The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Tea Party fad over

The Jimmy Carter created DoE is a pit of taxpayer waste. Since its inception, the only thing that has gone up is the budget. SAT score are down and per student spending is up. Education reform should be handled at the State level, and by local communities.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

We live in a small rural county in the mountains of NE California. The nearest town has a population of about 2,300 people (or so it says on the sign).

In August our local weekly newspaper announced that a Tea Party was forming and a first meeting would be held in town.

Over 100 people attended the first meeting which seems to me to be a darn good turnout considering how small the town is. I don't know where membership stands now, but the paper did report that the Tea Party movement is growing.

If this is happening all over rural America, I don't think folks are losing interest. I think the Tea Party movement is growing without a lot of fanfare. At least it wasn't here before, and now it is.

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    We live in a small rural county in the mountains of NE California. The nearest town has a population of about 2,300 people (or so it says on the sign).

In August our local weekly newspaper announced that a Tea Party was forming and a first meeting would be held in town.

Over 100 people attended the first meeting which seems to me to be a darn good turnout considering how small the town is. I don't know where membership stands now, but the paper did report that the Tea Party movement is growing.

If this is happening all over rural America, I don't think folks are losing interest. I think the Tea Party movement is growing without a lot of fanfare. At least it wasn't here before, and now it is.
    Some people think it has to be a slam dunk the first time around. IMO, even one victory is a big win. It should only grow from there. Many think the Tea Party is all Republican based, which isn't true.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aandw View Post
    IMO, i think people are sick the SOStuff. the majority of it is from the center to right. that is why there such a split in the GOP. if the dems go negative i think it will only solidify the reps and tea party. i think the only chance dems have are to avoid the nat'l issues and go local with no outside help. i would like to see new faces regardless of party.
    New faces in leadership positions of both parties is needed. As far as each race is concerned it comes down to local needs / concerns. Some places should be throwing the bums out. Other's were recently replaced in the last two elections. For the most part, those representatives and Senators may be fine to leave in. They have not been able to do much, but it is no fault of their own, or in many cases not for lack of effort.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I think it's kind of ironic that everyone's focusing on "THE SPLIT IN THE GOP" and "the extreme views" and nobody wants to acknowledge the same on the other side regarding the progressives.
    The Dem Rep in our area is running specifically on "I voted against the stimulus, I voted against the big Obama health care plan, I think we've got to stop all this wasteful spending and burdening coming generations with all this debt..."

The far left is having their own problems as the key issues (tea issues ?) cross party lines. Imo, it's like the law of matter, one side can't grow without diminishment somewhere else. But the MSM conveniently chooses to ignore that side of the coin in their "reporting".
    Good point. The Dem's still haven't figured out that their base is PO'd because they were lied to, disenfranchised, and downright insulted over the last couple of years. However, as much as Republicans want to make this election a referendum on Obama, it isn't. When people go to the polls, they were be focused on the candidates available to vote for, not the President. I would not vote for Obama, and would even seriously consider a republican alternative who was moderate. However, that will not influence my choice for Senator, Governor, and Representative this year.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    I would not vote for Obama, and would even seriously consider a republican alternative who was moderate.

Gimme a clue? Please?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I think a moderate republican is a democrat.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Gimme a clue? Please?

JD
    Don't really see any out there on the horizon. Certainly not with the Tea Party insurgency. But an example of a "moderate" republican that I would consider, would be someone like Schwarzenegger. He can't run, and there aren't any others, so I doubt I'll switch parties next presidential cycle. But I do remain open. if the Republicans can get their act together and come up with some new ideas. Someone in the mold of Eisenhower. Is Patreaus a Republican? Maybe he'll run for Pres in 2012.

[QUOTE=depittydawg;677413]Don't really see any out there on the horizon. QUOTE]

What do ya'll think about Joe Scarborough?
    How 'bout Pat Buchanan, if he dusted off and decided get back into it?

Joe seems pretty center-right, and Pat a few clicks to the right, but not wacko right.

One problem with the tea party right, is for example Christine Odonnel. I know how she feels about masturbation and condoms, but not how she feels about fixing our economy and jobs market! Why does the wack-factor seem to predominate with the new candidates? (yes, I know media plays this up, but THEY say the stuff the media plays)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    One problem with the tea party right, is for example Christine Odonnel. I know how she feels about masturbation and condoms, but not how she feels about fixing our economy and jobs market! Why does the wack-factor seem to predominate with the new candidates? (yes, I know media plays this up, but THEY say the stuff the media plays)
    If you know that about her, then you MUST know about how Coons calls himself a Marxist and Harry Reid as called him "his pet", right?