RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

2010 National Am # 61 NAFC-FC Fourleaf's Ice Breaker ( Buster ) WINNER!!!!!!

98K views 674 replies 151 participants last post by  24116 
#1 ·
Sounds like the are about to begin first series. Any reports on what it is?

#40 ·
Hello all--

Apologies...

As of about as much as an hour ago I am shut down on the database again. This will be hopefully fixed as soon as possible. In just a few minutes I'll update handles since my last post that actually went through.

Thanks for your patience.

#47 · (Edited)
Looks like the blog may be back up and running....

edit: very slow though?

#49 ·
I looked at the club meeting stuff on Saturday. No mention of the 2011 Nat'l Am.

Wonder if they cancelled it?

Startin' an internet rumor regards,

#50 ·
They announced the judges, and I believe it's in Wisconsin!

#51 ·
Susan, this is what they posted. I don't see anything about judges or location of the 2011 Nat'l Am.

Menu of the cocktail party but not where it will be next year.
<H4>National Amateur Club Annual Meeting -- June 19, 2010
The General Meeting of the National Amateur Retriever club was called to order at 3:08 pm by President Suzanne King. She inroduced the Board of Directors: Brad Clow, First Vice President; Duncan Christie, Second Vice President; Laura Parrot, Third Vice President; Sec'y/Treasurer, Fred Kampo. Fred Kampo then read the roll call. He expressed the need for the club secretaries to return the proxies that he mails to them and was concerned that after roll call, we would not have a quorum.He established that we did--but it was close! More to come...​
Cocktail Party -- 6 pm Saturday June 19, 2010

The Cocktail Party was held at 6 pm under a large white tent on the grounds of the Running Y Golf Resort. It was quite brisk out side, but things soon warmed up in the tent as people started to arrive. The party-goers looked striking in their finery, but some wished they had dressed for a different season...it just didn't feel like mid-June! However,as stated previously, as the drinks flowed and people met up with old and new acquaintances, the conversation soon changed from the weather to better subjects.There were so many delicious food choices to choose from: mini turkey, ham and roast beef sandwiches; stuffed mushrooms; assorted cheeses and garlic toast; black bean salsa and guacamole with chips; shrimp cocktail; baked brie on crackers; chicken salad on cucumber slices; scallops wrapped in bacon; smoked salmon and dill on toast and a fresh fruit platter. Everyone ate well and enjoyed themselves looking at all the raffle items. The raffle is held in conjunction with California Outdoor Heritage Alliance. The items ranged from a limited edition print by Tim Cox to a wine basket full of goodies...from a handcrafted silver knife to various pictoral books. Many participated in the silent auction as well. There were some stunning contributions such as drawings of ducklings by Arnie Erwin; a Tritronics collar; a CWI limited edition decoy of the year; bird boxes and other items.​
</H4>

#53 ·
Susan, this is what they posted. I don't see anything about judges or location of the 2011 Nat'l Am.

Menu of the cocktail party but not where it will be next year.
</H4>

Howard-

They must have done some editing. I know that I saw on Working Retriever that Mary Howley was one of the judges. Sorry, I don't recall the other two. That was before the menu of the cocktail party went up. I have a feeling it wasn't supposed to be up yet, and was removed. Jack Unbehan has indicated the location of the National 2011 on this board. The chair has become common knowledge in the midwest due to his organizational abilities, is what I have heard.

#52 ·
How could Sherri and I not cheer for two chocolate littermates we whelped and raised for the first six weeks of their lives?!? Go #39 and #69!

Go
Drake and Roux!!!

Terri would be so proud.

#55 · (Edited)
I saw on Working Retriever that Mary Howley was one of the judges
They announced the judges, and I believe it's in Wisconsin!
Can both of these be true?

I thought the judges had to come from a different time zone than from where the trial was going to be held.

Poor Susan, honest, I'm not picking on you. Still would like to know where the nat'l am will be held next year. Not that I'd go or anything. For the most part whoever the judges are would just be names to me, not faces I'd know.

#66 ·
You can pick on me Howard. I know I read Howley. However, would it be Montana if they are in Oregon now? I thought they rotated east, west, middle, or something like that....

But, it will be in Wisconsin sometime soon!

#59 ·
where ever it is it will be cooler than north texas!! the heat made me forget more faves- some of the nicest people in the game - Charlie H and the amazing Bunny, Jim C and always intent Zoom and Jason and 'hedoesn't need it if he's that good' - Lucky, the Williams and the bodacious **** and last but not least the irascible Lance and his lovely ladies- there, hope that covers it..but I still probably forgot someone...

it's hard to pick when there are so many good dogs and good people regards,

#67 · (Edited)
2011 is in Montana

2012 in Michigan

2013 in Wisconsin

Barb

There ya go..... Leave it to Barb!!!!!

Montana is the Rocky Moutain time zone, Michigan is eastern, and Wisconsin is back to Central time.

G
#70 ·
Folks will need to make their lodging reservations early for Montana next year. There are not many h/motel rooms in that area and I just heard Nine Pipes was closed down so there goes a chunk of rooms right there.

I believe the host hotel will be at the Best Western in Polson. Is that correct, Glenda?

I hope the rainy season decides to stop a little early next year so the weather is nice for the event. :) It's been beautiful here so far in Klamath Falls.

#77 ·
I was just in the Polson/Ronan/Flathead Valley last week for a couple days of work and the weather was perfect there as well. Ninepipes hotel was open when I drove by it but I don't think they have much for lodging anyways.

Polson is only about a 15 min drive from Ronan and Missoula is about 40 min with a lot of newer hotels on the hwy exit leading North from I90 exit going into the valley.

#80 · (Edited)
A couple handles so far this morning....lots of big hunts, too....

The blog has some pictures up for this morning.....great job Vickie!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.