The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any wonder why "progressive radio" is a failure?

Liberals and independents don't need to be fed their thoughts, therefore don't spend countless hours being spoon-fed what to say and think by talking heads.

(okay, I'm just stirrin the pot)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I expect that is exactly how liberals get thier information. They are spoon fed it by ABC, CBS, NBC etc. They are under an illusion they are free thinkers. They have been fed the propaganda for so long, they no longer know the difference.

Whats in that pot, chili?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post

Kool-Aid!

Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Liberals and independents don't need to be fed their thoughts, therefore don't spend countless hours being spoon-fed what to say and think by talking heads.

(okay, I'm just stirrin the pot)
    UHHHH HUHHH!!!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post

I believe that would be BS.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I believe that would be BS.
    I just said "stirrin' THE pot", didn't say WHO'S pot!

Frankly, I think the whole game of accusing one's opponent of using "talking points" is ridiculous. BOTH sides use them, and what's the big surprise?? That an organization (note the word 'organization') would 'organize' its strategy and public statements??? DUH!? I think most parties, groups, organizations, etc would want effective leadership to put forth a group statement.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Amen to that. He used to buy an afternoon of hunting at a pheasant preserve that belonged to my friends near Valley City, ND. I told him his BLF was not in condition for that property, but he insisted in running it until it dropped, and then eventually died. He doesn't have a clue about dogs, politics or life in general.

He's a whiner that pissed and moaned about how the state wasn't 'giving' him enuff money to keep him in the state, supposedly for promoting the state. What a farce. I can see why the lefties on board are enamored with him...he's as phoney as they are.

UB

I also think so. Thank you for the post.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I just said "stirrin' THE pot", didn't say WHO'S pot!

Frankly, I think the whole game of accusing one's opponent of using "talking points" is ridiculous. BOTH sides use them, and what's the big surprise?? That an organization (note the word 'organization') would 'organize' its strategy and public statements??? DUH!? I think most parties, groups, organizations, etc would want effective leadership to put forth a group statement.
    It's all a game. And unfortunately we are the pawns. It is a deliberate design to keep you guys at each others throats, i.e. keep the nations people divided. The yoyo goes up, or down, either way it's on the string. Ask yourself this. Clinton was elected over Bush Sr. What changed? Bush Jr replaced Clinton. What significantly changed? Now Obama has taken over for Bush Jr. Still the same... And we all argue like one side is right, and the other is wrong. Meanwhile, we, the people, never have a viable alternative to twiddly dee and twiddly dum.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    It's all a game. And unfortunately we are the pawns. It is a deliberate design to keep you guys at each others throats, i.e. keep the nations people divided. The yoyo goes up, or down, either way it's on the string. Ask yourself this. Clinton was elected over Bush Sr. What changed? Bush Jr replaced Clinton. What significantly changed? Now Obama has taken over for Bush Jr. Still the same... And we all argue like one side is right, and the other is wrong. Meanwhile, we, the people, never have a viable alternative to twiddly dee and twiddly dum.
    Correct! That is why a real voter revolution would be one that weakens both parties and gets some Independents in office. I wouldn't consider the GOP picking up a few seats to be a revolution. It happens most of the time during a President's mid-term where the other party gains seats.

Most voters do not walk straight party lines.

It is time to shrink the Federal Government!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

there's so much about this that is just hilarious...where do you start??...

M
    SNBC talk show screamer Ed Schultz had a meltdown in the network’s 30 Rock newsroom, shouting at staff, “I’m going to torch this (bleep)ing place,” according to a report from the New York Post.

The hot-tempered anchor of “The Ed Show” lost it during a phone call in the packed studio and slammed down the phone before exploding.

As astonished MSNBC staff members fell silent, Schultz glared around the room and yelled, “(Bleep)ers!”

A witness told the New York Post, “Ed was furious the network was running election-night promos and he wasn’t in them. He’d been arguing on the phone with marketing, then he slammed down the phone and exploded. It was like Mel Gibson had entered the newsroom.”

Fuming Schultz was immediately dragged in for a meeting with NBC News President Steve Capus and MSNBC President Phil Griffin following his Aug. 12 meltdown.

The Post’s source added, “Schultz was told: ‘If you do that again, you are fired.’ He broke down crying.”

Sources say the hothead was pushed over the edge by MSNBC’s catering to bullying fellow anchor Keith Olbermann and its focus on golden girl Rachel Maddow.

A second MSNBC source said, “Ed never gets any attention and love, and he finally snapped.”

Schultz, who’s fronted his 6 p.m. EST show on MSNBC for 16 months, also doesn’t hold back on his radio show. He once told White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, “You’re full of (bleep).” And after Fox News Channel’s Glenn Beck revealed a condition that may make him go blind, Schultz said, “It’s a travesty he’s not going to see the country he’s trying to destroy.”

A spokeswoman for Schultz and the network declined to comment on the incident but told the Post, “The only thing that’s on fire are Ed’s ratings, and the only people crying are at CNN.”

In April 2009, Schultz, a former WDAY-TV sportscaster, abruptly left KFGO radio, where he had worked off and on for years as a news talk show host.

Three months later, Schultz missed the “comfort level” of local radio and started a talk show at a Lisbon, N.D.-based station owned by right-wing talk radio host Scott Hennen. Schultz abandoned that after two weeks.

Last fall, in an interview with The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead, Schultz talked about leaving the local radio scene, particularly KFGO.

“I don’t have any regrets on anything. I don’t leave conflicted at all. I’m sorry I can’t broadcast in this area anymore. But I’m just at a different level now. The pressure’s different, the expectations are high, and the performance has to be there," Schultz told a Forum reporter.

“I’ve had a lot of great things happen to me in my career; I’ve been very fortunate. I’ve worked hard, but I’ve also had my share of luck.”

Schultz is currently in the middle of a three-year contract with MSNBC and has a four-year contract for his national radio show. In addition, Schultz has another book due out next month on “saving America’s middle class.”