The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: New Jobless Claims Leap To 500.000.

  1. #21
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    You should type more than one sentence more often.
    +1
    RK gave a real response to the question, not one filled with political bs, yet the liberals can't acknowledge a real life example.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  2. #22
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,784

    Default

    Interesting.

    Dave pm'd me telling me that you conservatives were telling him how worried you are about me because of my posting habits changing.

    Based on these responses Dave made that up.
    Maybe the side of his head is just gtting sore!!!! (~%
    Thanx fellars!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Cash on hand is not an issue for small business or large business. The problem is a lack of buyers. Nobody wants to expand business while facing a lack of demand. Lack of demand is is a direct result of the successful Republican led assault on the middle class consumer starting with Reagan and moving right to the present. You want to stimulate the American economy, bring back jobs. Demand comes before supply. That's a simple fact of economics.
    The biggest cause of job loss in America is our international trade policies. What is needed mediately is to utilize tariffs and tax policy to give business incentive to build what is purchased by American's in America.
    The lesson of the last 20 years is that what is good for Wall Street is NOT necessarily good for America.
    Didn't Reagan create over 20million jobs AND have wages increase while being the only recent president not to raise minimum wage? He was before my time so just looking for a history lesson~

  4. #24
    Senior Member Hoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    This is why I have an issue with you on a personal level now.

    You asked what I would do to kick start the economy.
    I told you.
    Then you say I said Obama put a hold on borrowing against AR's.
    (reread the post, can't find that)

    And you wonder why people are all over you.

    Ridiculus to try to converse with you.

    I don't have a bong, but how original.
    Stop stealing my lines, try to be original and if you can't, pay closer attention at recess to what the big kids talk about.
    Or pay closer attention when you and Buzz watch the Comedy Channel.



    RK
    you hit it on the head.

  5. #25
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Interesting.

    Dave pm'd me telling me that you conservatives were telling him how worried you are about me because of my posting habits changing.

    Based on these responses Dave made that up.
    Maybe the side of his head is just gtting sore!!!! (~%
    Thanx fellars!


    RK
    I was happy to see you put up a real post. What I didn't understand in your post is what regulations limit receivable financing? I will admit that in all my years of business I never used receivable financing (or any other borrowing) for my business simply because of my own conservatism. If I could not afford to finance the receivable associated with new work myself, I didn't take on the work. The fact that I was in an industry where bills were routinely paid 90-120 days late was one of the reasons for my decision. However, I was clearly in a minority. Traditionally, banks have been willing to finance 75% of the value of receivables under 90 days, while the SBA finances 50% of receivables under 90 days. The types of documentation needed on the quality of receivables has varied depending on source.

    Did something change in Federal regulation, or did lenders become more conservative because of loan losses that they have experienced?

    The administration has had two bills pending for months to try to expand loans available to small businesses: H.R. 5297 (Small Business Lending Fund Act of 2010) and H.R. 5486 (Small Business Jobs Tax Relief Act of 2010). Both have passed the House and are awaiting action in the Senate but are currently blocked by an absence of Republican support.

  6. #26
    Senior Member troy schwab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    897

    Default

    GOP amendments included measures to beef up border security, impose a government spending cap and lower the estate tax, which is scheduled to return next year with a top rate of 55 percent on estates larger than $1 million.

    One Republican amendment would repeal a new tax reporting requirement for businesses that was included in the massive health care overhaul enacted last spring.

    Democrats, meanwhile, have added about $1.5 billion in disaster relief for farmers who lost crops in 2009, a measure sponsored by Sen. Blanche Lincoln, D-Ark.

    Democrats also want to add an amendment to settle long-running class-action lawsuits brought by black farmers and American Indians.

    One lawsuit concerned the government's management and accounting of more than 300,000 trust accounts of American Indians. The other is a discrimination lawsuit brought by black farmers against the Agriculture Department. The cost of settling them both: about $4.6 billion.

    The small business tax cuts in the bill include breaks for restaurant owners and retailers who remodel their stores or build new ones. Other businesses could more quickly recover the costs of capital improvements through depreciation. Long-term investors in some small businesses would be exempt from paying capital gains taxes.

    Much of the bill would be paid for by allowing taxpayers to convert 401(k) and government retirement accounts into Roth accounts, in which they pay taxes up front on the money they contribute, enabling them to withdraw it tax-free after they retire. Taxpayers who convert accounts this year would pay the taxes in 2011 and 2012, generating an estimated $5.1 billion.

    This excerpt was taken from an online articel

    Doesnt sound too unreasonable to me.......... They want something done with our borders...... can you blame them. Obama is just throwing money at another issue. They are likening this to the bank bailout. The are extending the banks abilities, not small business owners. SUPPOSEDLY..... it will make more funds available to small business owners........ IF THE BANKS WILL LEND. Go try and get a small business loan right now........ ROFL........ Just helpin the banks out, thats all Obama does........

  7. #27
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    GOP amendments included measures to beef up border security, impose a government spending cap and lower the estate tax, which is scheduled to return next year with a top rate of 55 percent on estates larger than $1 million.

    One Republican amendment would repeal a new tax reporting requirement for businesses that was included in the massive health care overhaul enacted last spring.

    Democrats, meanwhile, have added about $1.5 billion in disaster relief for farmers who lost crops in 2009, a measure sponsored by Sen. Blanche Lincoln, D-Ark.

    Democrats also want to add an amendment to settle long-running class-action lawsuits brought by black farmers and American Indians.

    One lawsuit concerned the government's management and accounting of more than 300,000 trust accounts of American Indians. The other is a discrimination lawsuit brought by black farmers against the Agriculture Department. The cost of settling them both: about $4.6 billion.

    The small business tax cuts in the bill include breaks for restaurant owners and retailers who remodel their stores or build new ones. Other businesses could more quickly recover the costs of capital improvements through depreciation. Long-term investors in some small businesses would be exempt from paying capital gains taxes.

    Much of the bill would be paid for by allowing taxpayers to convert 401(k) and government retirement accounts into Roth accounts, in which they pay taxes up front on the money they contribute, enabling them to withdraw it tax-free after they retire. Taxpayers who convert accounts this year would pay the taxes in 2011 and 2012, generating an estimated $5.1 billion.

    This excerpt was taken from an online articel

    Doesnt sound too unreasonable to me.......... They want something done with our borders...... can you blame them. Obama is just throwing money at another issue. They are likening this to the bank bailout. The are extending the banks abilities, not small business owners. SUPPOSEDLY..... it will make more funds available to small business owners........ IF THE BANKS WILL LEND. Go try and get a small business loan right now........ ROFL........ Just helpin the banks out, thats all Obama does........
    What everyone knows in Washington at this point is that the way to kill something is to tack on amendments that the other guy won't accept. If border security is a good thing, the Republicans should submit a bill addressing it. The same could be said of the other items. (By the way, both the Indian Affairs and Ag Dept lawsuits make it clear that the represented groups were injured to the tune of billions by actions that, if done by people in the private sector, would have placed those government officials in jail. The Bureau of Indian Affairs systematically stole money from native American accounts that we required to be managed by the Bureau. The Agricuture Department systematically and deliberately discriinated against minority farmers in administering crop subsidy and loan programs, driving tens of thousands of farmers out of business.)

    Ultimately, there is no effective way for the government to be the direct lender to small businesses. What the bills do is provide additional funds to community banks -- who were not big beneficiaries of bailout funds -- and tax incentives to loan more funds to small businesses. Whether that will prove effective is another question. I think the real issue is that banks have simply, and understandably, become more conservative in lending. That creates a drag on businesses that were living on cash flow loans. However, it may also be the right thing from a credit perspective.

    The SBA has always been more conservative in the amounts it would loan than banks. However, that has made it the lender of last resort so that it is also taking on some larger risks. What I have not found is any indication of a Federally imposed freeze on receivable loans as indicated in RK's original post. I am not saying there wasn't one, but I am not aware of it and would like to see a reference.

  8. #28
    Senior Member troy schwab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    897

    Default

    With the pissing match that congress has become..... do you really think a Republican sponsored bill would go anywhere???? Seriously Yardley, the republicans only way to get things done is to piggyback and bargain with the Democrats at this point..... I would think you should know this. I agree with most of what you said, but to say that the republicans should introduce their own bill,........... Cmon......

  9. #29
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Interesting.

    Dave pm'd me telling me that you conservatives were telling him how worried you are about me because of my posting habits changing.

    Based on these responses Dave made that up.
    Maybe the side of his head is just gtting sore!!!! (~%
    Thanx fellars!


    RK
    I stand by what I said.
    However PMs are sent in confidence, as was that conversation with you.
    You have violated that trust, and are not longer an honorable person in my book.
    Thank you for the cigars, I enjoyed them when I thought you were a stand up guy. Now I know the truth.

    I am truly saddened at the loss of what I thought was a friend.

    There, all said in public, so you don't need to blab a PM to everybody.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #30
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I was happy to see you put up a real post. What I didn't understand in your post is what regulations limit receivable financing? I will admit that in all my years of business I never used receivable financing (or any other borrowing) for my business simply because of my own conservatism. If I could not afford to finance the receivable associated with new work myself, I didn't take on the work. The fact that I was in an industry where bills were routinely paid 90-120 days late was one of the reasons for my decision. However, I was clearly in a minority. Traditionally, banks have been willing to finance 75% of the value of receivables under 90 days, while the SBA finances 50% of receivables under 90 days. The types of documentation needed on the quality of receivables has varied depending on source.

    Did something change in Federal regulation, or did lenders become more conservative because of loan losses that they have experienced?

    The administration has had two bills pending for months to try to expand loans available to small businesses: H.R. 5297 (Small Business Lending Fund Act of 2010) and H.R. 5486 (Small Business Jobs Tax Relief Act of 2010). Both have passed the House and are awaiting action in the Senate but are currently blocked by an absence of Republican support.
    I do not know.
    I think it was more a banking policy than any regulation.

    Maybe fear of what's coming.
    Talk to any professional in the finance industry, brokers, investers etc.
    They all pretty much tell the same story.
    They are all pretty worried.....no.....they are scared shitless!!

    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •