The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thunder 100 Shotgun Simulator & Dummy Launcher

Quote Originally Posted by 2labs View Post
    Looking for updated reviews for this product? Any one else have a coment good or bad?

Thanks
    Dave
    Our club has four of them and have now used them for two HT seasons including picnic tests. We started with two to test out and instantly liked them enough to buy two more. We just had our Licensed test this past weekend and used them in our double junior and double senior tests and one master series. They worked pretty well flawlessly. We may go ahead and buy a few more and completely go away from using popper guns at our events. Big investment upfront, but serious savings longer term, as long as the hold up well for several years. I would guess over the weekend our four shotgun simulators were fired around 500-600 times between them. I think that would be equivilent useage to less than one $10 bottle of Map gas. Shooting that same amount of poppers would cost more than $200.
    TRAVIS SKEEN

Banned

I've been using mine now for over a week and love it. It took my bird boy all of 2 days to get the timing down with loading the gas and firing. Very consistent and loud. He likes it better then a starter pistol because he doesn't have to remember to reload the gun.

Angie

i agree with troy b . they sound great and a good concept but are very unreliable and cosistent. some type of new strapping needs updated and trigger needs looked at to be more consistent.

I was told by a couple of people who own these, that there is an elbow in the inside tube that if you remove it you will get a louder "bang" has anyone else removed this elbow??

Thanks
    Dave
    canine n. Synonymous with courage, valor, trust, selflessness. If we learned to be half of what dogs are, the world would be a much better place

We have not done that, but nor do I personally see a need for a louder bang than what they produce.
    TRAVIS SKEEN

Thunder just announced a LOWER price on the T100 Shotgun Simulator.
    $299

Just thought everyone might want to know.
    Joe Dutro

Oakwood's Dora Duky Desire MH- (Dora) 3/3/03- 3/16/11
    Desire's Midnight Rose SH- (Rose) 1/29/08
    Desire's Big Launch MH (Rocket) 9/29/09
    Desire's Pine Ridge Lonesome Gus MH (Gus) 9/29/09

Pro's: Cheaper to use

Cons: Awkward to use
    Sound inconsistant
    Problems when new gunners are using it

For personal use, once you get used to the timing issues and carry problems, it will work great. But, if you are using it for a club trial, with inexperienced gunners, it will pose lots of problems. No birds, inconsistant sound etc.
    "Remember, it's about the Dog and the Dog work, it's not about you"