The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Listen to Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    How many times are you gonna spout this crap before you realize no one is saying they CAN'T do it. People are just saying they SHOULDN'T do it. Where in the constitution does it say people can't have an opinion?
    See my question to Hew. I address that specifically. yes, you have every right to protest....many of us fought and served to defend that right....as well as the right of others to practice their religion on their private property how they see fit. They question goes beyond that however. If you search back, you will see me saying that I wish they'd just move to another location. But after all the hatred and rhetoric the protestors have generated, I seriously doubt that will happen now.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Yes i have seen you say that but I've also seen you repeatedly state that you don't believe in trampling on the constitution or the bill or rights which makes no sense because no one is attempting infringe upon that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

what you don't understand is ,,I don't care what religion,race or creed someone is,,,they cant come in my house and shit on the dinner table

Pete
    Quote of the day right there fellas...

LMAO...

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    But after all the hatred and rhetoric the protestors have generated, I seriously doubt that will happen now.
    So, was it always a no-win situation, then?

1) Do not protest, and the mosque gets built because no one voices any opinion against doing so;

2) Protest, and the mosque gets built because protesting makes the developers more rigid in their stance.

So ... should everyone just sit down and shut up?

I kinda, sorta thought that the whole idea of free speech was that voicing a different opinion might just change an outcome.

This is not just in relation to this issue ... but could be applied to any issue. Don't protest cause it will just diss off the people you oppose?

Back to the mosque: Interestingly, while Rauf is saying (on his trip) that the controversy is a "good" thing to publicize the mosque; his wife Daisy is hinting that they should take into account the feelings of those who do not feel its location is appropriate.

So, maybe in this case, the developers just weren't in touch with how the majority of Americans felt about the issue? It really doesn't matter whether an opponent is a New Yorker or not. On 9-11 New York became a symbol for all Americans. On 9-11 everyone was a New Yorker.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete;665742what you don't understand is ,,I don't care what religion,race or creed someone is,,,they cant come in my house and shit on the dinner table [COLOR="blue"
    Since when is privately owned property in NYC YOUR table? If any analogy is to be made, it is THEIR table. And since when is worshipping God considered "shitting on a table"? I don't look at God that way.[/COLOR]
    What you fail to see David is that there are plenty of post WW2 germans living in this country peacfully,,,yet do you think Nazism would be welcomed at our own door step then or now. This is an Islamic community center and mosque for Islam. It is not an al-qaeda shrine. the protestors are trying to establish that association, and people like you are falling for it.
    According to you they have the constitutional right to take over this country as long as they have the majority vote. Absolutely not so, and I never said that. I've pointed out that simple majorities do NOT have the final say so. Same with radical IslamI don't think thats what our founding CHRISTIAN framers of the constitution ( 52 out of 56 I believe ,,,were proffessed christians) had in mind,,

Nor do I think that Jesus in a pickle jar full of piss constitutes freedom of speech which was be funded with my money,,,, I can go freakin on and on,,,but lest I bore you. What you consider art is your business. I frankly don't care.

I'll say it again we have become an insane people,,,,the pickins are good for conquest.

Pete

Pete
    Last edited by dnf777; 08-24-2010 at 01:51 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Is it hatred, religious bigotry, or just fear that makes one adopt that attitude of trashing the Constitution and Bill of Rights?

Do you forget what principles this country was founded upon?

I don't like the idea of a mosque there either, but my likes and dislikes don't override the Constitutional rights of other American citizens.

And THAT'S what its all about in the end.
    So why don't you like the idea of the mosque being built there?

Sounds to me like your thinking just like your so called "Bigots", "although they are legally correct and have the right to build, it is just too insensitive".

Haven't heard anyone trash the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    So why don't you like the idea of the mosque being built there?

Sounds to me like your thinking just like your so called "Bigots", "although they are legally correct and have the right to build, it is just too insensitive".

I'm not a huge fan of any organized religion. I think its between a man and his God. Had that discussion already.

Besides, I'd rather see a Cabela's super store built there, that's my main opposition to the mosque.

I'm not a huge fan of any organized religion. I think its between a man and his God. Had that discussion already.

Besides, I'd rather see a Cabela's super store built there, that's my main opposition to the mosque.
    Ok, that's your opinion just as others have an opinion about it being insensitive, and are not willing to trash the Constitution.

Cabela's in NYC, keep dreaming. Wonder how many liberal groups (anti-gun, PETA, etc.) would be calling to block that and truly trash the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    [QUOTEThis is an Islamic community center and mosque for Islam. It is not an al-qaeda shrine. the protestors are trying to establish that association, and people like you are falling for it.]
    And the Trojen horse was just a pretty little horsey

Pete[/QUOTE]

No Trojan Horse is getting past YOU!!! Good job!

And the Trojen horse was just a pretty little horsey

Pete

No Trojan Horse is getting past YOU!!! Good job!

[/QUOTE]

SUBSTANCE??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis