The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Trusted Name in News?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Are those news networks/conglomerates claiming to be unbiased?
    studies by UCLA (hardly in the tank with fox or republicans) have shown that even though Fox is indeed biased, it is measurably less biased than the MSM. so if Fox is 7 points right of center and all the rest of the MSM is 12 points to the left, Fox gets the little red star on their homework paper.

even if you dont want to believe that, you certainly cannot claim Fox is more biased to the right than the MSM and all the rest (CNN etc) is to the left. so what are you crying about? because they as only one outlet get more attention and have more influence than your side? alone they trounce all other cable outlets into oblivion? conservative radio dominates the airwaves?

and speaking of airwaves, i heard some airhead on air america (subbing for schultz) bring up the topic about all the oil disappearing in the gulf. her explanation?? the fish are eating it all! NOT that it is dissolving and eventually climbing up the food chain from plankton to shark, but that fish are actually consuming it in its liquid phase. puhleeeze.

with idiocy like that its no wonder no one wants anything to do with liberal radio.

so boo-hoo.....get over it already. this is as bad as bringing up bush in every thread.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    When you have political candidates as paid contributors, that itself calls into question your "fair and balanced" status. Especially when they all belong to the same party.

This is not purely a republican phenomenon, but Fox has certainly set the bar much higher.
    oh i get it now, this is why you guys are so bent out of shape over this. you just cant stand the fact that Fox is beating you at your own game. it was all just fine when the left had a monopoly on bias in the news.

stealing 2 cookies out of the cookie jar each day for a year does not give you the right to go crying to mommy when your brother catches on and steals 3 one day. that makes you look like - well, a crybaby.

oh wait, thats what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    What's sad is the number of americans that believe and watch the Dailyshow & comedy central for their news sources.

Anyone who takes any news source & story at face value without doing your own research and going through your thinking process is just plain lazy.
    Actually I heard the story elsewhere first. What I find interesting is that this story has yet to hit the airwaves over at FOX.

OK, maybe I'm not surprised.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi...on_to_RGA.html

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/...can-governors/

Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. Gives GOP Governors Association $1 Million

For anybody still harboring the belief that the Tea Party movement is a grassroots insurgency, you may want to look at where two of the movement’s biggest backers are throwing their cash. Politico’s Ben Smith reports that News Corporation, the parent company of Fox News and the Wall Street Journal, and David Koch, the oil magnate who chairs the board of the Americans for Prosperity Foundation (the Koch-funded astroturf powerhouse behind a lot of Tea Party organizing), each threw a cool $1 million at the Republican Governors Association — hardly a rogue operation, and very much a part of the Republican establishment.

A certain amount of the credit for the take goes to Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, the RGA’s chairman, who has proven to be quite deft at straddling the line between the Tea Party movement and the regular G.O.P. (Barbour is the former chairman of the Republican National Committee.)

Barbour has been vociferous both in defense of Tea Partiers and in opposition to President Obama’s moratorium on deep-water oil-drilling in the Gulf of Mexico following the environmental disaster that followed the explosion of BP’s Deepwater Horizon oil rig. Both Koch, the executive vice president of Koch Industries, and Rupert Murdoch, CEO of News Corp., share an agenda for the deregulation of virtually all industry, and both have been instrumental in rallying the ground troops of the Tea Party movement to their cause.

Here’s how News Corp. spokesperson Jack Horner explained the company’s support for the RGA to Smith:

News Corporation believes in the power of free markets, and the RGA’s pro-business agenda supports our priorities at this most critical time for our economy.

In related news, the Americans for Prosperity Foundation has made a $4.1 million ad buy in 11 states focusing on “free market” issues in the mid-term elections, according to Mike Memoli and Tom Hamburger of the Los Angeles Times. Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, calls it “he biggest ad buy I am aware of this summer.”

The takeaway: Whether it takes the form of a purported anti-government insurgency, or a vestige of the political establishment, any organization that promotes the economic hegemony of large corporations will be richly rewarded.
    What is really quite hilarious is the fact that Comedy Central is a better source of news than FOX.

One thing you have to give credit to FOX on is their ability to drive the narrative throughout the entire news media. More on that later...
    Last edited by Buzz; 08-19-2010 at 02:32 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    studies by UCLA
    Linky???????
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Banned

Linky???????
    i have seen it and read it, no need to prove anything to you. google yourself.

Just wondering.

How do conservatives feel about foreign money flowing into American Politics?

Just wondering.

How do conservatives feel about foreign money flowing into American Politics?
    do you mean all the money Clinton too from China?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    do you mean all the money Clinton too from China?
    Which is worse? Liberals bringing up Bush, or conservatives bringing up Clinton?

I never did vote for Clinton by the way. I don't feel any obligation to defend him.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    oh i get it now, this is why you guys are so bent out of shape over this. you just cant stand the fact that Fox is beating you at your own game. it was all just fine when the left had a monopoly on bias in the news.
    stealing 2 cookies out of the cookie jar each day for a year does not give you the right to go crying to mommy when your brother catches on and steals 3 one day. that makes you look like - well, a crybaby.

oh wait, thats what you are doing.
    Nice slant Dave.
    I was just trying to be "fair and balanced", and get attacked for it!
    I guess that's something you guys aren't used to.

You have yet to show an equal contribution from an unbiased news source to a democrat.

I don't expect anything soon!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Linky???????
    didn't read them but here are the links

http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/polisci/f...dia.Bias.8.htm

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla...UCLA-6664.aspx