The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: New Jobless Claims Leap To 500.000.

  1. #31
    Senior Member troy schwab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Whoa! PM privacy has been violated...... maybe congress should investigate....... Here is the tip of the day.

    Trust no one on the internet.


    Just in case your momma never warned ya.

  2. #32
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    Whoa! PM privacy has been violated...... maybe congress should investigate....... Here is the tip of the day.

    Trust no one on the internet. There are several folks here that I trust to keep a confidence, and one I no longer trust. Its just a matter of decency. Most have it--some don't.

    Just in case your momma never warned ya.

    I would be happy to repost the ENTIRE coversation so folks can see what the context of the conversation was, but I honor the privacy of others, if that is what was intended.

    don't worry swab, I don't say anything in PMs I wouldn't say on the forum....maybe just a little less polished and PC.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  3. #33
    Senior Member troy schwab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    897

    Default

    DNF......
    I could give two $hits...... Sorry, just found it funny you call him out on the board personally, rather than relay your supposed "disgust" in private. Not that he didnt maybe deserve it. Pot.... meet kettle.

  4. #34
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    With the pissing match that congress has become..... do you really think a Republican sponsored bill would go anywhere???? Seriously Yardley, the republicans only way to get things done is to piggyback and bargain with the Democrats at this point..... I would think you should know this. I agree with most of what you said, but to say that the republicans should introduce their own bill,........... Cmon......
    It's done for one reason and one reason only. To kill the bills. As Mitch McConnell said “I wish we had been able to obstruct more." (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/15/us...connell&st=cse) By the way, he was commenting on how much legislation the Obama administration has managed to get through Congress for those who continuously accuse the administration of having done nothing in the last two years.

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I do not know.
    I think it was more a banking policy than any regulation.

    Maybe fear of what's coming.

    Talk to any professional in the finance industry, brokers, investers etc.
    They all pretty much tell the same story.
    They are all pretty worried.....no.....they are scared shitless!!

    RK
    I think that is accurate. Unfortunately, it does have exactly the effect you indicated. People can't borrow, and they therefore cut back which has a negative effect on the economy as a whole. Unfortunately, we also know that excessive borrowing is exactly what led to the boom during 2003-2006, and the crash that followed. At this point, no one knows where to find a solid middle ground, or even if there is one. I suspect that the middle ground is one that has us living within our means as individuals, as companies, and as a country. The result of that will be a further contraction in the economy, in profits, and in personal incomes.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 08-20-2010 at 01:03 PM.

  5. #35
    Senior Member troy schwab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Yardley, I completely agree........ but Im pretty sure its so they can get what they want also........ Ironically, the only part of the bill I am concerned with ...... is what the republicans want. They can throw 30 billion in the water (banks) if they want. Isnt gonna change a thing.... and I think the Republicans know this. Look how well the almost trillion has helped......LOL Sorry, kind of ranting......

  6. #36
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    DNF......
    I could give two $hits...... Sorry, just found it funny you call him out on the board personally, rather than relay your supposed "disgust" in private. Not that he didnt maybe deserve it. Pot.... meet kettle.


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #37
    Senior Member troy schwab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    897

    Default

    RK,
    NO OFFENSE BUDDY!!!! ROFL But who knows what came out your piehole.......... Think of it as a disclaimer.......LOL

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    It's done for one reason and one reason only. To kill the bills. As Mitch McConnell said “I wish we had been able to obstruct more." (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/15/us...connell&st=cse) By the way, he was commenting on how much legislation the Obama administration has managed to get through Congress for those who continuously accuse the administration of having done nothing in the last two years.
    If you are strongly against something and the 'other guys' refuse to work with you, it only makes sense to use any means necessary to stop it until they realize that the two sides MUST work together, rather than one group getting it's way. They should look up the words compromise and bipartisan in the dictionary.

    This petty D vs R thing sucks. Instead of trying to do what is good for the D's or good for the R's, I wish they would do what is good for the USA.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    147

    Default

    i would like for them to vote on each item instead of pigging back so much through. the d's are saying the r's are against helping small business that is a crock. they may be against the poop that goes along with the bill.

  10. #40
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    If you are strongly against something and the 'other guys' refuse to work with you, it only makes sense to use any means necessary to stop it until they realize that the two sides MUST work together, rather than one group getting it's way. They should look up the words compromise and bipartisan in the dictionary.

    This petty D vs R thing sucks. Instead of trying to do what is good for the D's or good for the R's, I wish they would do what is good for the USA.
    I absolutely agree. Remember that for when Republicans are in control and Democrats return the favor. They never have in the past to anything even close to current practices, but I think most Democrats believe that it is time to do so the next time around. Had Democrats followed the Republican approach with Bush's court nominations, he would not have been able to appoint a single judge during his eight year term. Instead, Democrats blocked 10 judges after approving more than 800 and Republicans threatened the nuclear option. The one plus to a Democratic loss of control will be seeing how the same shoes fit on the other feet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •