The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Hew, Ducknworth, RK, BBGH, Yardley, and others....

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I would agree that this is a generally white game, just as it is also a predominantly conservative and predominantly Christian group, but there are some outstanding non-whites who ae pretty prominent both as competitors and judges, and there are also a number on non-Christians and even Liberals. I believe Blackstone is referring to Malcolm Haith, who runs a few field trial dogs, including his Chessie Hunter, and contributes a lot to the sport. Ours is a small community and most that we do is not necessarily viewed favorably by the general public. I understand the back and forth about breeds (after all Chessie and Fluffy owners have already decided that being different is better than winning), but I see no useful purpose in trying to define or divide our community based on politics, religion, nationality, sexual orientation (we have all of those also)or color.

Kudos, Jeff. Probably one of the, if not the, best posts I've ever read here, particularly the last sentence.

k g
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

I think we all have one thing in common that should override all the partisan BS (which I sling regularly)... a love for our dogs and whatever game we play with them. All the rest is just stuff. We can needle each other unmercifully, but lets not make it personal. After all, our common interest is what brought us here in the first place.
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Susie Q View Post
    Thanks for proving my point Mr. Gibson; and proving your point "many of us just can't understand"

Did you know that there are many gays and lesbians who participate in field trials as judges, trainers, and tough competitors; and have been accepted and respected by the field trial community. It has already been pointed out about the other races. I can not speak for the other dog games. Could it be that the dog game crowd is a cross section of America and this board is not?

By the way, the information I posted was not attributed to any author or had any indications it was a quote from the source on the internet where I saw the information, I never claimed that was my writing. You are creating issues out of non-issues a typical right wing radical strategy.
    you signed your name to it and didnt cite a reference. lame..

Did you know that there are many gays and lesbians who participate in field trials as judges, trainers, and tough competitors; and have been accepted and respected by the field trial community.
    And you know this, how? Because of your super-spy job and hacking into people's personal information? I don't care who you are, this is a pretty disgusting post. I think I speak for many when I say I don't give a d*mn about other people's sex lives nor what they do behind closed doors. In fact I'd go as far as to say that your gossip, as well as your statement above, falls into the category of "too much information" and I suspect you posted it so we'd all think you're a member of the "in crowd" with the capability of blackmailing someone with your powder keg of insider scoop about who swings both ways. You need to crawl back into the hole you came out of.

Banned

Did you know that there are many gays and lesbians who participate in field trials as judges, trainers, and tough competitors; and have been accepted and respected by the field trial community. It has already been pointed out about the other races. I can not speak for the other dog games. Could it be that the dog game crowd is a cross section of America and this board is not?
    y.
    if this were true, then at any given hunt test or field trial with 100 participants (based on 2000 census and a 2008 estimate) there would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 68 anglos, 15 hispanics, 12 african-americans, and 5 asians. and depending on what estimates you trust, maybe 3 or 4 gay/lesbian.

now, out of several dozen events i have attended, i see more like 95% anglo, if not more. therefore, somewhere else in the country there must be a lot of events with an overwhelmingly minority participation. i dont see that happening. forget about the gay/lesbian, good luck figuring out if that is valid, but i do know a couple in the game.

so sorry, the numbers just dont bear it out. now go back and reread why i brought this fact out. it was never intended to stir a race debate, it was just to cite a fact for dnf. he had no issue with it or me, why should you? you tried so hard to make it racial and prove me wrong but until you show me a valid estimate that the demographics of the sport fit the national numbers then i will stand by my statement.

now, i am done with anything along race lines, there is no reason for it.

SuzyQ, comes out of left field, 15 posts all in POTUS. not even man enough to post his real name or location, spews the lib talking points, and expects us to care.

Ignore list, here I come!!!!

and then there's a couple of Gentlemen (yes, capital G) i have had the priviledge to meet; Dr. Gene Byrd and Tellus Calhoun.

the sport is big enough for people of any kind of descent and it shouldn't even come up as a topic for discussion on this board. -Paul
    Last edited by paul young; 07-15-2010 at 04:51 PM.
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Banned

I am not trying to bring back an old thread, but I found something interesting on pages 4 and 9. RK on page 4 quoted SusieQ and I could not find the origional thread she posted on and on page 9 David Gibson quoted SusieQ and there wasn't any origional thread before that SusieQ posted on either.

Who the he!! SusieQ was remains a mistery.

SusieQ claimed to be an employee of the Secret Srvice.
    One of my best friends is Retired SS.
    WE had a discussion about SusieQ.

As it turns out, using SS computers, or announcing your position for gain....OR claiming to be SS when you are not all are FELONIES!!!!!!

When I brought this to SusieQ's attention, SusieQ vanished.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game, Set & Match.......RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I am not trying to bring back an old thread, but I found something interesting on pages 4 and 9. RK on page 4 quoted SusieQ and I could not find the origional thread she posted on and on page 9 David Gibson quoted SusieQ and there wasn't any origional thread before that SusieQ posted on either.

Who the he!! SusieQ was remains a mistery.
    OK, explain why these old threads keep appearing since you're not trying to bring them back. I'd say posting on them to bring them back on the main page indicates you are, in fact, obessed with stuff that happened in the past. Kind of sad, really. I doubt anyone else even cares who's trolled this forum under a fake name.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981