The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hew, Ducknworth, RK, BBGH, Yardley, and others....

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Is that all it took to get rid of you? Sarah Palin has more staying power than you do!

We live in Cuba now.
    Sarah Palin quit long before I did...from a job she took at oath to uphold. I never took an oath to post here.

RK, Hookset--You know I'm not talking about you guys. Zeus, Bon, Duck, you guys are all friends in my book, and I'll throw ducks or tip glasses with ya'll anytime.

Subroc, I only say goodbye because I do have friends here, and you're one of them, that I will miss bantering with.

Gibson--you are right. Obama is making it easier for you guys it seems. But he is not the reason I'm leaving. Its a few here who can't abide by a few unwritten rules of common respect and decency. You and I have squared off before, but both come out better for it. You actually tempt me to stick around.

I'm sure I'll be back, but just need a break for a while. Besides, with a job, kids home for the summer, nice weather.....need some time away.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Dave, as I said above, the best of luck to you...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

dnf is a Drama Queen thats why he had to make two posts saying he's leaving. Anyone else would have just quit posting his usual Liberal BS.

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    dnf is a Drama Queen thats why he had to make two posts saying he's leaving. Anyone else would have just quit posting his usual Liberal BS.
    Just had to get in one last jab, didn't you?

I don't spend much time looking at liberal forums because to me it seems ridiculous to spend time discussing politics with people you agree with. At least it makes you think to have to deal with those who challenge your opinions. But it sure looses it's luster when you have to deal with those who get personal and disrespectful. Stay busy and have fun with your family and your dog.

Now I'll have to take a look at the antics on the main forum. Haven't looked there in awhile either.
    Last edited by Buzz; 07-11-2010 at 09:35 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

While new to this forum, I too ahve been amazed at the name calling and ridicule expressed. It was easy to see RoaD Kill's style on one liners which are quite entertaining and at ties informative. I enjoy his posts.

I have always liked to ask questions. Ones answers shows much about the person you are having a discussion. It shows the confidence in themselves bythe answers they give. Probably the most informative answer I hear is "I don't know" or "You are right and I am wrong" They certainly show an open mind and a willingness to learn.

As I said, my style is to ask questions and if I can to pick at the answers to gain different perspectives. I think that I tried this with you and you chose to pay more attention the the name calling instead of an open and objective dialogue. I regret that you chose to pay more attention to the former. Maybe we both could have learned something as well as those on this forum. Don't feel like I am picking on you, you are not the only one who apears to avoid answering questions but had rather deal with the name calling and ridicule.

Sorry we could not have an open and civil discussion

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    While new to this forum, I too ahve been amazed at the name calling and ridicule expressed. It was easy to see RoaD Kill's style on one liners which are quite entertaining and at ties informative. I enjoy his posts.

I have always liked to ask questions. Ones answers shows much about the person you are having a discussion. It shows the confidence in themselves bythe answers they give. Probably the most informative answer I hear is "I don't know" or "You are right and I am wrong" They certainly show an open mind and a willingness to learn.

As I said, my style is to ask questions and if I can to pick at the answers to gain different perspectives. I think that I tried this with you and you chose to pay more attention the the name calling instead of an open and objective dialogue. I regret that you chose to pay more attention to the former. Maybe we both could have learned something as well as those on this forum. Don't feel like I am picking on you, you are not the only one who apears to avoid answering questions but had rather deal with the name calling and ridicule.

Sorry we could not have an open and civil discussion
    relax and reflect a little here dave, you are like the new brittish kid who shows up to a junior high class in texas wearing shorts and suspenders. you are never going to get away from the target that is painted over your chest.

this sport and lifestyle of retrievers and hunting that we all hold in common is pretty much exclusive to the middle and upper middle class anglo section of our society. that subset is overwhelmingly anti-obama and has been from the start. as i have said before, many of us just cant understand how anyone in our sport can hold liberal beliefs. so by default you are an abuse magnet, some just do it with a little more thought and substance than others.

but i certainly understand the need for a break. maybe while on your little break in mamby-pamby land you can find yourself a little self confidence you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    Now that's disrespectful.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    relax and reflect a little here dave, you are like the new brittish kid who shows up to a junior high class in texas wearing shorts and suspenders. you are never going to get away from the target that is painted over your chest.

this sport and lifestyle of retrievers and hunting that we all hold in common is pretty much exclusive to the middle and upper middle class anglo section of our society. that subset is overwhelmingly anti-obama and has been from the start. as i have said before, many of us just cant understand how anyone in our sport can hold liberal beliefs. so by default you are an abuse magnet, some just do it with a little more thought and substance than others.

but i certainly understand the need for a break. maybe while on your little break in mamby-pamby land you can find yourself a little self confidence you jackwagon!
    OMG! the next thing you know, we'll be refering to photographers as "Artsy-Fartsy". (2nd wink for emphasis, ya know). JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

The offenders are showing themselves!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!