The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Listen to Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    You and I are on the same side with this one. It pisses me off that both Republicans and Democrats are willing to disregard the Constitution when it comes in conflict with their political agendas.
    Couldn't agree more!!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

SUBSTANCE??

RK
    African or European substance?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Couldn't agree more!!
    Agree with what? GEEEEZZEEEE!

Once more, with feeling this time, NOBODY has said that it can't be built. EVERYONE knows that legally, it can. Many people have said that it shouldn't be built there. Nobody is disregarding the constitution on this issue! Why is that so difficult to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Agree with what? GEEEEZZEEEE!

Once more, with feeling this time, NOBODY has said that it can't be built. EVERYONE knows that legally, it can. Many people have said that it shouldn't be built there. Nobody is disregarding the constitution on this issue! Why is that so difficult to understand?
    For one, the RWM picked up on this quickly, and changed horses in mid stream! Also, Newt has now backed out of an appearance. Apparently he checked the polls and long-term republican stragegists who pointed out they pissed off enough "minority" groups to stay locked out of the whitehouse for years to come. The fear card only works so long, then the response fatigues.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    For one, the RWM picked up on this quickly, and changed horses in mid stream! For starters, I can't think of anyone on this board less qualified to opine about how fast the RWM picked up on the story, since from the context of what you've written about the mosque so far, you didn't even realize yourself that it was a story until last week sometime (when you doubted that the Marines RK spoke to could have even known about the story). The mosque issue has been in the news (all news; not just Fox) for months. There were 1,000+ people protests in New York as far back as May (as reported by ABC National News: http://abcnews.go.com/US/mosque-plan...ry?id=10747570 ). Any notion that the RWM created the story is absurd. As for the "changing horses in mid-stream," I don't know exactly what you're referring to. but if it is your contention that the RWM had been saying that the Muslims have no right to build a mosque and now they're saying that they have the right but shouldn't build it you're also mistaken and ill-equipped to defend that point as well. I'll ask you a second time to name some names of politicians/commentators who were/are saying that the muslims shouldn't have the legal right to build their monument to Islam in the debris field of the World Trade Center. Also, Newt has now backed out of an appearance. Apparently he checked the polls and long-term republican stragegists who pointed out they pissed off enough "minority" groups to stay locked out of the whitehouse for years to come. If that's your original thought then you aren't very good at math. Muslims make up about 1% of eligible voters. 70% of the country is against the mosque. As well, I would suspect that the 70% spans much of the entire ethnic and political demographics of the country, and I know it includes a great many Democrat politicians. This issue, from a numbers standpoint, is electoral GOLD for those opposed and a poison pill for those in favor (as evidenced by the miniscule numbers of politicians with the balls to come out strongly in favor of the mosque). The fear card only works so long, then the response fatigues.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.