The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Labrador breeders in the country

Default Best Labrador breeders in the country

Curious as to who yall think are the best breeders in the country. I am in the market again. Thinking about a black or golden girl

candlewood's mary howley wi.

Wait a sec... what breed/s are we talking about? There's no such thing as a "golden" lab.

Question

I figured that response would come. I am talking about either a black lab girl or a golden retriever girl. Trying to make up my mind. Look at my previous post.

what will you do with your Lab.. there are all kinds of aptitudes in the breed.

Depends on what youre looking for- what do you want to do? What do you want to look at?
    The best breeder would be someone who did all the clearances (hips,elbows,eyes,eic.)and socialized the pups in a non barn situation. Handled them well, toys,birds, etc....
    To put a name on someone like that would not be fair because there are lots of great people out there wanting to do the right thing-
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Some of the best dogs don't come from "breeders" at all. They are a product of a good bitch & a good sire. My meaning is that owners of these good dogs realize their traits, find a good match and breed. As breeders they may never breed a dog again but from that litter might produce some great dogs. Buying a pup from this type of breeding requires the buyer to do a little more research from a health prospective.

There is that approach, then there is the established breeder who has attempted to breed/develop a line of dogs that generally have good health history, good conformation and some indication of an ability to compete in their target sport/game. Buying a pup from this type breeder will require the buyer to do a little more research relative to performance traits. Sometimes you get a good combination of two great dogs & an established breeder with a track record but not as often as you might think.

Then there's the 3rd category where someone breeds their dog because they like the dog or it has a proven performance track record but not a top level performance history & the buyer has to research health & performance potential in an environment that is far from open, clear or easy to document.

So I'm, not inclined to be of the opinion that there is a "best" group of breeders. It's all according to what you are looking for in a pup. If you want a performance pup, without question, in a general sense, Labradors offer the best chances of success statistically.
    David Didier, GA

Candlewood
    Misty Marsh Gun Dog Supplies is your source for Elsema remote release electronics, Dogtra, Sport Dog, Tri-Tronics, Armadillo foam, Dokken, Gunners Up wingers, Retriever Specalists, Alfa, Smartworks, and more. www.mistymarsh.com

Depends on what you mean by "best." To me, success isn't measured in terms of titles when it comes to breeders, but rather when those who are active in the world of dog competitions (regardless of the venue) responsibly, ethically breed an occasional litter of healthy, well-socialized, well-loved, good-looking puppies with nice pedigrees and parents who have passed all health clearances, for a purpose other than money. JMHO
    -Julie, Monty (2005 YLM), Rogue (2009 BLM), and Eddy (2013 BLM)

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Anon

LIFE IS GOOD. "Do what you like, like what you do."

I would find the Parents that you prefer a pup from first then find out who is breeding to those dogs/bitches then research the breeders at that point.