The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: gulf spill

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Can it really be over? Now with a little luck there will be no hurricanes and the mess can be cleaned up without ruining the marshes.
    far from over, just contained. this is not a permanent fixture, and with all that pressure backing up there is still chance for failure elsewhere in the borehole. BUT, if all goes well, there should be minimal release of oil after this. lets hope so - but we still need successful relief wells to close the issue.

No one more then me hopes this temporary repair holds. Unfortunately the damage alredy done may continue long before we're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    far from over, just contained. this is not a permanent fixture, and with all that pressure backing up there is still chance for failure elsewhere in the borehole. BUT, if all goes well, there should be minimal release of oil after this. lets hope so - but we still need successful relief wells to close the issue.
    Halfway thru the test period and still holding. I know it isn't permanent but hopefully at long last BP is on the right track to stemming the flow until the permanent fix is completed.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

I'm with you duk4me on the temporary repair holding and hope its not too long until the permanent repair is completed. Now if the Government makes sure the clean up is effective. It's their job to make sure BP gets the job done. Up to now (three months) and BP has called all the shots. There are still too many shrimpers, fishermen, crabbers, oystermen and other Gulf residents effected that are not being paid. You see them on TV every night. Obama talks big but these people are suffering. Saw Democrat David Carville on TV last complaining about the lack of response from the Federal Government. Whats going on? Where is the Messiah?

What gives Franco? The place I buy my gulf shrimp says the price is 8 bucks per pound to them so they haven't purchased any in months. I miss my Shrimps.

What gives Franco? The place I buy my gulf shrimp says the price is 8 bucks per pound to them so they haven't purchased any in months. I miss my Shrimps.
    I bought 15 lbs of Jumbos for $5. per pound Wednesday on my way home at the usual roadside stand. Shrimpers are retailing thier own, instead of selling for $3. per pound to middlemen, they are doing thier own retailing.

This has been an awesome Shrimp season and one reason the fishing has been so good.

I see your NFC pick for the Superbowl are right on tract
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I bought 15 lbs of Jumbos for $5. per pound Wednesday on my way home at the usual roadside stand. Shrimpers are retailing thier own, instead of selling for $3. per pound to middlemen, they are doing thier own retailing.

This has been an awesome Shrimp season and one reason the fishing has been so good.

I see your NFC pick for the Superbowl are right on tract
    How bout them Rangers. Kick a cowboy when he's down why don't ya.

Checked my wholesaler said they won't have any till next yr. Looking like a road trip with cooolers might be in order. All we need is a driver.

How bout them Rangers. Kick a cowboy when he's down why don't ya.

Checked my wholesaler said they won't have any till next yr. Looking like a road trip with cooolers might be in order. All we need is a driver.
    Try Beaumont or across the border in Lake Chuck, should be plentiful, big and cheap!

On another note, Mary Landreau is one tough biddy!

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...ands_clea.html
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Before I can let this thread die, I just had to give it an update.

On Monday, the Feds issued permits to 12 companies approved for deep water drilling in the gulf. Yesterday, the Feds issued new vague guidlines for drilling in gulf which none of the 12 comapnies approved can make heads or tails of. So, they've decided not to pursue any immediate plans to drill.

Get ready for major price increases at the pump. Remember, the oil that is produced in the gulf gets refined in the USA.

Oh, and it you are wondering about the after effects of the leak, the last clean up crews have been long gone and this interesting report was published today in Science.
    http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-sp...f_of_mexi.html