The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Lardy video question??

Default Mike Lardy video question??

Was wondering if someone would tell me a majority of the material covered in "total retriever training" the web page doesn't have that much info. Does it start with basic obedience??, and if so, at what point in training does it stop. Does it include cc and ff?? If I'm paying that much for a program I hope that would be covered as well as basic marking....

Thanks in advance. By the way, my goal that I would like to be able to reach as an end state of this program would be master hunter
    Tim Fitzgerald
    Anacoco, La

I have the first version of TRT on DVD and it briefly cover's OB but not FF. I believe that is covered in the Total Retriever Marking series. I know I was disapointed when I bought the TRT and none of what I needed at the time was covered. So I used Evan Graham's SmartWorks series instead & am just going to stick with that.
    You've never lived until you've almost died, and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor, that the protected will never know..........

Total Retriever Marking, doesn't cover FF at all, but it is the first video you should use with a puppy.

It covers the first stages of puppy marking, all the way through AA marking.

I don't have the "revised and expanded" edition of Total Retriever Training, but I don't think it adds any more FF material anyway.

I'm just watching the new DVDs for the fist time. With the DVDs and the bound retriever journal articles, you've got pretty much everything you need. One last thing, there is a separate DVD for collar conditioning that is very complete.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Ok, just curious as to why it is called trt when really I need to start with the total marking. I have some of Evans stuff but I don't have a partner or a clothes tree pole mounted in the ground. For lack of a better term, I train alone and just thought the Larry material might be less manpower demanding than Evan....
    Tim Fitzgerald
    Anacoco, La

I have the new TRT vers 2 and it coves force fetch. I think it is dum and just a way to make more money to sell total retriever marking separately. I need to buy it because I need more information on setting up marks correctly but I do not want to. LOL I would rather pay a local trainer I am working with. Not sure but smart works has a bunch of different cds as well but they may come in a package deal I do not know.

Joe
    Last edited by Joe&Knox; 06-18-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe&Knox View Post
    I have the new TRT vers 2 and it coves force fetch. I think it is dum and just a way to make more money to sell total retriever marking separately. Not sure but smart works has a bunch of different cds as well but they may come in a package deal I do not know.

Joe
    Total Retriever marking is an additional 5-6 hours of video. Lets call it 6.

So, you're saying that it was dumb to not just double the amount of video for the same price? Because Total Retriever Training and Total Retriever Marking together would be between 12 and 14 hours of video.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Total Retriever marking is an additional 5-6 hours of video. Lets call it 6.

So, you're saying that it was dumb to not just double the amount of video for the same price? Because Total Retriever Training and Total Retriever Marking together would be between 12 and 14 hours of video.
    Well IMO if you selling a training system it should include all parts for what ever price. I did not say it should not increase the price if it was included.

For a total newbe ME I need the information on marking and it is not coved very well on TRT. So now I have to buy it to get even just the basic marking information. I understand having a cd devoted to it for those who do not need the basic system but the basic system needs to have basic marking information. They could have a basic marking section from the marking cd included in the TRT vers.2 and more Advanced stuff for the special marking CD.

Joe
    Last edited by Joe&Knox; 06-18-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe&Knox View Post
    Well IMO if you selling a training system it should include all parts for what ever price. I did not say it should not increase the price if it was included.

For a total newbe ME I need the information on marking and it is not coved very well on TRT. So now I have to buy it to get even just the basic marking information. I understand having a cd devoted to it for those who do not need the basic system but the basic system needs to have basic marking information. They could have a basic marking section from the marking cd included in the TRT vers.2 and more Advanced stuff for the special marking CD.

Joe
    I agree with JOE, for that price, you would think that it would be a complete program. just sayin....
    Tim Fitzgerald
    Anacoco, La

Here is a list of the major topics in the index:
    BASICS (formal ob, ff, simple casting)
    COLLAR CONDITIONING
    PILE WORK
    DOUBLE T
    SWIM-BY
    PATTERN BLINDS
    BLIND DRILLS
    PATTERN BLINDS WITH DIVERSIONS
    YARD DRILLS
    WATER CHEATING
    WATER BLINDS
    PROGRESSING ON MARKS
    LITERAL CASTING
    CASTING MECHANICS
    SECONDARY SELECTION AND SHORT BIRD TRAINING
    REPETION OF MARKS
    HEADSWINGING AND BUILDING MARKING CONCEPTS
    LAND TRIPLE
    COMMUNICATION AND MOVEMENT AT LINE
    WATER TRIPLE
    MULTIPLE LAND BLINDS
    WATER BLIND
    TUNE-UP DRILL
    ABC DRILL (marks)
    PROBLEM SOLVING AND BB BLINDS

There is plenty of information on each subject including marking.

In the separate collar conditioning video he takes a dog that has never had collar pressure and takes it through the entire process.
    In the Total Marking dvd he spends six hours on just marking. There is plenty marking information on TRT but the TRM just goes into a whole lot more detail as does the CC dvd.