The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Tea Party fad over

Don't forget these are primary results. You better be able to keep the "losing voters" in the party come November.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Don't forget these are primary results. You better be able to keep the "losing voters" in the party come November.
    That's a good point, and you may end up with the last laugh. But Bon's argument seemed to be that the Tea Party and Palin didn't fare well yesterday and that's what I was responding to.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Another Liberal post by BonMallori and little yardley (dnf)with absolutely no facts to back it up.

think you and maybe UB are the only ones here that would be able to call Bon a liberal with a straight face. Independent would fly I'm sure but liberal no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    That's a good point, and you may end up with the last laugh. But Bon's argument seemed to be that the Tea Party and Palin didn't fare well yesterday and that's what I was responding to.
    I wasn't arguing with you at all.
    I'm not sure how much influence Palin has over voters. I really doubt that republicans of any flavor stand in the booth and ask, "what would Sarah do?"
    Overall, since her rise to political fame, I think she's had mixed results. She certainly has an audience, but not the persuasive powers that someone like Rush has. He can almost make me agree with him sometimes.

As you know, I'm no big fan of her politics, but must admit, she is a most intriguing person. No doubt she should get a cover of Time Magazine. She's big on principles, but short on realistic means to achieve them.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    seems like the Tea Party has been shooting blanks....I knew they didnt have the infrastructure,funding or game plan for the long haul...seems to me that a lot of "their candidates" are getting beat ..in the beginning their premise and platform had some merit, but I think they were too extreme even for conservatives like me, and the candidates were so quick to wrap themselves in the Tea Party flag, when in reality they had no substance
    Least organized of any movement, though there have been those attempting to profit from involvement . I don't believe they are in it for the long haul, some will stay, but us AUH2Oite's have held the R's accountable, mostly .

What you see in a lot of the races is someone getting Tea Party backing without adhering to the principles. The Right to Lifer's jumped on the BW early. We had 2 senatorial candidates in our state who were neophytes, with one somewhat more big time seasoned (2 SB rings). I should have recognized SP's endorsement probably carried a RTL pledge.

To be frank with you, I measure my candidates by what they accomplished in the real world. I will vote for substance over style any time. BTW, you can't really call JD Hayworth a real conservative, even with Tea Party backing. Just a lot of people sick of McCain!!!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    Another Liberal post by BonMallori and little yardley (dnf)with absolutely no facts to back it up.

I've been called a lot of things in my day, but NEVER a liberal... LMAO

I dont even consider myself independant...I consider myself a fairly staunch conservative at times almost libertarian...havent voted for a democrat since 1974...and he was a field trialer, a National finalist, and a family friend
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    Can you tell us where Palins candidates lost?
    Palin losses to date include:
    • Washington Senate candidate Clint Didier (R).
    • Wyoming gubernatorial candidate Rita Meyer (R)
    • Rep. Nathan Deal's defeat of Karen Handel in Georgia's Republican runoff for governor,
    • Rep. Todd Tiahrt's loss in the GOP Senate primary in Kansas
    • CeCe Heil's (R) in Tennessee
    • Vaughn Ward lost to Rep. Raul Labrador
    • Bob McConnell in Colorado
    • Todd Tiarhrt in Kansas
    • Cecile Bledsoe in Arkansas
    • Angela McGowan in Mississippi

I would not say she has been shooting blanks, but the picture tends to be a little more complicated than she might like -- but then, isn't everything?

seems like the Tea Party has been shooting blanks....I knew they didnt have the infrastructure,funding or game plan for the long haul...seems to me that a lot of "their candidates" are getting beat ..in the beginning their premise and platform had some merit, but I think they were too extreme even for conservatives like me, and the candidates were so quick to wrap themselves in the Tea Party flag, when in reality they had no substance
    Funny, I was thinking basically the same thing about "Obamasteria."

Seems that "rose" has lost it's "blush."

Just an observation.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

...I consider myself a fairly staunch conservative at times almost libertarian...havent voted for a democrat since 1974...and he was a field trialer, a National finalist, and a family friend
    I think your credentials are intact.

I heard that libertarians are just conservatives who want to roll their own once in a while.