The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: In accordance with your understanding of our Constution, should the mosque be built?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, that's the law, like it or not.

3 5.56%
  • No, the Freedom of Religion does not apply, and they should be denied

5 9.26%
  • No, although they are legally correct and have the right to build, it is just too insensitive

46 85.19%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no Mosque at Ground Zero?

My understanding is that Hamas is standing with Obama on this issue!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Since none of the "middle of the road independents" will comment on the thread on this, I will just share it here.

This is a damned good reason NOT to build this Mosque!!!

"It was my pleasure to ride with the Veterans of America Motocycle Club this past weekend.

Awesome bunch of men & women!!

It was my HONOR to have talked with a couple of fine young Marines just back from Iraq.
    Terrific guys, intelligent, well spoken, courteous and respectful.
    Something dramatically missing in so many today.

When the discussion turned to the Mosques it was quite disturbing what they had to share.

In Iraq, the Muslims are dancing in the streets and taunting the US personnel about their VICTORY in building the Mosque in the place where they brought America to it's knees.

They also claim that many of the Muslims beleive they have a Muslim in the Whitehouse.

Has anyone else heard this from any of our returning HERO'S??

These young warriors were stunned that there is no mention of this in the accomplice/press.

Now mind you, I have no links to support this, just the word of 2 MEN who just finished SERVING their country with HONOR and DIGNITY.

I am sure we will find a link from Huffington or a multi paragraph monologue opening with "Actually......blah blah blah...."

I am just sharing what these Marines told us.

In the off chance these men where HONEST about what they encountered, gives pause folks.

I highlighted some important words that some here have NO grasp of!!

RK
    The timeline here just doesn't add up. A reporter in Manhatten said he hadn't even heard of this until last week when the media picked it up. (is this the liberal media, BTW?) How could this news item be street knowledge on the other side of the world two weeks ago? Last weekend, plus travel, I/O processing, etc...at least two weeks ago, been street talk in Iraq? Just seems odd timing I guess.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    The timeline here just doesn't add up. A reporter in Manhatten said he hadn't even heard of this until last week when the media picked it up. (is this the liberal media, BTW?) How could this news item be street knowledge on the other side of the world two weeks ago? Last weekend, plus travel, I/O processing, etc...at least two weeks ago, been street talk in Iraq? Just seems odd timing I guess.
    Like I said, they were shocked that there was no mention of it here.

But who knows, maybe they made it up.
    If a reporter in Manhattan doesn't know about it then...........there is no way it could have started before he found out!!

I bet The Prez and the Mayor didn't know either, it all just popped up last week.

Yeah, your probably right, wait till I see those lieing Marines again!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Odd timing? It has been in the news for well over a month. It has been discussed here on Potus Place for over a month as well: http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ad.php?t=57784
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Like I said, they were shocked that there was no mention of it here.

But who knows, maybe they made it up.
    If a reporter in Manhattan doesn't know about it then...........there is no way it could have started before he found out!!

I bet The Prez and the Mayor didn't know either, it all just popped up last week.

Yeah, your probably right, wait till I see those lieing Marines again!!

RK
    What do the muslim-Americans serving in the Marine Corps say about this?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

What do the muslim-Americans serving in the Marine Corps say about this?
    Don't know any, do you?

In fact, I'll bet if you ask a Marine there are no "designated" Americans.
    If you are a Marine, you are an American.

Any Marines that can help us with this???

Muslim American.....get out a town........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

i dont get it.

when because of societal evolution a phrase or word becomes offensive, we are told we can no longer use it. like the word "fag" - still used in parts of australia and used in a van morrison song, and faggot, originally a bundle of twigs.

and "nigger" - wasnt a bad word when mark twain used it, but it evolved and became so and therefore is no longer acceptable, hack, even "negro" is often frowned upon. you can add "queer" too. add to this how we offend others with prayer, display of the 10 commandments, in public etc etc - while all the while we have "in god we trust" emblazoned in or currency alongside the likenesses of our founding fathers. yet we must keep God out of the schools and other public venues? wouldnt you love to hear the reaction of the founders if they knew this?

we must be sensitive to other peoples feelings. so we bend and bend and adjust, and learn to accept it understand it.

but now here we have a mosque representing a religion that has declared jihad on america planned for the very hallowed site on which their most atrocious act against us was perpetrated.

and drop the crap about muslims dying in the towers also - we all know how these people dont care if they kill 100 of their own people so long as 1 american also dies. they are incapable of comprehending the futility of such actions.

yet WE are the ones that are being insensitive to THEM because we oppose this mosque? WE the majority must yield to the minority and allow them to offend and be insensitive to US, and if we dont, then we are labeled as being intolerant?

wtf?

this pretzel logic proves how insane things have become with the proliferation of extreme "civil liberation".

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    i dont get it.

when because of societal evolution a phrase or word becomes offensive, we are told we can no longer use it. like the word "fag" - still used in parts of australia and used in a van morrison song, and faggot, originally a bundle of twigs.

and "nigger" - wasnt a bad word when mark twain used it, but it evolved and became so and therefore is no longer acceptable, hack, even "negro" is often frowned upon. you can add "queer" too. add to this how we offend others with prayer, display of the 10 commandments, in public etc etc - while all the while we have "in god we trust" emblazoned in or currency alongside the likenesses of our founding fathers. yet we must keep God out of the schools and other public venues? wouldnt you love to hear the reaction of the founders if they knew this?

we must be sensitive to other peoples feelings. so we bend and bend and adjust, and learn to accept it understand it.

but now here we have a mosque representing a religion that has declared jihad on america planned for the very hallowed site on which their most atrocious act against us was perpetrated.

and drop the crap about muslims dying in the towers also - we all know how these people dont care if they kill 100 of their own people so long as 1 american also dies. they are incapable of comprehending the futility of such actions.

yet WE are the ones that are being insensitive to THEM because we oppose this mosque? WE the majority must yield to the minority and allow them to offend and be insensitive to US, and if we dont, then we are labeled as being intolerant?

wtf?

this pretzel logic proves how insane things have become with the proliferation of extreme "civil liberation".
    Dave,
    I feel the same way often times, but I also took an oath to "support and defend the Constitution", and that trumps my personal feelings.

The question is, do you think we have a legal right to block a private organization from constructing a place of worship on their private property?

/off topic

What the hell happened to David...I don't think he has name called once on this thread!
    /on topic

This is one of those cool polls that has no right answer because of how it is worded. The legal answer if of course this can be built. The right answer is that it shouldn't be because of the sensitive area he is trying to do it in. If it was truly about unity and all that he could easily move it to another part of town and this issue would go away but instead of doing that and actually promoting unity the Imam is going to press the issue and create a divide instead. Also if you follow the money behind this project and the imam spearheading it, its very interesting to see who is behind it.

Banned

Dave,
    I feel the same way often times, but I also took an oath to "support and defend the Constitution", and that trumps my personal feelings.

The question is, do you think we have a legal right to block a private organization from constructing a place of worship on their private property?
    are you paying attention? no - that most certainly is NOT the question! we know we dont have the legal right!

i have the right to burn a cross on my property - and no one else has the legal right to stop me. but i wont do it because it is not the right thing to do and is insensitive. (plus i just dont think like that, its an analogy)

earlier i thought you understood this. but the bold quote above shows you are in lock step with your O man. clueless with what main stream america feels.