The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Attn Mosque sympathizers!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Farmer View Post
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]You see, apart from Christ nobody can know anything. ALL the treasures of both wisdom and knowledge are Christ's.

There's no arguing with that.

I guess all those Egyptians, Romans, Incas, Peruvians, Jews, Hindus are just a bunch of idiots? And I thought they all contributed to the human experience here on Earth in their own ways. My bad.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

I guess all those Egyptians, Romans, Incas, Peruvians, Jews, Hindus are just a bunch of idiots? And I thought they all contributed to the human experience here on Earth in their own ways. My bad.
    who needs math, science, calendars, and forms of government when we have European christians

Quote Originally Posted by aandw View Post
    good question. i would like to know what the economic policies of bush that have ruined this country? not trying to be a smart butt. what did he do that ruined our economy and what has obama done to fix it?
    Nobody has made any comments on this question? This is always what gets me when both sides start talking about the other's "policies". I'm wondering what the more left leaning contributors think occurred during the Bush Presidency that would not have happend during the same time if Gore would have been elected. Do you think there would not have been a housing bubble and collapse? Do you think there would not have been the derivative trading that sacked the financial world?

Deficit spending is another issue, and most true Conservatives are not happy with how Bush did in that regard. However, that's not what caused the current economic slump. I hold that people put way too much expectations on the sitting President for the economy during their administration. I think thier impact is several years later and in that light both Bush and Obama have severely wieghted us down.

I am glad we can agree on something

Is there an argument there?

You made a few arbitrary statements but what is your point with relation to my questions?

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Farmer View Post
    I am glad we can agree on something

Is there an argument there?

You made a few arbitrary statements but what is your point with relation to my questions?

Here is a tip;

Don't ever expect a direct answer from the "independent middle of the roaders!".
    Won't happen!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by traz6 View Post
    Nobody has made any comments on this question? This is always what gets me when both sides start talking about the other's "policies". I'm wondering what the more left leaning contributors think occurred during the Bush Presidency that would not have happend during the same time if Gore would have been elected. Do you think there would not have been a housing bubble and collapse? Do you think there would not have been the derivative trading that sacked the financial world?

Deficit spending is another issue, and most true Conservatives are not happy with how Bush did in that regard. However, that's not what caused the current economic slump. I hold that people put way too much expectations on the sitting President for the economy during their administration. I think thier impact is several years later and in that light both Bush and Obama have severely wieghted us down.
    I don't think Gore would have gotten us into a war with Iraq based on the beliefs that Bush had.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I don't think Gore would have gotten us into a war with Iraq based on the beliefs that Bush had.
    You don't think so?

That's solid proof...........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

who needs math, science, calendars, and forms of government when we have European christians
    First, for those disciplines to be able to exist there must first exist laws of logic, uniformity, and absolute morality (as I have already asserted)...otherwise none of those disciplines would be possible.

My question remains why or how in an atheistic evolutionary worldview does logic, uniformity, and absolute morality exist?

The last part of your statement is a fallacy of equivocation. The assertion made by me is that apart from the biblical God none of the preconditions of intelligibility can possibly exist. I never said anything about Eurpoean Christians...you made that switch in terms on your own and that is fallacious...it is not rational.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    How does the war in IRAQ affect the current economy? The debt from it may impact monetary policy at some point, but that war (right or wrong) did not cause the recession.

Quote Originally Posted by traz6 View Post

Deficit spending is another issue, and most true Conservatives are not happy with how Bush did in that regard. However, that's not what caused the current economic slump. I hold that people put way too much expectations on the sitting President for the economy during their administration. I think thier impact is several years later and in that light both Bush and Obama have severely weighted us down.
    Oh, where to begin. Obviously, what if games are purely speculative. First, the massive tax cuts implemented in 2001 and 2003 would not have happened. There would have been a much more modest tax cut targeted almost entirely to the middle class. That would have prevented the massive deficit build-up and possibly have reduced the potential for the housing bubble. The attack on 2001 would probably still have happened, although the odds of preventing it probably would have been slightly improved without the de-emphasis on terrorism that occurred immediately following the change in administrations. We would not have invaded Iraq, but we would have invaded Afghanistan without drawing troops out to support the Iraqi war. By doing that we might well have finished the job against the Taliban and Osama bin Laden then as opposed to giving them years to rebuild following our initial victories. All in all, I believe our economy would be much stronger and that our political power in the world, while still under challenge from an increasingly powerful China and India, would be stronger as well.