The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: New Jobless Claims Leap To 500.000.

  1. #1
    Senior Member gman0046's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, FL
    Posts
    994

    Default New Jobless Claims Leap To 500.000.

    New applications for unemployment insurance reached the half a million mark last week for the first time since last November. A sign employers are cutting jobs again as the economy slows.

    So much for Obongo's stimulus plan and all the jobs he was going to create. What a FRAUD he is.

  2. #2
    Senior Member hotel4dogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SW of Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    I suspect a lot of small businesses are afraid to hire right now....not knowing what we're going to get hit with next from his obamaness.

    Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    New applications for unemployment insurance reached the half a million mark last week for the first time since last November. A sign employers are cutting jobs again as the economy slows.

    So much for Obongo's stimulus plan and all the jobs he was going to create. What a FRAUD he is.
    So what would YOU do to fix the economy?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  4. #4
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    So what would YOU do to fix the economy?
    Deregulate small business credit a bit so the small businesses can borrow against AR.

    That is how many small businesses run and have run for years.
    They meet payroll etc borrowing against Accounts Receivable.
    Banks now assume 70% of AR will be 90 days out.
    Therefore they won't loan against it.
    Therefore I have to cut payroll.

    Therefore 2 people lost their jobs.


    I highly doubt any of you progressives (independent middle of the roaders) will have a clue what I am talking about.....or you will argue the merits of borrowing against AR's.

    But I have done it and still do it.

    But not only did those 2 lose their jobs, we won't be buying a new peice of equipment we were considering.

    A job that won't get created.

    So......the guys that sell the new equipment don't get the sale
    They guys the make the equipment don't make it
    The guys thqat stock the vending machines at our place and the equipment makers place don't stock the vending machines because there is no one buying their products.
    The guy that services the vending machine companies truck doesn't service them because they are not running as much.
    They guy that sells them the tires for the truck doesn't sell them tire well, becuase they don't need tires because the truck is sitting.
    The guys that grow the rubber for the tires didn't make the sale of raw materials because the tire company isn't making and selling tires.

    And there are a dozen other strings of this scenario.
    See, not every one gets sustenance from the Gov't. NIPPLE!!
    Some people work, work hard and are proud of their hard work.
    And actually creating something.
    Now, they can't.

    Now......the guys who lost their original jobs won't be getting the new appliances this year, you see, they are unemployed and scared to death by what is happening.
    Obama's magic fife no longer is leading the children, they are truly scared.
    They are seeing him for what he is.

    I see NO light at the end of this tunnel as to when we can recall them.

    Put that in your BONGS and smoke it!!

    It's not a joke and it's not funny.
    And that is only 1 small peice.


    Or....we can sit back and wait for Obama to fix it all up for us!!!!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #5
    Senior Member Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    McKinney, Texas
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    So what would YOU do to fix the economy?
    I'd probably just take a vacation to Martha's Vineyard and maybe play some golf and work on my swing.

    We live in Cuba now.

  6. #6
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    I know very well what AR is. And since Bush's economic policies took effect, my AR has grown substantially! And not because I'm billing more.

    I was not aware that Obama put in place a regulation prohibiting borrowing against AR. Silly me just thought the banks that we bailed out took that money and re-invested it to make themselves profit, instead of loaning it to SBs, which is slightly more risky right now. Since I no longer run my own business, I haven't been keeping such a keen eye on policies that affect SB, but seems I recall Obama talking about policies to encourage banks to loan their money to SB instead of hoarding it. That would be goobermint interference though, and we don't want that.

    I do not have a bong to put anything into and smoke. Perhaps you could loan me one of yours?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  7. #7
    Senior Member gman0046's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, FL
    Posts
    994

    Default

    dnf the first thing you need to accept is Obongolo's a FRAUD. His stimulus plan and uncontrolled spending has plunged this country into debt for years to come. The unemployment rate has risen steadily since he took office with no end in sight. It's now at the highest level since the Great Depression. The facts speak for themselves. Too bad Dem's can't accept it, the stimulus plan has failed.

  8. #8
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I'd probably just take a vacation to Martha's Vineyard and maybe play some golf and work on my swing.

    We live in Cuba now.
    I hear ya. I didn't like it when Bush took excessive vacation time, and I don't like it now either. (wow, consistency!) Not when so many Americans are suffering without work and losing everything. Seems like the right thing to do would be to scale it back a little.

    But like George Carlin said (courtesy Buzz's link):

    Its a big club......and you ain't in it!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  9. #9
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I know very well what AR is. And since Bush's economic policies took effect, my AR has grown substantially! And not because I'm billing more.

    I was not aware that Obama put in place a regulation prohibiting borrowing against AR. Silly me just thought the banks that we bailed out took that money and re-invested it to make themselves profit, instead of loaning it to SBs, which is slightly more risky right now. Since I no longer run my own business, I haven't been keeping such a keen eye on policies that affect SB, but seems I recall Obama talking about policies to encourage banks to loan their money to SB instead of hoarding it. That would be goobermint interference though, and we don't want that.

    I do not have a bong to put anything into and smoke. Perhaps you could loan me one of yours?
    This is why I have an issue with you on a personal level now.

    You asked what I would do to kick start the economy.
    I told you.
    Then you say I said Obama put a hold on borrowing against AR's.
    (reread the post, can't find that)

    And you wonder why people are all over you.

    Ridiculus to try to converse with you.

    I don't have a bong, but how original.
    Stop stealing my lines, try to be original and if you can't, pay closer attention at recess to what the big kids talk about.
    Or pay closer attention when you and Buzz watch the Comedy Channel.



    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Deregulate small business credit a bit so the small businesses can borrow against AR.

    That is how many small businesses run and have run for years.
    They meet payroll etc borrowing against Accounts Receivable.
    Banks now assume 70% of AR will be 90 days out.
    Therefore they won't loan against it.
    Therefore I have to cut payroll.

    Therefore 2 people lost their jobs.


    I highly doubt any of you progressives (independent middle of the roaders) will have a clue what I am talking about.....or you will argue the merits of borrowing against AR's.

    But I have done it and still do it.

    But not only did those 2 lose their jobs, we won't be buying a new peice of equipment we were considering.

    A job that won't get created.

    So......the guys that sell the new equipment don't get the sale
    They guys the make the equipment don't make it
    The guys thqat stock the vending machines at our place and the equipment makers place don't stock the vending machines because there is no one buying their products.
    The guy that services the vending machine companies truck doesn't service them because they are not running as much.
    They guy that sells them the tires for the truck doesn't sell them tire well, becuase they don't need tires because the truck is sitting.
    The guys that grow the rubber for the tires didn't make the sale of raw materials because the tire company isn't making and selling tires.

    And there are a dozen other strings of this scenario.
    See, not every one gets sustenance from the Gov't. NIPPLE!!
    Some people work, work hard and are proud of their hard work.
    And actually creating something.
    Now, they can't.

    Now......the guys who lost their original jobs won't be getting the new appliances this year, you see, they are unemployed and scared to death by what is happening.
    Obama's magic fife no longer is leading the children, they are truly scared.
    They are seeing him for what he is.

    I see NO light at the end of this tunnel as to when we can recall them.

    Put that in your BONGS and smoke it!!

    It's not a joke and it's not funny.
    And that is only 1 small peice.


    Or....we can sit back and wait for Obama to fix it all up for us!!!!


    RK
    Good Post! Just hope a few have a rudimentary understanding of AR.

    The other night I was at a committee meeting for our City Council. Few people attend these unless they want something so I am generally the lone participant. But our 7 member City Council is made up of 5 people from the public sector & a couple of people who have not been in charge of much .

    The city has a water right from a significant fish bearing stream that they have been overdrawing since the 1st day back in the late 1800's. Recently there was a court action that said you need to follow the law which stated simply "Do not draw more water than you can beneficially use".

    There have been 2 failed attempts at doing something costing close to $75K. Now they want to do something that is more stupid than the previous two attempts & more costly! I suggested they have someone from a private concern or two that specialize in water control look at the problem & suggest a solution.

    One of the council members, a former high level administrator at the local institution for the challenged, asked how much that would cost. I stated nothing, they look for work in the private sector & don't normally take money for something they can't fix. She could not believe that.

    Now, if you don't like the way the government is run - don't elect people who are from the public sector, they started the problem & didn't fix it. They do not have a clue on problem solving & as you can see, the concept of having someone look at something for ideas prior to solicitting bids is also foreign to them.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •