The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: In accordance with your understanding of our Constution, should the mosque be built?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, that's the law, like it or not.

3 5.56%
  • No, the Freedom of Religion does not apply, and they should be denied

5 9.26%
  • No, although they are legally correct and have the right to build, it is just too insensitive

46 85.19%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no Mosque at Ground Zero?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Well, based on your logic, a large majority of the country has less than half a functioning brain.
    Unfortunately, that has been obvious for quite some time. At least as far as politics go anyway. I must admit I've never understood how very intelligent people, allow themselves to be so easily manipulated by political and media propaganda. But then, prior to the rise of the Nazi's, I believe Germany was the most advanced and educated population on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Unfortunately, that has been obvious for quite some time. At least as far as politics go anyway. I must admit I've never understood how very intelligent people, allow themselves to be so easily manipulated by political and media propaganda. But then, prior to the rise of the Nazi's, I believe Germany was the most advanced and educated population on the planet.
    What is the definition of "NAZI?"

What was the first thing the NAZI's did in their rise to power??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    so what happened when the nazis rose to power? people's brains drained and their IQ plummeted and their technology regressed? did clocks actually run backwards? cars turned into carraiges? all in just a few years time span?

just because they were duped by a smooth-talking charlatan?

as scooby doo would say:

ruh roh, reer in rouble now. resident robama rs roo ruch rike ritler!

how do you keep coming up with this stuff??!!?

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    are you paying attention? no - that most certainly is NOT the question! we know we dont have the legal right!

i have the right to burn a cross on my property - and no one else has the legal right to stop me. but i wont do it because it is not the right thing to do and is insensitive. (plus i just dont think like that, its an analogy)

earlier i thought you understood this. but the bold quote above shows you are in lock step with your O man. clueless with what main stream america feels.
    Easy big guy, no need to get your hackles up. It is NOT clear that many conservatives understand the constitutional right issue here. Not at all.

And Obama, like it or not, is right in step with the majority of Americans when he said legally, they have every right, and as chief executive, who is charged with carrying out and defending the Constitution, he must defend that right.

BTW, it came out today that one of these buildings has BEEN serving as a mosque for quite some time since 9-11, and there are also strip clubs already smearing this "hallowed ground". How do we address those issues?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

RK
    Naomi Wolfe addresses this precisely in her book, "The End of America".
    I highly recommend it.
    I would think it could serve as a manual for the tea party even.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    there are also strip clubs already smearing this "hallowed ground". How do we address those issues?
    Did naked women hijack two planes and kill 3,000 people?

No...Not an issue...

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Did naked women hijack two planes and kill 3,000 people?

No...Not an issue...
    Point taken. I still think they're insensitive, and as such, should be immediately moved to Franklin, Pa. All of the damn things!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Naomi Wolfe addresses this precisely in her book, "The End of America".
    I highly recommend it.
    I would think it could serve as a manual for the tea party even.
    You did not answer the questions and I am not surprised.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

RK
    First thing they did was Get elected...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    so what happened when the nazis rose to power? people's brains drained and their IQ plummeted and their technology regressed? did clocks actually run backwards? cars turned into carraiges? all in just a few years time span?

just because they were duped by a smooth-talking charlatan?

as scooby doo would say:

ruh roh, reer in rouble now. resident robama rs roo ruch rike ritler!

how do you keep coming up with this stuff??!!?
    What is so difficult to understand in the reference? The point David, is that Nazis got elected by duping enough voters, right wingers I might add, in what was at the time a democracy with a highly technically advanced and educated population. They did it first and foremost by separating the population and creating mass hysteria around race and fear. Sound famiiar? It should be. The right wing in America has adopted the same tactics, escalating further and further each year since about 1988. So far they have been extremely successful at duping the American public, or at least a large enough percentage (about 30%) to implement THEIR agenda.