The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So….. they have this flood in Pakistan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Aren't you always complaining about the death toll in the middle east? Is it really worth the lives of more Americans to help someone who only wants to shoot at you?

If you knew that your dog was going to attempt to latch on to your jugular when you fed it, would you still go dump food in it's dish?
    Wasn't the objective of starting the war in Afghanistan to kill or capture terrorists even though they now tucked tail and headed for Pakistan?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Wasn't the objective of starting the war in Afghanistan to kill or capture terrorists even though they now tucked tail and headed for Pakistan?
    I thought you wanted to pull out now and have our guys quit getting killed because we shouldn't have gone there in the first place??? Now you want them to risk their lives to help the very people who are trying to kill us? You are a very confusing man Mr. Perry...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I thought you wanted to pull out now and have our guys quit getting killed because we shouldn't have gone there in the first place??? Now you want them to risk their lives to help the very people who are trying to kill us? You are a very confusing man Mr. Perry...
    Obama did not start the war, he has to take what was given to him. Now he has to do the best he can with what he has to get us out of there. Same for Iraq. Unless you are saying everyone living in Pakistan is a terrorist, the citizens there still need help with food, potable water and medical supplies.

Obama did not start the war, he has to take what was given to him. Now he has to do the best he can with what he has to get us out of there. Same for Iraq. Unless you are saying everyone living in Pakistan is a terrorist, the citizens there still need help with food, potable water and medical supplies.
    Thanks for reminding me. I almost forgot.

Just curious Roger, who started the war??

(this ought to be good)

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Unhappy

I kind of sort of agree with this. I mean the wonderful folk in New Orleans shot at us and we still helped them, right?
    Kind of like when God and Satan were chatting about Sodom and Gomorra…… what was the phrase?
    “If one good man” or something like that. I know you guys can fill in the actual Old Testament text for me, you always do.
    But I feel there is probably a few good folk living through that terrible flood and if my country can help….
    But they want to shoot at us ……………
    Gosh! And I do not ask this sarcastically….. what the heck did we ever do to them?
    For real, what did we do???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    ...But I feel there is probably a few good folk living through that terrible flood and if my country can help...
    maybe it is a good thing to help, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    ...But they want to shoot at us ……………
    Gosh! And I do not ask this sarcastically….. what the heck did we ever do to them?
    For real, what did we do?...

Nothing. Do we or you ever reach a point where the reason no longer matters?

I am not one that always searches for the reason. Sometimes the act is enough to completely override my need to know. Will I remain a bit curious? Sure. But, would I need to know why someone is shooting at us? No. just shoot back.

Some people have a pretty small thrashed for what is a slight for what they perceive as a slight or insult. If someone like that tried to explain their reasoning to me, I probably wouldn’t understand it anyway.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And by the way, I spent 4 years of my life in the U.S. Navy serving my Country in the Viet Nam era and when I got out of the Navy, I left with an honorable discharge.
    thank you for your service.

what does this mean though?

were you a combat troop that served in Viet Nam?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2labs View Post
    Roger,
    Do YOU honestly believe in your mind that if we give them all the aid they ask for it will change their loyalty in the big picture? Birds of a feather.........
    The US will waste our tax money "helping out those in need" and in the end will still be defending our homeland from the terrorist that country proudly raises.
    I don't recall Terrorists from Pakistan attacking the US. The 9-11 killers were from Saudi Arabia. Pakistan is, and has been an ally to America and the West in fighting terrorism. In fact many many more Pakistani's (is that what you call them?) have died at the hand of the Terrorists than Americans. They are on the front line. And they need help. If you want to combat Islamic Terrorism, you need to support Pakistan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    thank you for your service.

what does this mean though?

were you a combat troop that served in Viet Nam?
    No, I was not ordered to serve in Viet Nam but had I been sent there I would have gone without hesitation. I was in the U.S. Navy from 1965 to 1969. I was at a duty station in Maryland, sent to basic electronics school in Great Lakes Ill., sent to radio school in Bainbridge Maryland and then my orders were to report to Norfolk Va. to serve aboard the U.S. Henley (destroyer) and then transferred to the USS William M. Wood which made a Med. (Italy, Greese, Turkey, Malta and Spain) cruise for 6 months. I ended my enlistment June 1969 while still aboard the USS William M. Wood (destroyer)