The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most Trusted Name in News?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Oh, I see. This is what makes FOX a credible news source.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...to-republicans
    Is this where you get most of your news??

The COMEDY CHANNEL????

Says a lot!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Is this where you get most of your news??

The COMEDY CHANNEL????

Says a lot!!

RK
    Yes, I believe it says a lot that I need to tune into Comedy Central to get stories like these.

I see yesterday they finally linked to a WSJ story on the topic on the FOX website. Will you believe the WSJ?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/18...s-association/

I see they try and shine the most favorable light on it possible.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

None of those organizations is a news conglomerate claiming to be an unbiased source of information.
    So that's OK, IYM. But I stopped watching O'Reilly several years back (after watching for about 6 months) as I got sick of listening to Charley Rangel (Captain Honesty) & Bob Reich (a business hater) being allowed to spout their views. They were regulars on his program.

Next, you'll be saying Leno is a rightie for having Dennis Miller as a guest more than once .

IMO, all news outlets are too liberal . The only reason Fox News is considered less so is that they are somewhat more fair & balanced . Have you ever watched Brian Williams wince when one of his favorites is going down in flames?
    Last edited by Marvin S; 08-19-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I watch Fox News for the hotttttt women....I get my news on line....if I want fair and balanced , I turn on POTUS Place and realize the TRUTH is somewhere in the middle of all the crap
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I watch Fox News for the hotttttt women....I get my news on line....if I want fair and balanced , I turn on POTUS Place and realize the TRUTH is somewhere in the middle of all the crap

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    and soros and media matters are just fine by you........
    Media Matters was started by conservatives and simply provides accurate information when a news source gets a story wrong. That fact that Fox News is so high on their radar is just an indicator of the biased reporting that occurs at Fox.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Media Matters was started by conservatives and simply provides accurate information when a news source gets a story wrong. That fact that Fox News is so high on their radar is just an indicator of the biased reporting that occurs at Fox.
    do you always hit the bottle before the weekend?

from wiki: (i know, not rock solid fact 100% but you show me where they are wrong)

"Media Matters for America (or MMfA) is a media watchdog group organized as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Founded in 2004 by journalist and author David Brock, Media Matters describes itself as "a web-based, not-for-profit, progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media."

David Brock switched from conservative journalist to liberal journalist attacking conservatives several years before founding media matters. you may say that media matters was founded by a former conservative, but thats it. he was a converted liberal when he founded the group.
    Last edited by david gibson; 08-19-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    do you always hit the bottle before the weekend?

from wiki: (i know, not rock solid fact 100% but you show me where they are wrong)

"Media Matters for America (or MMfA) is a media watchdog group organized as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Founded in 2004 by journalist and author David Brock, Media Matters describes itself as "a web-based, not-for-profit, progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media."

David Brock switched from conservative journalist to liberal journalist attacking conservatives several years before founding media matters. you may say that media matters was founded by a former conservative, but thats it. he was a converted liberal when he founded the group.

Holy Moly...that's far too many syllables for that Dip-dawg to digest. And furthermore, what in the world makes you think he wants to be correct...if it doesn't gore his ox, like most lefties, it's good to go for them.

And then there's that symbol of independancy...good old DNF, that thinks dudes like Stephanopolis on ABC just joined that august news team by coming up through the ranks of journalism school. How enlightening.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Are those news networks/conglomerates claiming to be unbiased?
    So, your saying Ted Turner from CNN is unbiased. All companies and every individual have a bias.

NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, I could go on and on, are all left wing hacks. So what? The right has talk radio and right leaning Fox. Big deal, a cable news outlet with a small overall share.

But then again you folks won't be happy until there is not one desenting voice.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    So you're OK with SEIU, NEA & every other public employees union giving to the D's as that doesn't buy influence .
    SEC, NEA $ every other public employees unions do not operate under the Pretense of unbiased reporting of information to American Citizens. Fox does. For a member of the 4th estate to behave as Fox does not only a travesty of our Democratic Republic, it is extremely dangerous. As is now evidence by the millions of American's that are completely min-informed and confused on major issues of our time.

For American citizens to allow themselves to be duped by this foreign owned corporation is at the least, a very strong signal of danger to our Republic.