The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: GDG ... Teeny, Tiny brag ... GDG

Default GDG ... Teeny, Tiny brag ... GDG

Just so pleased that the "pale dog" in the avatar just got his first JH leg for his owner at the tender age of 8 mos.

A very small thing in this crowd, but several of you will understand how special it is for a breeder when you know that a pup is turning out to be fun and successful for the owner.

The owner just retired from teaching, and his retirement gift to himself was a pup to train. It had been 20 years since he trained his last dog (field and obedience), and he was very excited about getting a new pup.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Just so pleased that the "pale dog" in the avatar just got his first JH leg for his owner at the tender age of 8 mos.

A very small thing in this crowd, but several of you will understand how special it is for a breeder when you know that a pup is turning out to be fun and successful for the owner.

The owner just retired from teaching, and his retirement gift to himself was a pup to train. It had been 20 years since he trained his last dog (field and obedience), and he was very excited about getting a new pup.
    Congrats!!

The first one is the SWEETEST!!
    Especially after the layoff.

"Good DAWG!!!!"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Congrats to you and the new owner.

Well, he runs another JH today ... we'll see if the youngster can be consistent. I learned that he is a bit of problem in the holding blind. In the owner's words, "just short of tearing them down." The obedience training should help resolve this.

He did get a little ribbing for running a Golden this "pale". Maybe he can just shave him down & tell people he's a yellow Lab?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

LOL! Puppies will have their fun!

After picking up all the birds, as the owner turned to hand the last bird to the judges & reach for the dog's collar ... dog leaped back into the water for a joyful swim

Trainability: 0
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

LOL! Puppies will have their fun!

After picking up all the birds, as the owner turned to hand the last bird to the judges & reach for the dog's collar ... dog leaped back into the water for a joyful swim

Trainability: 0
    Did he pass?

If not, tight ass for a judge!!

But here is the most important thing, the dog had fun, and so did you!!

This is fun.....not cancer!!!!

People forget that.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Owner did not believe he passed ... will wait to hear more. He might have squeaked by that if owner hadn't done a lot of whistling and yelling to get the dog back

Better tactic might have been one whistle & turn to walk away. Live and learn.

Also better to hold that bird behind your back, and not take your eyes off that dog!

The judge commented: "Very entertaining."

There are worse things than having a Golden who likes the water & birds too much.

Owner had a good time ... and the dog sure did.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com