The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hew, Ducknworth, RK, BBGH, Yardley, and others....

Default Hew, Ducknworth, RK, BBGH, Yardley, and others....

This forum has been taken over by a few who cannot see beyond their ideals. I have enjoyed and learned from all of you, especially those with whom I disagree.

Most have been gentlemen and ladies, many more than I listed in the title, but the few who are obnoxious and immature have made this forum not worth the time.

I hope to keep in touch with most of you via PM or FB, but to the few who have made this forum venomous, I have nothing to say. You're not worth my time.

As suggested by the radical police here, I will take a break.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Dave, I can understand your sentiments. There seem to be a growing number of intollerant buffoons here that turn to personal insults for those who aren't in lockstep with their ideals or sentiments.
    They are too ignorant to realize that it only reflects poorly on them, and also either shows that they have no rational counter arguments to the opposing view, or that they are too stupid to argue them.

I noticed Deputydawg and others have also grown weary of it. Your absence will only give the bully's want they want. A discussion board without differing opinions is really worthless to a rational openminded person; however that fact {and many others} doesn't occur to them.

I would hope you would keep offering your input & realize that their insults really don't affect you. They only serve to diminish themselves in the eyes of the rational posters on here; who admittedly seem to be fewer and farther between at times.

Good Luck & Hope to see you continue to contribute your input

Dave,
    Although you and I find ourselves on different sides of some issues, I hope that I'm not one of the folks who you are talking about. I've always tried to keep it civil and I've tried to explain my perspective in a rational and logical way. Hope I haven't offended you along the way.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

You think POTUS is bad ....have you been on the main page lately..its almost safer here
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Enjoyed your presence, Dave. But I have noticed that there are fewer and fewer participants in this forum. I'm sure that many have been convinced that some kind of maniacs exist here because of the name calling.

Our nation is in a time of great crisis. We need good leadership if we are going to make it. But the name calling as exhibited here and in the body politic serves only to discourage those that might serve the country well.

Governance of this country demands input from various viewpoints. Those inputs can only mean anything if there is mutual respect. But this forum is adding little other than hostility.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    You think POTUS is bad ....have you been on the main page lately..its almost safer here
    It is worse there right now....now "SIT!!"

Dave is my friend and I always enjoy the banter.

Sometimes when some people talk down to others the may not have what it takes to stand up in the same manner.
    If the feel they have been talked down to, they react in a manner they are accustomed to.

Too many (perhaps me as well) back others into a corner.
    They come out swinging in the way they know how.

Some can do it 1 way, but there other ways to skin a cat.

I do not like the name calling or the making fun of names.
    I have my reasons.

But there are 2 sides to this, shockingly, there are a couple of progressives that don't fight nice as well.

When you can wrap your arms around that, YOU TOO may see some of the answers you think are so clear.

I like talkin' to Dave, we talk on different venues other than this board and I will continue to talk to Dave.

But again, both ideological sides express themselves on occasion that crosses the line as personal.

I have chosen to use succinct 1 liners, as no one here listens or pays attention anyway and I know I won't change any minds.

I am 58 years old, I have been in combat 3 times, I have saved several lives, I have raised and educated two kids, I have had the love of 2 great women (1 is gone now), I have built a couple businesses, I have had some nice professional succes I get to do all the things I love (except teach Elvis to be silent at the line)and I have been around the world.
    I am the result of my life experiences just like you guys.
    I also prefer not to be talked down to or approached as though I am a fool.

I try to be respectful, but if someone wants to get jiggy, let's go.

For what it's worth.

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 07-11-2010 at 07:05 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

At least on POTUS, when we say "Sit Means Sit", we spell it with the letter "h" in the appropriate places.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    This forum has been taken over by a few who cannot see beyond their ideals. I have enjoyed and learned from all of you, especially those with whom I disagree.

Most have been gentlemen and ladies, many more than I listed in the title, but the few who are obnoxious and immature have made this forum not worth the time.

I hope to keep in touch with most of you via PM or FB, but to the few who have made this forum venomous, I have nothing to say. You're not worth my time.

so take your ball and go home because obama keeps feeding the other side ammunition and you find it harder and harder to defend him with any modicum of self respect left over?

please.......you remind me of the guy on the sofa in the new geico commercial.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAdLruOIKmA

Good luck to you.

I never understood why someone who posts on an internet bulletin board and decides to leave/stop posting feels compelled to make an announcement about it.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

Is that all it took to get rid of you? Sarah Palin has more staying power than you do!

We live in Cuba now.