The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Scary Saudi Justice System

Default Scary Saudi Justice System

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38799106...deastn_africa/

Human rights group say trials in Saudi Arabia fall far below international standards. They usually take place behind closed doors and without adequate legal representation.
    The victims can ask that the perpetrator suffer the same injury that has been inflicted. An eye for an eye, etc.

Those who are sentenced to death are often not informed of the progress of legal proceedings against them or of the date of execution until the morning on which they are taken out and beheaded.
    According to Amnesty, in 2005, a convict in the kingdom had his teeth pulled out by a dentist because he had smashed another man's teeth out in a fight.

"We have also had cases of people sentenced to blindness because they have caused the blindness of another person," Chirouf said. "But never anything involving a spinal cord."
    In the case discussed in the article, the Islamic judge is asking if the perpetrator can be paralyzed ... since that was the injury inflicted on the victim. His previous sentence had been 14 mos in jail, released after 7 mos in an amnesty. Evidently, the victim still has the ability to ask for a harsher sentence.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

There are those times, I wish we had a "similar" system of justice....

THOU SHALT NOT KILL......

not....if thou shall kill, thou shall live on average for another 20 years in a cell...

I also feel that a pound of flesh will be extracted for other situations....ie...you make a comment about me, my father, my brother...ohhh kay...I will and can and have walked away...but you mess up and make a comment about my mother....You AZZ is mine, and I'm GONNA (and have) slap the taste out of your mouth....

believe me...a COMMENT is all it takes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCA
    Ps..we arn't talking about internet forum comments either....I got big shoulders, I can take a joke.
    Last edited by Nor_Cal_Angler; 08-21-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: added Post Script...

There are those times, I wish we had a "similar" system of justice....

THOU SHALT NOT KILL......
    But it would still be nice to have a trial that is not behind closed doors.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    But it would still be nice to have a trial that is not behind closed doors.
    VERY TRUE...I do agree there.

Get it out in the open...

ie.."a jury of your peers has found you guilt of Murder in the 1st degree, you will be murdered/exacuted in a similar fashion...you now have 24hrs to get your last rights of business together, MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL."

NCA

In theory I have no problem with such punishment.......I just don't trust the Nifongs of the justice system to fairly and justly administer it! Can you imagine being wrongly accused and hearing the judge is shopping for doctors to surgically section your spinal cord??
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    In theory I have no problem with such punishment.......I just don't trust the Nifongs of the justice system to fairly and justly administer it! Can you imagine being wrongly accused and hearing the judge is shopping for doctors to surgically section your spinal cord??
    In theory then....you dont have the spine for it....

Good people are usually NEVER EVER NEVER even remotely near a situation that would require that swift form of justice....

If your toes are near enough to the fire to get burnt, then you were TOOOOO CLOSE....

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    In theory then....you dont have the spine for it....

Good people are usually NEVER EVER NEVER even remotely near a situation that would require that swift form of justice....

If your toes are near enough to the fire to get burnt, then you were TOOOOO CLOSE....
    Its attitudes just like that that make me leary of our justice system. Please oh please tell me you're not a cop, or in anyway affiliated with the justice system!! Better yet, tell that to the Duke lacrosse team members who were staring at 10-20 years in the slammer. Had they been poor, unable to afford a top lawyer, or the case had not garnered such publicity, those kids would be sleeping with someone besides their girlfriends about now. We don't have room for Judge Roy Bean anymore.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Its attitudes just like that that make me leary of our justice system. Please oh please tell me you're not a cop, or in anyway affiliated with the justice system!! Better yet, tell that to the Duke lacrosse team members who were staring at 10-20 years in the slammer. Had they been poor, unable to afford a top lawyer, or the case had not garnered such publicity, those kids would be sleeping with someone besides their girlfriends about now. We don't have room for Judge Roy Bean anymore.
    WTH does this have to do with Saudi Arabia's Judicial syatem?

Or the OP???

You make a lot of ASSumptions.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    WTH does this have to do with Saudi Arabia's Judicial syatem?

Or the OP???

You make a lot of ASSumptions.

RK
    I was responding to norcal's comment. Sorry I broke your forum etiquette...I'm just a real maverick I guess.

The Duke reference was regarding the false accusations of innocent people, to illustrate that it can and does happen in the US.

Anything else I need to explain?