The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Rocket indicted for perjury

So why isn't Clinton in jail for pergury right now? A baseball player may have lied under oath. A sitting President DID lie under oath and nothing happened to him.
    Until Clinton goes to jail they should lay off this stupid crap.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

part of the reason Congress is pursuing this is to show that they still have clout when called for an investigation, its pure grandstanding by a bunch of lawyers, its an election year, Clemens is a high profile target of opportunity...it is a waste of taxpayer money
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

OK judge, jury, and executioners what if he's innocent? The last I heard we are innocent till proven guilty unless of course we misremembered. Not saying he's innocent not saying he's guilty......just saying. We are all jaded.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

I'd lie to those $%^&%$# too. if I needed to or not. A bunch of headline seeking pompous arses!

Hiss on them regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    OK judge, jury, and executioners what if he's innocent? The last I heard we are innocent till proven guilty unless of course we misremembered. Not saying he's innocent not saying he's guilty......just saying. We are all jaded.
    But can you blame us all for being jaded? We've seen 40 year old men go from 20 hr/year to 60+/year, hit their mid-life growth spurt of 40 pounds of lean body mass increase, have pimples like a teenager, then stand there and look right into the camera and deny using steroids!

The other argument I hear is "I didn't know". Yeah, like I believe that one. Professional athletes, who's entire life is dedicated to health, fitness, diet, etc...just happen to pop pills or pop needles and don't know? I don't accuse athletes of being rocket scientists, but I find that line hard to buy.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    But can you blame us all for being jaded? We've seen 40 year old men go from 20 hr/year to 60+/year, hit their mid-life growth spurt of 40 pounds of lean body mass increase, have pimples like a teenager, then stand there and look right into the camera and deny using steroids!

The other argument I hear is "I didn't know". Yeah, like I believe that one. Professional athletes, who's entire life is dedicated to health, fitness, diet, etc...just happen to pop pills or pop needles and don't know? I don't accuse athletes of being rocket scientists, but I find that line hard to buy.
    GULP - in line with dave here - why should Roger's stats stand toe to toe with Kofax, Drysdale, Cy Young, etc etc if they didnt have access to the same drugs? and dont say they pitched to batters that didnt do drugs but roger did so its even. unless you have exact stats showing its even you cant make that claim and that is impossible.

roger maybe "could" have been the greatest ever, but now he just gets an asterisk
    Last edited by david gibson; 08-20-2010 at 09:40 PM.

It's all a shame. I wish that the 'steroid era' could be erased as there are so many records that are now tainted because of it. But you can't do that. Have you noticed how magically this has been dubbed 'the year of the pitcher', and there are so many more injuries than in past years...wonder why...

Hey Gibson, speaking of Koufax, check this out... Got it when I met him and Tommy Lasorda at the Dodgers-Phillies Game 4 in Philly last year...

Does anyone in congress know the difference btween a lie & the truth??

Just askin'......

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Does anyone in congress know the difference btween a lie & the truth??

Just askin'......

RK
    How can you know the difference when you don't even know the definition?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    It's all a shame. I wish that the 'steroid era' could be erased as there are so many records that are now tainted because of it. But you can't do that. Have you noticed how magically this has been dubbed 'the year of the pitcher', and there are so many more injuries than in past years...wonder why...

Hey Gibson, speaking of Koufax, check this out... Got it when I met him and Tommy Lasorda at the Dodgers-Phillies Game 4 in Philly last year...

awesome! sandy koufax was definitely an idol of mine and an under-the-breath curse of every little league coach at the time. every kid had to try to pitch like him and it drove the coaches nuts!