The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rocket indicted for perjury

Banned

Default The Rocket indicted for perjury

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

very very sad. as a fellow longhorn as well as high school alum of Roger, i am saddened by his regressions.

another roadside victim of the superstar highway.....

I didn't think anybody ever got indicted for perjury. Isn't that what we were told in the late 90s? What a grown man and a consensual needle do in a lockerroom isn't anybody's business.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

This isn't even the Longhorn athletics' lowest point this month. That occurred a couple of weekends ago when an ex-UT football player sucker punched a woman outside of a bar and knocked her out colder than a hammer. Sadly for him, a 150 lb UFC fighter witnessed it and curb stomped the 240 lb woman-puncher into nighty-nite land: http://www.cagepotato.com/meet-douch...ly-knocked-out
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

as a long time Longhorn backer, Roger should have been indicted for being stupid and arrogant..he was a good athlete....looks to be another case of the cover up being worse than the crime..what a shame that his career accomplishments will be overshadowed by all of this
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I say draw a strict line on this issue. Collegiate, HS, and below: absolute ZERO tolerance. Then there will be an even field of competition for the pro drafts, and the health concerns of steroids will be rendered moot in young people.

Professional sports: all bets are off. They are paid very handsomely to entertain us and amaze us with superhuman feats of strength and athleticism. The more steroids, the harder the hits, the faster the 40s, the better. Hell, give baseball a "three point rule" if the ball leaves the stadium and parking lot! They all cry how its THEIR health, and that roids are safe.....ok, have at them! Let the games begin! They are adults, they can make decisions, its their lives.

So the Rocket and the Blago....both couldn't be convicted of the crimes they were charged with, but got nailed because the authorities didn't like the way they beat the prosecution? BTW, exactly what law is there against lying to police? The courts have constantly upheld the police's right to lie to defendants in order to trick testimony out of them, but if the convicted lies back, they go to jail. As far as I know, one is not under oath during police interrogation, are they?
    Last edited by dnf777; 08-19-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Of course if you are a democratic president it's OK to lie under oath.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I say draw a strict line on this issue. Collegiate, HS, and below: absolute ZERO tolerance. Then there will be an even field of competition for the pro drafts, and the health concerns of steroids will be rendered moot in young people.

Professional sports: all bets are off. They are paid very handsomely to entertain us and amaze us with superhuman feats of strength and athleticism. The more steroids, the harder the hits, the faster the 40s, the better. Hell, give baseball a "three point rule" if the ball leaves the stadium and parking lot! They all cry how its THEIR health, and that roids are safe.....ok, have at them! Let the games begin! They are adults, they can make decisions, its their lives.

So the Rocket and the Blago....both couldn't be convicted of the crimes they were charged with, but got nailed because the authorities didn't like the way they beat the prosecution? BTW, exactly what law is there against lying to police? The courts have constantly upheld the police's right to lie to defendants in order to trick testimony out of them, but if the convicted lies back, they go to jail. As far as I know, one is not under oath during police interrogation, are they?
    who lied to police? the issue is lying to Congressional investigation under oath, same as lying in court. the police dont make you swear an oath before talking to you.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    who lied to police? the issue is lying to Congressional investigation under oath, same as lying in court. the police dont make you swear an oath before talking to you.
    Wasn't Blago convicted of fibbing to the FBI?

I agree, I don't see how you can be charged for lying to the FBI...they are essentially police.

I understand Roger's charge. Not sure I agree, but I understand it.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    Why did Congress even spend any time on this?

A Congressional investigation? Really?

Because some overpaid athletes may have found a way to cheat?

So what? It is none of Congress' business!

Have they nothing more important to do?

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    Why did Congress even spend any time on this?

A Congressional investigation? Really?

Because some overpaid athletes may have found a way to cheat?

So what? It is none of Congress' business!

Have they nothing more important to do?
    Because Congress would like nothing better than to take away MLB anti trust exemption....there is a lot of revenue in professional sports that they would like to get their hands on
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"