The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Obongo A Muslim?

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    That's funny, How do I know your not a terrorist? Maybe someone made up some shit about you and told me you are. Of course I could just assume what I was told is true or I could maybe look into it with an open mind determine what the facts are and base my decision on that. And if he is a Muslim, again which he is not, what's the big frigging deal, unless of course you believe that all Muslims are terrorists and plan Jihad against the US.

If it was on Wikileaks or the Daily Show, then maybe we could beleive it........otherwise.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I'm amused that you guys are still throwing the exact same sand, in the exact same sandbox. Seems like a carbon copy of the last time I checked in on this!

Hey, quick request:

Knock off the use of the "4-letter" words that aren't acceptable on network TV please. OK?

Thanks and don't forget to train the dogs!

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    I'm amused that you guys are still throwing the exact same sand, in the exact same sandbox. Seems like a carbon copy of the last time I checked in on this!

Hey, quick request:

Knock off the use of the "4-letter" words that aren't acceptable on network TV please. OK?

Chris
    Chris,
    I started training again last night.

I quit because the mosquito's were so bad I couldn't take it.
    Same with my golf league.

Maybe they will lighten up now that it is dryer and cooler.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Chris,
    I started training again last night.

I quit because the mosquito's were so bad I couldn't take it.
    Same with my golf league.

Maybe they will lighten up now that it is dryer and cooler.

RK
    RK, a buddy of mine met you in person and told me you are a good dude. You are now a buddy of mine and I look forward to the day our paths cross in person.

I'm also just getting back into it a bit more seriously. We did lots of water blinds - tuneups and whatnot over the summer and fell way off on marking training due to heat/humidity. We're now entered in a couple weekend events, so we better get polished up.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

If Obama was a "real" Muslim, don't you think that somewhere/somehow that we would have heard about his prayer rug and the 5 times a day interruption of business ? Do you really believe there's that much of a conspiracy?
    I think, if you really have to ask, the better question is "Is PBO a true Christian? "

From Christianity Today http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...0.html?start=2
    "I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life."

But he has also said
    “I’m rooted in the Christian tradition. I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people. That there are values that transcend race or culture, that move us forward, and there’s an obligation for all of us individually as well as collectively to take responsibility to make those values lived.”
    Source: Chicago Sun Times

Fwiw, I think a "true" Christian would have said "that faith gives me the path" and could not have said the second if he truly believes the Gospel.
    As well as other examples of hiding his faith 'under a bushel basket" so to speak, which in effect denies his Savior.

Jmtc, I think his "belief system" is some conglomeration of various influences that he's been exposed to over his life, which is fine & nomb except that when, as President of the US, he represents himself as one thing to pander for a vote or support but doesn't carry through.
    When he tries to be all things to all people, he ends up being nothing.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post

Hey, quick request:

Chris
    not usually my style to use profanity but I apologize for the misstep

Banned

America the Ignorant

Silly Things We Believe About Witches, Obama and More

Previous Image Next Image

Brendan Smialowski / Getty Images

Chances are that by now you've heard about the August 19, 2010 Pew poll that found that nearly one fifth of Americans (mistakenly) believe that President Obama is a Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I think, if you really have to ask, the better question is "Is PBO a true Christian? "
    I don't mean to judge anyone, but his stance on certain issues of morality are not consistent with the true Word of God. Like many people in America who call themselves Christians, I think O's 'Christianity' is more lip service than the way of life that we, as Christians, are called to lead.

No, I am not perfect and don't mean to imply such. We all screw up at some point, probably daily. But to stand for some of the things that he does that are completely contradictory to what God tells us is right is not very Christian. When we know that we have done something that goes against God, we are supposed to refrain from that activity and ask for forgiveness. If you continue to stand for something you KNOW is wrong in the eyes of God, it becomes quite obvious how seriously you take your faith in Him.
    Last edited by ducknwork; 08-25-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    If Obama was a "real" Muslim, don't you think that somewhere/somehow that we would have heard about his prayer rug and the 5 times a day interruption of business ? Do you really believe there's that much of a conspiracy?

From Christianity Today http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...0.html?start=2
    "I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life."

But he has also said
    “I’m rooted in the Christian tradition. I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people. That there are values that transcend race or culture, that move us forward, and there’s an obligation for all of us individually as well as collectively to take responsibility to make those values lived.”
    Source: Chicago Sun Times

Fwiw, I think a "true" Christian would have said "that faith gives me the path" and could not have said the second if he truly believes the Gospel.
    As well as other examples of hiding his faith 'under a bushel basket" so to speak, which in effect denies his Savior.

Jmtc, I think his "belief system" is some conglomeration of various influences that he's been exposed to over his life, which is fine & nomb except that when, as President of the US, he represents himself as one thing to pander for a vote or support but doesn't carry through.
    When he tries to be all things to all people, he ends up being nothing.

if we apply Keith's definition, there are extremely few real Christians. not many would pass that standard.

Gman is way off base, i believe. it's not that they don't know what religion he adheres to, it's that they don't care. well, maybe Gman cares.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I don't mean to judge anyone, but his stance on certain issues of morality are not consistent with the true Word of God. Like many people in America who call themselves Christians, I think O's 'Christianity' is more lip service than the way of life that we, as Christians, are called to lead.

No, I am not perfect and don't mean to imply such. We all screw up at some point, probably daily. But to stand for some of the things that he does that are completely contradictory to what God tells us is right is not very Christian. When we know that we have done something that goes against God, we are supposed to refrain from that activity and ask for forgiveness. If you continue to stand for something you KNOW is wrong in the eyes of God, it becomes quite obvious how seriously you take your faith in Him.

Duck,
    I hate to bring up Bush, so I'll apologize before getting slammed, but in this context, how does launching into Iraq sit with the Word of God? Did you have reservations about that one, too? Tens of thousands of people died, and not all were the enemy.
    How does all the calling of "welfare slime" and non-tax paying people sit with Jesus? Did Jesus go around smakin' down the poor for being lazy?

I'm not saying YOU said that, I know you didn't--but a few others recently have, and it sounded rather un-Christian to me, but didn't say anything. Now that you bring up the Word of God in reference to actions, I'm just wondering how all this fits in?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!