The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: When did we decide to let Mexico go to heck?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,235

    Default When did we decide to let Mexico go to heck?


    He guys,
    I have another simple question.
    I very much enjoyed learning mid-east history from last time and want to pick your brains again?
    When did we decide to let Mexico go to heck? I saw on the news this evening that some nice feller was running for a political office in one of the northern states of Mexico. And he was gunned down in the street by those nasty cartel fellers. They shoot folk running for office in the street. Now I bought myself a military force. I picked it up second hand when I began paying taxes. I figger it is the best in the world, though others seem to challenge that, at times. I share my army with the rest of you, for while we are many, we act as one. We have members of our military all over the world. Building nations and promoting peace, through force. We pay for this, you and I. Actually, off topic I had a kid waiting tables for us who was an economic major at U.V.M. and he could take your taxable income and the amount of it you contributed to the general fund and the known percentage of that, that was for the publicly known military budget, at the time. And calculate what you paid to the military. It takes me two, two-week pay periods, to buy one rifle bullet!!!!! But all of us together buy some powerful stuff don’t we. Sometimes I sit and wonder what my bullet did this month. Now we chose to have our military in Korea, and Germany, and Japan, and Cuba, and Iraq, and Afghanistan, Kurdistan, Pakistan. Hereastan, Thereastan, Everywhereastanstan!
    Yet there sits Mexico.
    Our friendly neighbor to the south.
    If you added up all those deaths from our fairly recent terror attacks and wars in the stans.
    And compared all the loss of life from Mexico, from straight up killings to deaths of human traffic left in locked trucks to all the lives destroyed by the drugs. What number is higher? Do we have any of our military in Mexico? If not why? Where is the greater threat, half way around the world or a place I can drive my truck to?
    When did we choose to let this happen? Did Manifest Destiny die at the pacific? What if there was no border at all. And going from Arizona to Sonora was the same as going from Vermont to Massachusetts?



    .
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    He guys,
    I have another simple question.
    I very much enjoyed learning mid-east history from last time and want to pick your brains again?
    When did we decide to let Mexico go to heck? I saw on the news this evening that some nice feller was running for a political office in one of the northern states of Mexico. And he was gunned down in the street by those nasty cartel fellers. They shoot folk running for office in the street. Now I bought myself a military force. I picked it up second hand when I began paying taxes. I figger it is the best in the world, though others seem to challenge that, at times. I share my army with the rest of you, for while we are many, we act as one. We have members of our military all over the world. Building nations and promoting peace, through force. We pay for this, you and I. Actually, off topic I had a kid waiting tables for us who was an economic major at U.V.M. and he could take your taxable income and the amount of it you contributed to the general fund and the known percentage of that, that was for the publicly known military budget, at the time. And calculate what you paid to the military. It takes me two, two-week pay periods, to buy one rifle bullet!!!!! But all of us together buy some powerful stuff don’t we. Sometimes I sit and wonder what my bullet did this month. Now we chose to have our military in Korea, and Germany, and Japan, and Cuba, and Iraq, and Afghanistan, Kurdistan, Pakistan. Hereastan, Thereastan, Everywhereastanstan!
    Yet there sits Mexico.
    Our friendly neighbor to the south.
    If you added up all those deaths from our fairly recent terror attacks and wars in the stans.
    And compared all the loss of life from Mexico, from straight up killings to deaths of human traffic left in locked trucks to all the lives destroyed by the drugs. What number is higher? Do we have any of our military in Mexico? If not why? Where is the greater threat, half way around the world or a place I can drive my truck to?
    When did we choose to let this happen? Did Manifest Destiny die at the pacific? What if there was no border at all. And going from Arizona to Sonora was the same as going from Vermont to Massachusetts?



    .
    Well, it's pretty standard to deploy your military at the extreme edges of your empire. Roman Legions were deployed throughout Africa, Germany, British Aisles. The British had their fleet in America, Africa, India, etc. Since the Monroe Doctrine, South America has been pretty much off limits to the rest of the world, hell we almost had a nuclear war over a stinking island off Florida.

    You raise some profound questions. Why do we do it? I fall on the side of MONEY. Lot of money to be made blowing crap up and setting up puppet regimes around the world to funnel resources back to our industries. Then there is the Security argument. Some folks think we are safer at home because we have a giant military poised to attack and destroy anywhere on the planet at a moments notice. That's probably true to an extent. But it's damn expensive. It brought the Ruskies down. And in the end, probably won't last many more years for the United States either.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,235

    Default

    And today,
    I saw that a town down there had all of its police officers quit.
    Complete lawlessness, rule by cartel.
    We have our military deployed around the globe defending the downtrodden.
    Yet right here on our doorstop we have total lawlessness.
    We should invade, for the common good of both sides of the border.
    Actually, with the people and gear already in place, couldn’t we just let Texas do it?
    Those folk need help, we are getting attacked and invaded every day.
    Why is this taking so long?






    .
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  4. #4
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    And today,
    I saw that a town down there had all of its police officers quit.
    Complete lawlessness, rule by cartel.
    We have our military deployed around the globe defending the downtrodden.
    Yet right here on our doorstop we have total lawlessness.
    We should invade, for the common good of both sides of the border.
    Actually, with the people and gear already in place, couldn’t we just let Texas do it?
    Those folk need help, we are getting attacked and invaded every day.
    Why is this taking so long?

    .
    That is exactly what they want us to do!

    If we invade, we will have to take care of them too. Build schools, hospitals, power grids, put them on SS etc. Afterall, that's the way our over-grown warm & fuzzy Fed Gov would handle it.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    And today,
    I saw that a town down there had all of its police officers quit.
    Complete lawlessness, rule by cartel.
    We have our military deployed around the globe defending the downtrodden.
    Yet right here on our doorstop we have total lawlessness.
    We should invade, for the common good of both sides of the border.
    Actually, with the people and gear already in place, couldn’t we just let Texas do it?
    Those folk need help, we are getting attacked and invaded every day.
    Why is this taking so long?






    .

    simple - a large portion of their people live here and an even larger number of folks living here are related to folks that live there so what politician wants to risk losing their votes? thats been Rick Perry's MO, but now that he will be going for a record 3rd term i think the gloves will come off, he doesnt need the latino vote anymore after next week. go get'em rick!

    rick perry is governor of the 10nth (or 7nth to 13nth depending on the source - who cares, its still big) largest economy in the world. he really needs to take the gloves off and start swinging.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    simple - a large portion of their people live here and an even larger number of folks living here are related to folks that live there so what politician wants to risk losing their votes? ....
    How would it loose votes?
    I only personally know 2 folk from
    Mexico. Both are U.S. citizens, one is my dentist and one a
    Waitress where I work. Both happen to be conservative,
    Republican, religious folk. I have chatted with both on this topic.
    My Dentist may actually have been the one that planted this invasion seed in my head.
    They both want safety for their families down there.
    But like I said in the O.P., I am hear to learn as some of you all may know more than the 2 I know, you know?



    .
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  7. #7
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    simple - a large portion of their people live here and an even larger number of folks living here are related to folks that live there so what politician wants to risk losing their votes? thats been Rick Perry's MO, but now that he will be going for a record 3rd term i think the gloves will come off, he doesnt need the latino vote anymore after next week. go get'em rick!

    rick perry is governor of the 10nth (or 7nth to 13nth depending on the source - who cares, its still big) largest economy in the world. he really needs to take the gloves off and start swinging.
    As much as you would like to think Gov Goodhair will take matters into his own hands, he will not because he has bigger political ambitions...its time for Senators Cornyn and KBH to step up and get some federal help (which we know this administration wont do)...unfortunately it may take more bloodshed or God forbid a major catastrophe for the Feds to do anything
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    How would it loose votes?
    I only personally know 2 folk from
    Mexico. Both are U.S. citizens, one is my dentist and one a
    Waitress where I work. Both happen to be conservative,
    Republican, religious folk. I have chatted with both on this topic.
    My Dentist may actually have been the one that planted this invasion seed in my head.
    They both want safety for their families down there.
    But like I said in the O.P., I am hear to learn as some of you all may know more than the 2 I know, you know?


    .


    dude - with all due respect you are in vermont, we are talking about Texas here. trust me, every texan knows more than 2 people from mexico as soon as they exit the womb.

    and you should see the stats of mexican gangs infiltration in houston. scary scary scary, and just today i saw a guy in home depot with the trademark tattoos on his face that look like houston astro logos. google up ms-13, they are everywhere here as well. buddied up with the zetas now.....its a different world than when i was growing up here.
    Last edited by david gibson; 10-28-2010 at 10:15 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    The reconquista...coming to your backyard, if it's not already there....

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  10. #10
    Senior Member BrianW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Athol, North Idaho
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    We should invade, for the common good of both sides of the border.
    .....
    Those folk need help, we are getting attacked and invaded every day.
    Why is this taking so long?
    First off because Obama would likely institute ROE like Afghanistan. Do you really want more military tribunals when our troops shoot cartel members in the butt and then support the dealers for the rest of their lives because their civil rights were violated?
    Also -
    Do you really want to hear Jimmy Carter lecturing us on behalf of the occupied Mexicans like he does for the Palestinians?
    Don't give him another "cause", please!
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791
    ________________________________________
    Proud partner of (HR) WR SR Brian's 44Magnum Monster
    co-owned by HR Rianne's 2nd Chance Hurricane Rebel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •