The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Tea Party fad over

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    Thats the history of the democratic party. Remember the mayor of D.C. Marion Barry? He was a thief and a drug addict that they kept electing term after term.
    But he fits right in with all the other criminals in DC so why does that surprise you he was re-elected?

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I agree with that 100%. I think a lot of establishment republicans, like Mitch McConnell are looking in the mirror today and wondering what they see.

At the primary level, does this represent an anti-establishment, kick the bums out attitude, or is it an ideologic move to the right? I think well need to wait until the general elections in November to sort that out.

This situation also poses a real stategy dilemma for dems. Do they go full out with an issue-based campaing.......or do they go negative against the likes of Angle, or just sit back and let them do the talking, and hopefully hang themselves politically, which they seem to have a talent for.

From the tea party camps, I suspect there will be many narrated anti-incumbent, anti-big spending ads, but very little exposure-type events for their candidates for the above reason.

One thing for sure, politics won't be boring from here until November.
    IMO, i think people are sick the SOStuff. the majority of it is from the center to right. that is why there such a split in the GOP. if the dems go negative i think it will only solidify the reps and tea party. i think the only chance dems have are to avoid the nat'l issues and go local with no outside help. i would like to see new faces regardless of party.

Quote Originally Posted by aandw View Post
    IMO, i think people are sick the SOStuff. the majority of it is from the center to right. that is why there such a split in the GOP. if the dems go negative i think it will only solidify the reps and tea party. i think the only chance dems have are to avoid the nat'l issues and go local with no outside help. i would like to see new faces regardless of party.

On one hand I see your point and agree. OTOH, some of the tea party nominees that have mentioned curtailing social security or eliminating the Dept of Ed....well, those issues have been political suicide pretty consistently, and I would be surprised if their dem opponents don't at least campaign on that. We'll have to stay tuned.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I think it's kind of ironic that everyone's focusing on "THE SPLIT IN THE GOP" and "the extreme views" and nobody wants to acknowledge the same on the other side regarding the progressives.
    The Dem Rep in our area is running specifically on "I voted against the stimulus, I voted against the big Obama health care plan, I think we've got to stop all this wasteful spending and burdening coming generations with all this debt..."

The far left is having their own problems as the key issues (tea issues ?) cross party lines. Imo, it's like the law of matter, one side can't grow without diminishment somewhere else. But the MSM conveniently chooses to ignore that side of the coin in their "reporting".
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

On one hand I see your point and agree. OTOH, some of the tea party nominees that have mentioned curtailing social security or eliminating the Dept of Ed....well, those issues have been political suicide pretty consistently, and I would be surprised if their dem opponents don't at least campaign on that. We'll have to stay tuned.
    I would like to see anything to support that.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I think it's kind of ironic that everyone's focusing on "THE SPLIT IN THE GOP" and "the extreme views" and nobody wants to acknowledge the same on the other side regarding the progressives.
    The Dem Rep in our area is running specifically on "I voted against the stimulus, I voted against the big Obama health care plan, I think we've got to stop all this wasteful spending and burdening coming generations with all this debt..."

In Idaho, what a surprise.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I would like to see anything to support that.

RK
    Size of Federal Government: Tea Party believes in smaller government. Activists, including candidates Sharron Angle in Nevada and Rand Paul in Kentucky, have proposed abolishing the Energy and Education departments and the Federal Reserve.

Republicans also believe in limited government, but they have attacked candidates calling for the abolition of federal agencies as out of the mainstream.

Social Security: Tea Partiers have called for privatizing Social Security. But when President Bush made the same proposal in 2005, it was a nonstarter among Republicans in Congress.

The above from FoxNews.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...ividing-sides/

there are plenty of examples available with a google search.

I stand by my point that proposing sweeping changes to social security has been a political dog that won't hunt.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    In Idaho, what a surprise.
    Just a reminder that Minnick was elected as part of the "hope and change" wave only 2 years ago after years of "R" representation.

As a former business CEO, he apparently didn't think progressive gov.org was the best thing for small to medium businesses in this state and voted his principles/what his constituents voiced in town hall meetings etc instead of the Pelosi plan. Pretty ballsy for a 1st termer.
    What a surprise.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post

The far left is having their own problems as the key issues (tea issues ?) cross party lines. Imo, it's like the law of matter, one side can't grow without diminishment somewhere else. But the MSM conveniently chooses to ignore that side of the coin in their "reporting".
    i agree, i think if the rep. party get their noses out of the air and back the tea party candidates it will spell trouble for the dems. i think it is funny that the dems are trying their best to get away from washington and the white house.

Size of Federal Government: Tea Party believes in smaller government. Activists, including candidates Sharron Angle in Nevada and Rand Paul in Kentucky, have proposed abolishing the Energy and Education departments and the Federal Reserve.

Republicans also believe in limited government, but they have attacked candidates calling for the abolition of federal agencies as out of the mainstream.

Social Security: Tea Partiers have called for privatizing Social Security. But when President Bush made the same proposal in 2005, it was a nonstarter among Republicans in Congress.

The above from FoxNews.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...ividing-sides/

there are plenty of examples available with a google search.

I stand by my point that proposing sweeping changes to social security has been a political dog that won't hunt.
    i like the idea of shutting down the fed reserve. we shouldn't spend money we don't have. it is no different than the way one should run their personal budget. there are times it would hard but we would survive and flourish in the long run. it would cause people to prioritize and come up with new and more efficient ways of living. after you shut it down depts. would/should be cut appropriately.
    you could wean people off social security over time. it would probably take
    40+ years. but could be done