The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Administration halts prosecution of alleged USS Cole bomber

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    If you and the original article are correct that the case is hampered by the inability to use evidence obtained through enhanced interrogation techniques then that brings up some noteworthy/interesting points:

I don't believe that the Obama Admin. has stopped this prosecution because they're Muslim lovers or terrorist sympathizers. I think it was stopped because they don't think they can win (thanks in part, ironically enough, to that law that the Dem Congress passed and Obama signed).

Pretty much substantiates what most legal experts been saying all along. In as much as torturing these scum sucking bottom feeders of human feces can make us feel vindicated, it actually does more harm than good.

From the legal perspective, torture is not allowed in the US, never has been and hopefully never will be. This is established in the constitution and was upheld by the courts at every level during the 8 years it was practiced under the enhanced rules of the Unitary Executive. (remember him?). The act was a response to the court rulings that the congress and president reaffirmed it.
    I see this Killer is another Saudi born and conditioned radical. These Warriors for God seem to all be Saudi's. Still can't figure out why we keep attacking the wrong countries on our "War on Terror".
    Anybody remember all the high profile cases LOST during the Unitary Executives Reign? I believe it was quite a few. Yardley is absolutely correct on this issue. We are a nation of laws. First and foremost. We can win this struggle without destroying our values and our way of life in the process. Thank God for our Justice system. I hope it survives the assault of the Right Wing over the next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    define torture?
    DS's posts
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Pretty much substantiates what most legal experts been saying all along. In as much as torturing these scum sucking bottom feeders of human feces can make us feel vindicated, it actually does more harm than good.

From the legal perspective, torture is not allowed in the US, never has been and hopefully never will be. This is established in the constitution and was upheld by the courts at every level during the 8 years it was practiced under the enhanced rules of the Unitary Executive. (remember him?). The act was a response to the court rulings that the congress and president reaffirmed it.
    I see this Killer is another Saudi born and conditioned radical. These Warriors for God seem to all be Saudi's. Still can't figure out why we keep attacking the wrong countries on our "War on Terror".
    Anybody remember all the high profile cases LOST during the Unitary Executives Reign? I believe it was quite a few. Yardley is absolutely correct on this issue. We are a nation of laws. First and foremost. We can win this struggle without destroying our values and our way of life in the process. Thank God for our Justice system. I hope it survives the assault of the Right Wing over the next generation.

Our laws are for American citizens, not scum sucking camel jockeys that believe blowing up innocent men, women and children will get them to heaven. Our laws are not for them. Look back in history and tell me when, of all the wars we have fought on foreign soil, did the enemy treat us according to any set of laws, including the geneva convention. I don't believe you can find one. Not WWI or WWII, not Korea or Vietnam, and not this war. You are correct about us being a nation of laws, but they should not extend to the battlefield in a foreign country.

And terrorists should not be tried in a court of law. They should be tried in a military court, in front of jury of men and women who fought against them and dealt with swiftly. Last time I checked, .223 ammo was really cheap.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

I say just release the poor terrorist. Then, when he least expects it, have one of our drones or better yet one of our highly trained snipers send him on his way to his awaiting virgins. Case closed...many tax dollars saved.
    Bill Davis

I'm for old fashion "Carpet Bombing" militant ragheads and camel jockeys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    Our laws are for American citizens, not scum sucking camel jockeys that believe blowing up innocent men, women and children will get them to heaven. Our laws are not for them. Look back in history and tell me when, of all the wars we have fought on foreign soil, did the enemy treat us according to any set of laws, including the geneva convention. I don't believe you can find one. Not WWI or WWII, not Korea or Vietnam, and not this war. You are correct about us being a nation of laws, but they should not extend to the battlefield in a foreign country.

And terrorists should not be tried in a court of law. They should be tried in a military court, in front of jury of men and women who fought against them and dealt with swiftly. Last time I checked, .223 ammo was really cheap.
    You have a point considering how Americans have been treated as POW's. I believe even the Brits were pretty bad to the Revolutionary POW's they captured. I have no sympathy for the Killers who we so foolishly call terrorists (as if there is some distinction).

Somebody on this thread suggested sending them back to their own countries to let them deal with it. Guess we might find out if the Saudi's are actually allies. Since they all come from there, send them back for trial in their court system. I still say our military should be sitting smack in the middle of SA, not Iraq or Afghanistan. I suppose the money they pass around to the right circles in our Government and Wall Street gives them exemption.