The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: gulf spill

I have actually always been in favor of offshore drilling. At the moment, I'm not so sure. Hopefully disaster for the Gulf Shoreline can be averted...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I have actually always been in favor of offshore drilling. At the moment, I'm not so sure. Hopefully disaster for the Gulf Shoreline can be averted...
    I don't think you will find too many folks around here against offshore drilling! Remember, the wellhead is now at 5,000 feet below sea level. This is a new challenege and much will be learned from this experience. If the submarines can't get the value shut today, they may have the dome in place by late tomorrow. The dome would allow them to pump directly from the dome to a ship.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

I am still in favor of drilling at this point
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

The Coast Guard says 'burn it'!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

there is a nice big place to drill on the frozen tundra...and I dont mean Lambeau Field

Drill Baby, Drill
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    i bow in reverence.....

there was a big Dockdogs event at a festival called "Duckjam" put on by budweiser and Ducks Unlimited this past weekend in college station, with Willie playing saturday night. i enlightened several people to his idiotic rantings. he fell a few notches in their opinions of him, rightfully so.

the music is great but thats where it ends.
    Next concert {or movie or entertainment event or whatever} that I go to I sure hope there will be a mentor present to "ENLIGHTEN" me as to the political {or religious or personal or whatever leanings} of the entertainers.

That is real important to judge the entertainment value of the performance; and I'm sure would greatly enhance the experience.

I also feel it would be great if shows like "Meet the Press" would critique Dick Cheney, Nancy Pelosi or whatever guest on their guitar pickin and singin chops.

Pat Paulson for president regards

I guess if they allow more coastal drilling, we'll be seeing a lot more black labs?

Seriously, I'm glad to hear Cocodrie will be spared, not that anywhere else is more deserving, but Cocodrie holds a place in my heart.

For the others here who haven't had the privilege and wonderful experience of fishing, hunting, or just enjoying raw, unspoiled nature down there , Cocodrie is WAY down on the delta, where few people wander. Those who do, enjoy some of the best damn surf fishing anywhere in the world. You will still occasionally see shacks with people living in them, with no roads, no cars....just pirogues.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/29/us/29wind.html?hp

At least of one of these burns up and sinks, it won't cause a mess all over the coast.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I guess if they allow more coastal drilling, we'll be seeing a lot more black labs?

Seriously, I'm glad to hear Cocodrie will be spared, not that anywhere else is more deserving, but Cocodrie holds a place in my heart.

For the others here who haven't had the privilege and wonderful experience of fishing, hunting, or just enjoying raw, unspoiled nature down there , Cocodrie is WAY down on the delta, where few people wander. Those who do, enjoy some of the best damn surf fishing anywhere in the world. You will still occasionally see shacks with people living in them, with no roads, no cars....just pirogues.
    Yep, we are all living in squalar down here The enviromental impact has been blown out of proportion but that is what Pravda does in America.

Godspeed to the Horizon
    Just Win

Stu Shearer has built a financial empire with his fishing services down in Cocodrie. Stu has more power than the head of the parish(county) and calls most of the shots down there.

Dulac, which is just down the road is just as you described. Use to be a great place to shoot ducks before the U S Army Corp. Of Engineers got a hold of it and destroyed the marsh!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson