The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Rocket indicted for perjury

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    part of the reason Congress is pursuing this is to show that they still have clout when called for an investigation, its pure grandstanding by a bunch of lawyers, its an election year, Clemens is a high profile target of opportunity...it is a waste of taxpayer money
    I'd say they are pursuing it because of the grandstanding and "in your face" attitude Clemens brought to congress when they did their initial investigation and inquiry. He's getting what he deserves. If he used the steroids, then lied about it, then lied about the lies, he's toast. Let him eat crow in front of the world. And no, he isn't going to do any time for it.

I'm shocked I was betting ya'll would rip me apart for that post. Must be losing my touch.

I do find it interesting that Roger turned down a plea bargain that would keep him from jail time. Maybe this is a last ditch effort to get in the hall but I also think he is guilty as sin.

Count me among the jaded as well regards,
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Friend of mine who is a Houston police officer had to run him out of a bar for disorderly conduct. In all fairness, he was just giving a pesky fan what he deserved, but nontheless, crossed a line and the police were called. My buddy (6-2 and bench pressed almost 500#) was very concerned about what might ensue if he offered resistance. To his pleasant surprise, the Rocket basically offered an apology, and asked what the officer would like him to do, and did it with no lip. Said he was a class act that night.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

This could get interesting, he pled not guilty today. Maybe the rocket will be in pin stripes again afterall.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Does anyone in congress know the difference btween a lie & the truth??

Just askin'......

RK
    Yes, they have their standards. A lie is when you get caught. The 'truth' is everything else.