The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Potus Announcement....all Users Read Please

Default Potus Announcement....all Users Read Please

POTUS is here for folks to use reasonably. It keeps this topic that some RTF folks enjoy debating off the main board.

The policy remains today as it has been since the board was set up. The policy is quite basic:

Be civil or be banned.

No, I am not here to write detailed "rules" about what's civil and what's not.

You all have the ability to report a post. If someone is abusing this resource, please do report the post and let us deal with it. Remember this please.

Guy "A" is thowing mud. Guy "B" gets into the gutter and decides to throw mud too. In the end, both are covered with mud and it matters not a whole lot who started it. If you're going to engage in non-civil treatment of others on RTF, you're looking at getting banned.

Yes, it is possible to use a political board respectfully and still debate.

Have fun. Enjoy RTF. Life's too short to get bent out of shape over internet arguments.

RTF is here, as always to provide value to the global retriever community.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

I will plan to do better...Thanks for the post, Chris. Hopefully we can all discuss things like adults from here on out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    OK, I guess I'll take a hiatus as well because I don't quite get what's being addressed here.

Did someone insult someone, and the insultee fired an insult back to the insulter and then the insulter whined?

Again, if I've insulted someone, it was not my intention, it was to be cynical humor.

For those of you that have insulted me.....no big deal.

Just sayin'......

stan b

i got an infraction for repeating the punch line of the Geico commercial that i also posted. if you didnt see the video, you didnt get that it was in jest. anyway, apparently i am GUILTY. even dnf - the target - didnt care. even when explained, apparently the forum gods cant even clear the software of the infraction. acquitted but still have to serve the sentence. no more potus for me.....

long hiatus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    i got an infraction for repeating the punch line of the Geico commercial that i also posted. if you didnt see the video, you didnt get that it was in jest. anyway, apparently i am GUILTY. even dnf - the target - didnt care. even when explained, apparently the forum gods cant even clear the software of the infraction. acquitted but still have to serve the sentence. no more potus for me.....

long hiatus for me.
    Guys,

Don't feel guilty.

I'm not telling anyone to take a hiatus.

I have absolutely no idea who did what and I'm not going to have much time in the next week or so to try and figure it out. I'm swamped. I don't enjoy reading POTUS when things are going well, and I sure as heck don't enjoy reading it when I'm trying to figure out who's abusing the resource.

David, I know absolutely nothing about your infraction and have no idea what your'e referencing. So if you're taking my comment as a jab from "the forum gods" against you, that's not the reason.

Just use the resource right please guys.

Thanks, Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    POTUS is here for folks to use reasonably. It keeps this topic that some RTF folks enjoy debating off the main board.

The policy remains today as it has been since the board was set up. The policy is quite basic:

Be civil or be banned.

No, I am not here to write detailed "rules" about what's civil and what's not.

You all have the ability to report a post. If someone is abusing this resource, please do report the post and let us deal with it. Remember this please.

Guy "A" is thowing mud. Guy "B" gets into the gutter and decides to throw mud too. In the end, both are covered with mud and it matters not a whole lot who started it. If you're going to engage in non-civil treatment of others on RTF, you're looking at getting banned.

Yes, it is possible to use a political board respectfully and still debate.

Have fun. Enjoy RTF. Life's too short to get bent out of shape over internet arguments.

RTF is here, as always to provide value to the global retriever community.

Chris
    When are you going to shut uncle bill down?
    It is past do!
    This is what he was all about!:
    Vinny last hunting year
    53 pheasants in South Dakota 200 + ducks in Idaho
    Lasting memories Vinny was 13+ years old!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    When are you going to shut uncle bill down?
    It is past do!
    Here is an example of what you don't want SAID; he repeats this kind of stuff ALL THE TIME.
    Vinny last hunting year

Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    Here is an example of what you don't want SAID; he repeats this kind of stuff ALL THE TIME.
    If it bothers you, try IGNORE. I'd bet UB would not care.

Max, one thing in your sig bothers me. SD has a limit per license, you talk of exceeding that limit considerably, did I miss something?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    If it bothers you, try IGNORE. I'd bet UB would not care.

Max, one thing in your sig bothers me. SD has a limit per license, you talk of exceeding that limit considerably, did I miss something?
    You did not see what he sent me in private. I have stopped reading anything this individual posts but I missed this one.
    Limit? There were 9 of us for 4 days (5.88 birds between each hunter). Next question?
    I had the only good retiever with several pointers and other flushing breeds.The ducks in Idaho was the year I let the pro who trainned Vinny use him for all most all of the duck season. He was hunted average of 3 days a week for the total season. Try hunting the Snake in southern Idaho and test your own dog.
    Last edited by sinner; 04-02-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: typing error.
    Vinny last hunting year