The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

View Poll Results: In accordance with your understanding of our Constution, should the mosque be built?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, that's the law, like it or not.

    3 5.56%
  • No, the Freedom of Religion does not apply, and they should be denied

    5 9.26%
  • No, although they are legally correct and have the right to build, it is just too insensitive

    46 85.19%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 112

Thread: Why no Mosque at Ground Zero?

  1. #11
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    The fear and hate mongers have seized this issue for political gain. The fact is muslims represent a HUGE chunk of the population in and around the area in question. The other fact nobody seems willing to address is that the Muslim population of NY city did NOT blow up the trade center. A very small contingent of foreign fanatics who call themselves Muslims did. There is a difference. To blame all Muslims for the trade center destruction is akin to blaming all Jews for the death of Christ. It is ludicrous. Hate mongers are having a field day with this one.
    Where Muslims, Jews, Christians, Atheists, or anybody else choose to worship is their business. Nobody with half a brain cares anyway.
    That explains a lot. I should have known where the problem is.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    That explains a lot. I should have known where the problem is.
    And for those that have less than half a functioning brain, issues like this are critical, aren't they.

  3. #13
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    And for those that have less than half a functioning brain, issues like this are critical, aren't they.
    Well, based on your logic, a large majority of the country has less than half a functioning brain.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  4. #14
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Well, based on your logic, a large majority of the country has less than half a functioning brain.
    I would agree on that.


    Duck: then the answer would be the third one. It almost recites verbatim, your post.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the one whose name I shall no longer mention View Post
    I would agree on that.


    Duck: then the answer would be the third one. It almost recites verbatim, your post.
    No, because your question references the Constitution. With regards to the Constitution, there is nothing to prevent it from being built. If your question said "Should the mosque be built?" then I would think that #3 is the correct answer.
    Last edited by ducknwork; 08-17-2010 at 05:50 AM. Reason: ammended quote

  6. #16
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia
    Posts
    6,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Since part of the landing gear of one of the planes crashed thru the roof of the building one could argue that it is.

    Then again dust and debris covered most of the city and surronding areas, so should they be banned in say Brooklyn where plenty of dust landed?

    They are allowed to build it, but IMHO they should not out of respect and to avoid possiable trouble. Still where exactly does the line end. Would it still be an issue if it was one more block away? How about 6 more blocks away? How about in the city at all?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  7. #17
    Senior Member cotts135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Watertown NY
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I didn't have to read the Constitution to know they have the right to build but hope that there are legal ways to prevent it or make it too difficult and expensive to pursue.


    Just want to make exceptions because of an affiliation to a religion do you? Well how about tomorrow we declare that Catholics can't build a church within 10 blocks from a school because.......well because we all know the problems with Catholic priests and young boys or maybe let's say we limit what Protestants can build down south because again we all know that most members of the KKK were Protestants........... I hope you get the point here, it's the principal to be free from discrimination that the Constitution clearly states that is important.

    Look, there are some things that come with Free speech that I find truly repugnant, such as burning the flag, or protesting at soldiers funerals, but I believe sincerely that going down a slippery slope and restricting Free speech in more and more instances that we simply disagree with is far worse than allowing it to happen and not feeling to good about it. The same holds true for Religious discrimination

  8. #18
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Just want to make exceptions because of an affiliation to a religion do you? Well how about tomorrow we declare that Catholics can't build a church within 10 blocks from a school because.......well because we all know the problems with Catholic priests and young boys or maybe let's say we limit what Protestants can build down south because again we all know that most members of the KKK were Protestants........... I hope you get the point here, it's the principal to be free from discrimination that the Constitution clearly states that is important.

    Look, there are some things that come with Free speech that I find truly repugnant, such as burning the flag, or protesting at soldiers funerals, but I believe sincerely that going down a slippery slope and restricting Free speech in more and more instances that we simply disagree with is far worse than allowing it to happen and not feeling to good about it. The same holds true for Religious discrimination
    That's the best way I've heard it said. Right on the mark.

    I would wonder if Christians are banned from Waco, Texas....or Mormans from many states where polygamy was committed? I get your point perfectly.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    the Dixie flag is all but banned.

    i love Dixie. my ancestors fought for the south, and like most they didnt own or care about owning slaves. it wasnt about slavery for them. it was about states rights and the imbalance of federal funding of infrastructure vs taxes. there were other issues, you know.

    but the KKK hijacked the flag and warped its symbolism. it has become a symbol of hate. although i have every right to proudly wear the flag and display it, i choose not to because i understand the hurt it causes.

    i can be sensitive to others feelings and adjust, why cant they? i dont have to flaunt the bars and stars, why must they flaunt islam?

    every day we make decisons in out personal lives not based on what we CAN do, but what we SHOULD do.

    why cant they?

    we are continually told we must tolerate and be sensitive to "their" feelings and religion.

    why cant they reciprocate?

    do they not see that all they are doing is cementing and fertilizing the hatred many in america have for islam? it is their intolerance that is the problem now.

    the seeds you sow so shall ye reap

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    ^^case closed^^

    Did that rainbow you saw the other day give you a double shot of wisdom?

    BTW, welcome back...
    Last edited by ducknwork; 08-17-2010 at 08:52 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •