The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: In accordance with your understanding of our Constution, should the mosque be built?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, that's the law, like it or not.

3 5.56%
  • No, the Freedom of Religion does not apply, and they should be denied

5 9.26%
  • No, although they are legally correct and have the right to build, it is just too insensitive

46 85.19%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no Mosque at Ground Zero?

Default Why no Mosque at Ground Zero?

Lots of discussion on both ends of the issue regarding the building of an Islamic Mosque/Community Center at Ground Zero. Why or why not?
    I hear lots of talk about "big goobermint" staying out of private business, and this outcry seems to contradict the laissez faire attitude. While most would agree they don't want it built, I'm just wondering if folks feel it is Constitutionally justified to deny them the right to build based on their religion, or if a special exception should be made to deny them that ability?

After re-reading the Constitution, I have to vote to let build, even though I think its a bad idea.
    Last edited by dnf777; 08-16-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I didn't have to read the Constitution to know they have the right to build but hope that there are legal ways to prevent it or make it too difficult and expensive to pursue.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

All Congress has to do is declare Ground Zero a National Monument and no mosque.

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    All Congress has to do is declare Ground Zero a National Monument and no mosque.

So is this actually ground zero?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    I don't think it is. Close tho...
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

The poll is really not answerable ... in accordance with the Constitution, one cannot answer "no" based on insensitivity.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Since part of the landing gear of one of the planes crashed thru the roof of the building one could argue that it is.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    The poll is really not answerable ... in accordance with the Constitution, one cannot answer "no" based on insensitivity.
    Exactly. The people who propose to build it should be the ones to decide it is too insensitive to build it there.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Exactly. The people who propose to build it should be the ones to decide it is too insensitive to build it there.
    However, through freedom of speech, others may voice their objections so that those who propose to build it can be made aware of the insensitivity of the proposal.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Lots of discussion on both ends of the issue regarding the building of an Islamic Mosque/Community Center at Ground Zero. Why or why not?
    I hear lots of talk about "big goobermint" staying out of private business, and this outcry seems to contradict the laissez faire attitude. While most would agree they don't want it built, I'm just wondering if folks feel it is Constitutionally justified to deny them the right to build based on their religion, or if a special exception should be made to deny them that ability?

After re-reading the Constitution, I have to vote to let build, even though I think its a bad idea.
    The fear and hate mongers have seized this issue for political gain. The fact is muslims represent a HUGE chunk of the population in and around the area in question. The other fact nobody seems willing to address is that the Muslim population of NY city did NOT blow up the trade center. A very small contingent of foreign fanatics who call themselves Muslims did. There is a difference. To blame all Muslims for the trade center destruction is akin to blaming all Jews for the death of Christ. It is ludicrous. Hate mongers are having a field day with this one.
    Where Muslims, Jews, Christians, Atheists, or anybody else choose to worship is their business. Nobody with half a brain cares anyway.