The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The proposed 13 story mosque at Ground Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I never thought of KKK as being religiously oriented, any more than the Nazis. I can admit to being less knowledgeable about theology than many others here may be. However, I don't know that anywhere in the New Tesstament of the Bible where Christians are directed to spread their faith by killing those who do not accept Christianity. While Christians may have done this in an aberrant interpretation of Christianity, I don't think it is a "directive" to kill in order to purify the world. While Islam, I believe, does have such a directive within its theology.

So, the KKK and The Inquisition where NOT following their religion, but rather were giving an unfounded interpretation of Christianity. Killing infidels, OTOH, is part of Islam's tenets. (I stress my limited knowledge in this latter regard, so am open to correction.)

It may also be of some significance that the Imam from NYC who was called upon after 911 as "counsel" in the aftermath of 911 later turned out to be a radical himself. This might make one suspicious of the motives of the rest of the community that this Imam represented.

Would we encourage the placing of a swastika on a historical center at Auschwitz even if the center were of a community/educational nature? If space in this "community center" is allocated specifically to Muslim prayer, it conveys to me making the area "holy ground" for Islam.

There already exist zoning ordinances in many places which preclude having "churches" in certain areas of municipalities. In fact, not long ago there was a case of such an ordinance (not that I support that) being used to preclude private gathering of a prayer group in a private home. (I don't know what the end result of that was.)

The final thought that occurs to me on this would be why the group proposing this center would persist in this project & not respect the sensitivities of the New Yorkers? To acknowledge the pain of New Yorkers would be a true act of good will. Simply making a large donation to a community center in the area, without superimposing any Islamic religious "stamp", with a suitable plaque expressing the condemnation of violence on behalf of peace-loving Muslims would be more impactful, and acceptable, I think.
    There is no place in the Koran that allows forced conversions (something done rutinely by Christian missionaries over time); they are specifically prohibited. Killing is only justified in defense of an attack. Those claiming justification of the Koran for their acts of violence are generally claiming that they are simply responding to attacks on Islam by the west. However, even there, they are not following the teachings of the Koran any more than the KKK (which does define itself as an organization for the defense of Christianity and white America.).

am i the only one who wonders where the money comes from,who in their right mind would sell the property to them?

Y'all should read up on what really happened in Cordoba around 1200....... at least what most scholars agree to. Peace my A&&........ I have no problem with a mosque.... ok, im lying........... but why not have a church and a synogogue(sp) too???? To bring religion into something that a group declare a bridge-type, realtionship healing place is biased and wrong. If you cant see that, then God help you. And yes, they have another agenda.
    Last edited by troy schwab; 07-16-2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: mispelling

An uber-PC defense of the absurd by Yardley. I'm shocked.

The swastica was a sacred symbol for both Hindus and Buddhists centuries before the Nazis used it. Would you accept a group's purchase of land next door to the National Holocaust Museum in Washington so they could honor their supposed Hindu roots by erecting a giant swastica to tower over the musem's entrance?

Would you be so accepting of a group purchasing land next to the Martin Luther King memorial in Atlanta so they could erect an eternally burning cross to supposedly honor their Scottish heritage (from which the origins of a burning cross originate)?

I'm sure you'd be apoplectic if the Baptist church bought the ruins of a bombed out abortion clinic and built a church on it.

Would you be so supportive of Rupert Murdoch erecting a giant dollar symbol within sight of Karl Marx's gravesite? My bad. That was a low blow.

It's not America's fault that islamo-facists have hijacked the face of Islam in much of the worlds' eye. IMO, and of others, Muslims don't seem too upset or concerned about that perception. Building a 13 story monument to Islam at Ground Zero seems to reinforce that perception. It's a thumb to our eye. It's tasteless and insensitive and hopefully most Americans are as disgusted by it as I am.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Banned

I say let 'em build it - - - - - - - - Then crash a fully fueled, unmanned drone airplane into it.

These posts by Yardley fully expose him for what he is. He is a one man defender of muslims and the koran.

Heard an interesting discussion on radio on the proposed mosque.

The host wondered why New Yorkers at large have not been more vocal in opposition to the proposal. He could not understand why New Yorkers would not be outraged over the proposal.Surely is a good question. Have I missed some coverage on that?

Also had a tape of Mayor Bloomberg advocating for "tolerance" WRT to the mosque. Somehow, I don't think Guiliani would feel the same as Bloomberg.

They did agree to change the name from Cordoba once it was publicized what the extended meaning of Cordoba signified in Muslim history.

Also, the proposal is to dedicate the mosque on ... 9 - 11 - 2011. While I am NOt a big Palin fan ... her words "stab in the heart" are not far off the mark for me. The mosque spokesperson (a woman), stated that we just don't understand how peaceful Muslims are. Since it was only a small clip ... no way to know if she also issued any public condemnation of the violence that the non-peaceful Muslims favor.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Yardley sure does know how to stir up the troops, I'm starting to think he's having fun messing with the group. Nobody in their right mind agrees with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc E View Post
    I say let 'em build it - - - - - - - - Then crash a fully fueled, unmanned drone airplane into it.

Sounds good to me!

Over the tears muslims have built mosques on the scenes of their victories. Thats why they want it on Ground Zero. We as Americans need to prevent it. What say our muslim president?