RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Retriever Icon, Jim Weitzel passed away 7/23/2010

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Doug Grant 
#1 · (Edited)
For those of you who remember Jim "Coach" Weitzel, he was a grand person to be around. His jokes and stories about field trials were hilarious. From Billy Voight, Jay Sweezy, Billy Wunderlich, and Bach Doar, to D.L. Walters and Cotton Pershall, and Mike Flannery (who I wish I could have met), I heard them all. We had fun training and having lunch at the picnic table. I could listen to Jim's stories all day long.

#2 ·
Thanks for posting that info...but not all the men on your list have left us...

#5 ·
RE: the men on the list...yes, not all have passed away, Jim just told me many very funny stories about them.

Here is the info for you...
WEITZEL JAMES E. WEITZEL, professional retriever trainer, former head football coach and teacher. Beloved husband of Shirley (Bucholtz); father of James (Judy) and Kay (Craig) Deighan; grandfather of Clinton and Jennifer Weitzel and Craig Deighan; brother of the late Harry. Memorials may be made in lieu of flowers to Harvey High School Athletic Fund. SERVICES WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY JOHNSON FUNERAL HOME OF PAINESVILLE AT for the first week in August.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.