The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: MC caught granting scholarships to relatives

Default MC caught granting scholarships to relatives

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.2c049bb.html

http://tinyurl.com/2g8ngyk

By TODD J. GILLMAN and CHRISTY HOPPE / The Dallas Morning News

Longtime Dallas congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson has awarded thousands of dollars in college scholarships to four relatives and a top aide's two children since 2005, using foundation funds set aside for black lawmakers' causes.

The recipients were ineligible under anti-nepotism rules of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, which provided the money. And all of the awards violated a foundation requirement that scholarship winners live or study in a caucus member's district.

-more-

Liberals will claim racism as she's black. She's no different then Rangle and Waters. Why can't they be honest?

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    Liberals will claim racism as she's black.
    Right wing extremists will claim that Liberals will claim racism as she's black.

Kind of a predictable pattern I see here.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

The only predictable pattern here is that three individuals elected to the US Congress who happen to be black were caught stealing.

It should be noted that no Federal funds were involved. The funds came from a private foundation that was funded by gifts. However, again we see a member of congress that has failed to adhere to the normally accepted standards or ethics.

She said that she didn't know this was wrong. She was the chairman of the foundation for goodness sake.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    It should be noted that no Federal funds were involved. The funds came from a private foundation that was funded by gifts. However, again we see a member of congress that has failed to adhere to the normally accepted standards or ethics.

She said that she didn't know this was wrong. She was the chairman of the foundation for goodness sake.

Eric
    And again we see a member of Congress blatantly lying when caught red handed. Kind of like Rangel's wail when caught cheating on his taxes that he didn't understand the tax regulations the committee he chaired wrote. Reminds me of the excuses the crooks spout on Cops time after time: "Officer, I swear, I didn't know there was a crack pipe in my pocket. Honest, I swear, someone must've put it there."

Quote Originally Posted by walt8@cox.net View Post
    I don't like these bottom feeders any more then you do, but I gotta say, Black congressmen and Senators don't have the monopoly on being crooked. Our congressmen and senators are a disgrace, black and white. I'd like to clear them all out, and start from scratch. Talk about entitled, Holy Christ!!
    Walt
    Excellent post Walt......couldn't have said it better.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    And again we see a member of Congress blatantly lying when caught red handed. Kind of like Rangel's wail when caught cheating on his taxes that he didn't understand the tax regulations the committee he chaired wrote. Reminds me of the excuses the crooks spout on Cops time after time: "Officer, I swear, I didn't know there was a crack pipe in my pocket. Honest, I swear, someone must've put it there."
    They really don't know the rules because they never read them they just sign them. They are a lazy lot.

Terri

It has now risen to 23 instances. She says she will repay funds by the end of the week.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth