The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hew, Ducknworth, RK, BBGH, Yardley, and others....

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    PS Please share with your fellow Texan's, that ther ain't no ducks in NM.
    Thank You!
    I read something a few years ago in DU or Delta that New Mexico has more ducks fly through it than any other state in the country. I had to read it twice because I thought I didn't read it correctly. Why don't more people hunt NM? Why isn't it a Mecca? Do the ducks just pass through on their way to Mexico?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    The person who always amazes me with his ability to never take anything personal is Franco. Dude is unflappable. I don't think I've ever seen him write anything nasty about anyone; no matter how he might have been provoked and/or justified (including by me ). DNF, send me your address and I'll send you a crocheted WWFD bracelet that you can wear that will hopefully provide you with some tranquility while you post. Some songs need more cowbell. Some forums need more crazy-talk. We'll miss you while you're on your hiatus. Take care.
    No....no, no......that's just plain BS.....you and Franco both gave me shit years ago about my favorite D-1 institution.....the nasty, insulting language the two of you used is gonna cost you dearly.....SOON!!!!!!!!!!

I read something a few years ago in DU or Delta that New Mexico has more ducks fly through it than any other state in the country. I had to read it twice because I thought I didn't read it correctly. Why don't more people hunt NM? Why isn't it a Mecca? Do the ducks just pass through on their way to Mexico?
    How the hell did you get from Southern Kalifornia to Florida.....fly???? If you had driven through that........aaaaaaah.........scenic? local, you'd know why it's not a 'Mecca'
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Susie Q View Post
    The only true words above are "many of us just can't understand"; therefore you think you know it all.........

Perhaps the more moderate people posting or reading this forum were raised with better family values, i.e. manners, etc. that allow them to make conversation without name calling, spreading fear, hate, and lies which is the constant right wing losing platform - besides cut taxes, cut regulations, start wars, and spend like crazy.

You and many others repeatedaly show your intellectual capacity by your writings and rantings. As a child my father told me that people who cuss all the time are not very intelligent which is analagous to this board and the reason the know it all's will soon have it to themselves. It is just too unproductive for respectful folks..............
    More than coincidence???

Dave drops out... and SusieQ pops up.

As Frank Zappa once asked, "SuzieCreamCheese, what's got into you?"

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It is worse there right now....now "SIT!!"

Dave is my friend and I always enjoy the banter.

Sometimes when some people talk down to others the may not have what it takes to stand up in the same manner.
    If the feel they have been talked down to, they react in a manner they are accustomed to.

Too many (perhaps me as well) back others into a corner.
    They come out swinging in the way they know how.

Some can do it 1 way, but there other ways to skin a cat.

I do not like the name calling or the making fun of names.
    I have my reasons.

But there are 2 sides to this, shockingly, there are a couple of progressives that don't fight nice as well.

When you can wrap your arms around that, YOU TOO may see some of the answers you think are so clear.

I like talkin' to Dave, we talk on different venues other than this board and I will continue to talk to Dave.

But again, both ideological sides express themselves on occasion that crosses the line as personal.

I have chosen to use succinct 1 liners, as no one here listens or pays attention anyway and I know I won't change any minds.

I am 58 years old, I have been in combat 3 times, I have saved several lives, I have raised and educated two kids, I have had the love of 2 great women (1 is gone now), I have built a couple businesses, I have had some nice professional succes I get to do all the things I love (except teach Elvis to be silent at the line)and I have been around the world.
    I am the result of my life experiences just like you guys.
    I also prefer not to be talked down to or approached as though I am a fool.

I try to be respectful, but if someone wants to get jiggy, let's go.

For what it's worth.

stan b

Thank you for your service to our country. You are no fool and I do not believe anyone here thinks so. It is because of great patriots like you that we are able to spew our beliefs on forums such as this. Again, thank you.

Clint Watts

More than coincidence???

Dave drops out... and SusieQ pops up.

As Frank Zappa once asked, "SuzieCreamCheese, what's got into you?"

JD
    If Susie starts posting 30 times a day we'll know for sure.

Lies. All lies. There's no ducks here.

Go to TX, OK, and AR.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    .......For what it's worth.

stan b
    Buffalo Springfield I believe.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Go to TX, OK, and AR.

JD
    Hell, JD, I'm on the TX/OK border and there ain't no stinking ducks here. Why would there be? Sod farms took over all the peanut farms. The air boat boys still do OK on the Red River going in to Lake Texoma but even those ducks are just passing thru. Ain't like it used to be.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Hell, JD, I'm on the TX/OK border and there ain't no stinking ducks here. Why would there be? Sod farms took over all the peanut farms. The air boat boys still do OK on the Red River going in to Lake Texoma but even those ducks are just passing thru. Ain't like it used to be.
    Bummer dude. The public land and WMA pressure here is as great as any where.
    Same with the Rio Grande, and the area just keeps getting smaller.

I got access to some private land and I wish I just had more time. Maybe this year...

JD

Bummer dude. The public land and WMA pressure here is as great as any where.
    Same with the Rio Grande, and the area just keeps getting smaller.

I got access to some private land and I wish I just had more time. Maybe this year...

JD
    Time is the enemy, my boss told me that there will never be a good time, you just have to make time. Still havn't figured it out, when I do I will let the secret out. Hope this is the year for you.