just another point of view....I would say most are thankful for any and all advice, whether they use it or not.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Surely they can't smell those.....
    Yes they can,... and donít call me Shirley.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin