The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Obongo A Muslim?

  1. #41
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Duck,
    I hate to bring up Bush, so I'll apologize before getting slammed, but in this context, how does launching into Iraq sit with the Word of God? Did you have reservations about that one, too? Tens of thousands of people died, and not all were the enemy.
    How does all the calling of "welfare slime" and non-tax paying people sit with Jesus? Did Jesus go around smakin' down the poor for being lazy?

    I'm not saying YOU said that, I know you didn't--but a few others recently have, and it sounded rather un-Christian to me, but didn't say anything. Now that you bring up the Word of God in reference to actions, I'm just wondering how all this fits in?
    Hahahahahaha!!!!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #42
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Hahahahahaha!!!!


    RK
    Thank you for your thoughtful comment, however, I was really asking Duck a question, that was in context of his view of morality. If he wants to call me an a-hole and laugh, fine, but I think he will offer an honest reply. He's like you USED to be, thoughtful, to the point, and a little jabbing now and then in good humor. Come back and join the club...we have a good time.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  3. #43
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Thank you for your thoughtful comment, however, I was really asking Duck a question, that was in context of his view of morality. If he wants to call me an a-hole and laugh, fine, but I think he will offer an honest reply. He's like you USED to be, thoughtful, to the point, and a little jabbing now and then in good humor. Come back and join the club...we have a good time.
    You said "I hate to bring up Bush..." how could anyone NOT laugh at that laughable comment.

    Join the club??


    I got news, you ain't in any club.
    If you only knew.........


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #44
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    You said "I hate to bring up Bush..." how could anyone NOT laugh at that laughable comment.

    Join the club??


    I got news, you ain't in any club.
    If you only knew.........


    RK

    What are you going to do? Air out other people's PMs about me? I've had plenty of people tell me what they think. I say it the way I see it. I don't try to please everyone.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Duck,
    I hate to bring up Bush, so I'll apologize before getting slammed, but in this context, how does launching into Iraq sit with the Word of God? Did you have reservations about that one, too? Tens of thousands of people died, and not all were the enemy.
    How does all the calling of "welfare slime" and non-tax paying people sit with Jesus? Did Jesus go around smakin' down the poor for being lazy?

    I'm not saying YOU said that, I know you didn't--but a few others recently have, and it sounded rather un-Christian to me, but didn't say anything. Now that you bring up the Word of God in reference to actions, I'm just wondering how all this fits in?
    I didn't want to turn this into a Bush vs Obama thing. I never said that Bush was a wonderful Christian. I'm not saying that he's not one either. I even prefaced my post about Obama by saying something about not judging him, just to attempt to prevent this sort of thing.

    I guess I'll try to answer your questions, even though I really don't want to.

    Iraq-Unjust killing is never good. I don't know whether it was just in the eyes of God or not. To be perfectly honest, when the Iraq war started, I was not at the same place in my relationship with God as I am now, so I didn't think about it at the time.

    Slime and non tax payers-I suspect I know who you are referring to by saying that. We are supposed to love everyone and those comments don't sound very loving, but here is the difference--unlike Obama, I have never heard that person publicly proclaim to be a Christian.

    Laziness-The Bible has A LOT to say about laziness. Too much for me to type here, but I can assure you, God is not a fan of the lazy man.

    Your last sentence bothers me. I said none of these things, but I feel like you are expecting me to defend them. Maybe you are trying to find an inconsistency? I don't know, but it does seem like you are asking me to pass judgment on others, and I really don't want to do that.

    The bottom line is that the difference between your examples and what I wrote regarding O is that my main problem with O is the hypocrisy regarding his 'Christianity'. He says he is one, but his actions say differently. The other examples you gave (except Bush) are like apples to oranges because there is no hypocrisy present as the posters don't profess their faith for all to see.

  6. #46
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I didn't want to turn this into a Bush vs Obama thing. I never said that Bush was a wonderful Christian. I'm not saying that he's not one either. I even prefaced my post about Obama by saying something about not judging him, just to attempt to prevent this sort of thing.

    I guess I'll try to answer your questions, even though I really don't want to.

    Iraq-Unjust killing is never good. I don't know whether it was just in the eyes of God or not. To be perfectly honest, when the Iraq war started, I was not at the same place in my relationship with God as I am now, so I didn't think about it at the time.

    Slime and non tax payers-I suspect I know who you are referring to by saying that. We are supposed to love everyone and those comments don't sound very loving, but here is the difference--unlike Obama, I have never heard that person publicly proclaim to be a Christian.

    Laziness-The Bible has A LOT to say about laziness. Too much for me to type here, but I can assure you, God is not a fan of the lazy man.

    Your last sentence bothers me. I said none of these things, but I feel like you are expecting me to defend them. Maybe you are trying to find an inconsistency? I don't know, but it does seem like you are asking me to pass judgment on others, and I really don't want to do that.

    The bottom line is that the difference between your examples and what I wrote regarding O is that my main problem with O is the hypocrisy regarding his 'Christianity'. He says he is one, but his actions say differently. The other examples you gave (except Bush) are like apples to oranges because there is no hypocrisy present as the posters don't profess their faith for all to see.
    Sorry Duck, didn't mean to induce carpal tunnel like that!
    I didn't mean to imply you defend those positions as you commmented. And in addition to bringing up Bush for RK's entertainment, the reason I do so is because we are poised to potentially return Congress to republican hands, and lest we forget, I'd like to understand how we reconcile much of the gripes about Obama's policies with what we will be returning to. You are one of a handful of right-leaning posters will engage in adult dialogue, without the name calling and insults.

    We better figure something out soon. I think we're on a better trajectory than we were before, but that's not comforting or sustainable, as its still not a good one. I'm sure many, including you, will disagree with that, but we can all probably agree that we need something better than what we've had for the past 10 years.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    We better figure something out soon. I think we're on a better trajectory than we were before, but that's not comforting or sustainable, as its still not a good one. I'm sure many, including you, will disagree with that, but we can all probably agree that we need something better than what we've had for the past 10 years.
    I'll even say 18 years, because I care about things other than the state of the economy as well.

  8. #48
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I think we're on a better trajectory than we were before, but that's not comforting or sustainable, as its still not a good one. I'm sure many, including you, will disagree with that, but we can all probably agree that we need something better than what we've had for the past 10 years.
    Are you serious?

    What good is happening in the economy?
    Wait till you read the economic news today.



    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #49
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Are you serious?

    What good is happening in the economy?
    Wait till you read the economic news today.



    RK
    You may be right. I hope you're wrong.
    We were very close to a total financial collapse. I'm not saying things are peachy, but we're not on the edge looking into the abyss right now. (I hope)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #50
    Senior Member troy schwab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    897

    Default

    DNF,
    We are much closer to that abyss than most people will admit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •