The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: gulf spill

Default gulf spill

I'm suprised that the oil spill in the Gulf hasn't been mentioned on POTUs.

What do you feel the long term effect will be considering off shore drilling, oil prices, and future exploration off the US coast.

I'm really looking more for what do you think the result will be of this catastrophe.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    I'm suprised that the oil spill in the Gulf hasn't been mentioned on POTUs.

What do you feel the long term effect will be considering off shore drilling, oil prices, and future exploration off the US coast.

I'm really looking more for what do you think the result will be of this catastrophe.
    I expect gas will be 3.50 - 4.00 per gallon this summer. The pundits will blame the sunken platform. Beyond that, its one heck of a mess to clean up. Nice timing for Obama. Didn't he just cave on off shore drilling?

I heard it was an inside job by the Obama administration. Whoever heard of solid steel burning and collapsing? Willie Nelson said it's never happened before, before he said he was sure it had!
    Bill Davis

[QUOTE=duk4me;606328]I'm suprised that the oil spill in the Gulf hasn't been mentioned on POTUs.

QUOTE]

Trying to figure how to blame Bush since he is out of office.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I heard it was an inside job by the Obama administration. Whoever heard of solid steel burning and collapsing? Willie Nelson said it's never happened before, before he said he was sure it had!

i bow in reverence.....

there was a big Dockdogs event at a festival called "Duckjam" put on by budweiser and Ducks Unlimited this past weekend in college station, with Willie playing saturday night. i enlightened several people to his idiotic rantings. he fell a few notches in their opinions of him, rightfully so.

the music is great but thats where it ends.

I feel bad for the beautiful fishing along La's coast. We used to surf fish Cocodrie, but that looks like it's in for devastation unless they can figure something out.

I thought this sort of thing wasn't supposed to happen with modern techniques and safety measures? Least that's what I remember being told.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    I expect gas will be 3.50 - 4.00 per gallon this summer. The pundits will blame the sunken platform. Beyond that, its one heck of a mess to clean up. Nice timing for Obama. Didn't he just cave on off shore drilling?

HaHaHaHa!!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    i bow in reverence.....

there was a big Dockdogs event at a festival called "Duckjam" put on by budweiser and Ducks Unlimited this past weekend in college station, with Willie playing saturday night. i enlightened several people to his idiotic rantings. he fell a few notches in their opinions of him, rightfully so.

the music is great but thats where it ends.

I love Willie for his music, but like most other celebrities I have no use for his opinions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I hate people who have celebrity and use it to advance their opinions to people who adore them for what they do. Just because you can sing, throw a ball, or pretend to be somebody (acting) it does not make you at all educated in your opinion but people seem to believe that celebrities know something more than most.
    I think this is going to be a mess, actually it IS going to be an environmental mess. It is the nature of the beast though. It would be silly to think that anyplace you have drilling, shipping or what have you that you are not eventually going to have an accident that causes major damage. It is kind of like driving, you personally may never have an accident but everyday people are killed while driving, it happens but the benefits outweigh the consequences. How long have they been drilling in the gulf w/o a major spill? How long before it happens again? How long before the environmental damage has recovered? In Valdez most animals have recovered or are listed as recovering with the exception of two, the pacific herring and some kind of bird. Valdez was probably a bigger disaster because the remote location and the rugged area made access, containment, and clean up very difficult. LA has a very fragile coastline and this could be devastating, but I think/hope it will not be that bad.
    Interesting that I am 450 miles SE of the rig and we are smelling the fire for the last couple of days. The wind has carried the remnants of the smoke over to us. I donít really notice it but the EPA is monitoring it and along with NOAA are confirming that is where the smell is coming form.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I feel bad for the beautiful fishing along La's coast. We used to surf fish Cocodrie, but that looks like it's in for devastation unless they can figure something out.

I thought this sort of thing wasn't supposed to happen with modern techniques and safety measures? Least that's what I remember being told.

http://www.nola.com/opinions/index.s...exicos_oi.html

Cocodrie is not expect to get any of the oil spill and neither is the Cajun Riviera. There is concern for Breton Sound, southeast of New Orleans. The 66,000 acre Pass A Loutre Wildlife Management area has protective booms to stop any oil from entering this awesome duck hunting area.

Breton Sound is an oyster, shrimp and fishing paridise. Booms are expected to surround that area as well and the burning of surface oil is helping.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

IMO---This is not a political topic.
    I have cleaned up more than one spill.
    It is tragic.

Good luck to the USCG and all the others involved in the clean up, it is a daunting task!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis