The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obongo A Muslim?

Banned

i am technically an atheist, but not a political atheist like yardley. i just choose to believe the more scientific origins based on my geological and science studies through undergrad and grad school coupled with my readings of current science journals etc.. i call myself a christian because that was how i was raised and how my family around me believes, and in some social circles they automatically pen me with the yardley types and its just not worth getting into the details in most social situations. i do display a "darwin fish" on my truck, so no one can claim i hide my beliefs.

similar with obama. i think he is technically a muslim but knows he has to hide it if he is going to succeed and be accepted by mainstream america. he has known this all along. he has been following his grand plan, from "community organizer" to present.

so he attended rev wrights church, got married in the church, etc etc. that doesnt make him a christian anymore that sitting in your garage all day makes you a buick.

Banned

A new poll from the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life indicates that the number of Americans who erroneously believe President Obama is a Muslim is growing.
    In March 2009, the percentage was 11 percent. Today, it's 18 percent.

The poll indicates that groups who have shown the most willingness to believe the wrong assertion that the president is a Muslim include conservative Republicans -- 34% of whom believe the president is Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    i am technically an atheist, but not a political atheist like yardley. ....
    I'm have trouble understanding how I became the "political" atheist.

I actually mention my atheism here only because it is a question that has been posed to me directly on several occasions. I have almost never mentioned it elsewhere and would never think of placing a Darwin fish on my car any more than any other political advertisement. I have never even vaguely thought of trying to "convert" someone to my way of thought on religion. Who is to say what happened in the fraction of a millisecond preceding the "big bang" (recognizing that even creation by a deity could be considered a big bang). We know nothing about the before and loads about the after. However, everything we know about the time and the process that followed the big bang could conceivably have been part of the design of a deity. While I don't believe that to be true, there is no science that could discern one "theory" from the "other". I simply marvel at what has been created and the extraordinary rules that appear to hold it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    According to the latest Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life reveals that nearly 1 in 5 Americans believe Obongo's a muslim. Of those polled, 18% of Americans believe he's a muslim. 34% believe he's a Christian and 43% are uncertain of his religion. Interesting results for an American President.
    How many fall into the category, "Don't really give a rat's a$$, so long as he keeps us safe, improves the economy, and otherwise stays out of our business!"

Polls like that are about as useful as tits on a bull.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Sorry dnf the economy just took another hit a unemployment figures just released today report unemployment leaped to 500,000. Try another one.

Polls indicate how the American public views the Kenyan clown.

Banned

well, if you aren't a degreed scientist and are an athiest based on your extreme leftist views, then thats a political athiest. pretty much fits you i think. the darwin fish is an expression of my interest in the science of evolution, my readings of stephen j goulds incredibly insightful and intelligent interpretations of the natural world around us as applied, compared and contrasted with darwinian theory, and reading "On the Origin of Species" myself. therefore i do feel entitled to express my beliefs and their basis with pride and from a very educated viewpoint that i love to defend in debate. ergo i love my darwin fish.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I'm have trouble understanding how I became the "political" atheist.

I actually mention my atheism here only because it is a question that has been posed to me directly on several occasions. I have almost never mentioned it elsewhere and would never think of placing a Darwin fish on my car any more than any other political advertisement. I have never even vaguely thought of trying to "convert" someone to my way of thought on religion. Who is to say what happened in the fraction of a millisecond preceding the "big bang" (recognizing that even creation by a deity could be considered a big bang). We know nothing about the before and loads about the after. However, everything we know about the time and the process that followed the big bang could conceivably have been part of the design of a deity. While I don't believe that to be true, there is no science that could discern one "theory" from the "other". I simply marvel at what has been created and the extraordinary rules that appear to hold it all together.
    Last edited by david gibson; 08-19-2010 at 01:50 PM.

According to the latest Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life reveals that nearly 1 in 5 Americans believe Obongo's a muslim. Of those polled, 18% of Americans believe he's a muslim. 34% believe he's a Christian and 43% are uncertain of his religion. Interesting results for an American President.
    so what do the other 5% believe? 18 + 34+ 43= 95 LOL! SOME POLL!

they better re-name it the "phew! " foundation as in "phew, something stinks around here!"-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Banned

It shouldn't surprise you. Last time I checked a very healthy percentage of Americans believe that Iraq possessed WMD prior to the US invasion, and that Sadaan Hussein was responsible for 911. Further investigation of the statistics reveals that people who get their information from Fox networks where in the great majority of those who were wrong on these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    It shouldn't surprise you. Last time I checked a very healthy percentage of Americans believe that Iraq possessed WMD prior to the US invasion, and that Sadaan Hussein was responsible for 911. Further investigation of the statistics reveals that people who get their information from Fox networks where in the great majority of those who were wrong on these issues.
    I believe the term is "low-information voters".
    Scary to think there's enough of them out there to influence elections.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!