The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 75

Thread: Dancing with the stars

  1. #41
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roger Perry
    Maybe you did not participate but you did not criticize it either. Why the concern now???????

    Yes I did, both then and just now.
    But you do what you gotta do.



    RK
    __________________
    Field of Dreams Mr. Elvis
    NAHRA SR


    Dream your dreams like you'll live forever, live each day like it's your last!!

    Yeah, I make mistakes, I'll be the 2nd to admit it!!


    Ok, I guess you did participate in the thread but where was your criticizm of Chelsiea being the butt of a joke???? care to point it out for me. Here is the link.

    http://new.retrievertraining.net/for...linton+wedding
    First, when I have to answer to the likes of you it will be time to move on down the line.
    Second, I would say I pretty much changed the direction of that thread, making no mention whatsoever of the young Ms Clinton.
    Third, rationalization, the single strongest human drive;

    "In psychology and logic, rationalization (or making excuses[1]) is a defense mechanism in which perceived controversial behaviors or feelings are explained in a rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, to differentiate from the original deterministic explanation, of the behavior or feeling in question."

    So I guess in your mind and heart you have OKEY-DOKEYED trashing Ms palin.
    Cause someone else didn't stand up for Ms. Clinton.

    WOW!!!


    BTW--as evidence of my position, I stood up for DeppityDawg, didn't I???


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    First, when I have to answer to the likes of you it will be time to move on down the line.
    Second, I would say I pretty much changed the direction of that thread, making no mention whatsoever of the young Ms Clinton.
    Third, rationalization, the single strongest human drive;

    "In psychology and logic, rationalization (or making excuses[1]) is a defense mechanism in which perceived controversial behaviors or feelings are explained in a rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, to differentiate from the original deterministic explanation, of the behavior or feeling in question."

    So I guess in your mind and heart you have OKEY-DOKEYED trashing Ms palin.
    Cause someone else didn't stand up for Ms. Clinton.

    WOW!!!


    BTW--as evidence of my position, I stood up for DeppityDawg, didn't I???


    RK
    I was just going by your statement that you made today.

    Maybe you did not participate but you did not criticize it either. Why the concern now???????

    Yes I did, both then and just now.

    Fair and balanced just like faux news

  3. #43
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I was just going by your statement that you made today.

    Maybe you did not participate but you did not criticize it either. Why the concern now???????

    Yes I did, both then and just now.

    Fair and balanced just like faux news
    Roger, is it time for you to go watch the Dailey Show for your news, or reruns of Dancing With the Stars??

    I don't like the personal stuff, but your pushing it.

    You are perfect, I am trash, now...I am asking you to BACK OFF comin after me Rog, or you might catch me.

    And I don't think you will like that.

    BTW--I have stuck up for you as well in the past, that is over.


    RK
    Last edited by road kill; 08-31-2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Where the hell did you pull that out of?
    Making stuff up again, I see......and quite personal at that.

    She's an adult, and I trust her judgement that I instilled in her growing up, and that's all I'm saying on this forum. Other than I'm immensley proud of her, and her accomplishments, and the wonderful person she's turned out to be. That's the line and you don't cross it.
    then you should not have brought her name up as a discussion or comparison point. you yourself said bristol is fair game because her mom brought her out.

    you just did it to yourself dude. i have no intentions of crossing a line, but i did want to show you doing the same thing. but i wont use the "H" word
    Last edited by david gibson; 08-31-2010 at 02:09 PM.

  5. #45
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Without her parents, would Bristol have been famous? No. They didn't make themselves famous and put themselves in the limelight, the media did it while Sarah was campaigning. They had ZERO choice as to whether or not they would be known world wide. It still doesn't make it right to bash someone's kids.
    When Bristol's only claim to fame was being Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter, I would have agreed with you. If you check back, you will see that I also did not bash either Bristol or Levi. When Levi poses for Play Girl, and Bristol begins doing reality shows, and they choose as adults, however idiotic they may be, to make their lives a public spectacle independent of Sarah Palin, they become public persons. They can choose to follow in the well worn footsteps of such paradigms of virtue as Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan, or in the much lower key footsteps of Chelsea Clinton. I don't see the other Palin children in the spotlight. If Bristol chose to live her life thinking about school,or work, or how to care for her child, she wouldn't have to worry about the spotlight either. She is an adult and deserves to be treated as one. That includes being talked about and parodied when she decides to go on silly TV.

  6. #46
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    When Bristol's only claim to fame was being Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter, I would have agreed with you. If you check back, you will see that I also did not bash either Bristol or Levi. When Levi poses for Play Girl, and Bristol begins doing reality shows, and they choose as adults, however idiotic they may be, to make their lives a public spectacle independent of Sarah Palin, they become public persons. They can choose to follow in the well worn footsteps of such paradigms of virtue as Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan, or in the much lower key footsteps of Chelsea Clinton. I don't see the other Palin children in the spotlight. If Bristol chose to live her life thinking about school,or work, or how to care for her child, she wouldn't have to worry about the spotlight either. She is an adult and deserves to be treated as one. That includes being talked about and parodied when she decides to go on silly TV.
    Mr. Yardley,
    I think this is one of the few areas we agree on.
    Let's say your post is 100% correct (for arguments sakes).
    How does that justify this??;

    "the horizontal boogie"


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #47
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    When Bristol's only claim to fame was being Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter, I would have agreed with you. If you check back, you will see that I also did not bash either Bristol or Levi. When Levi poses for Play Girl, and Bristol begins doing reality shows, and they choose as adults, however idiotic they may be, to make their lives a public spectacle independent of Sarah Palin, they become public persons. They can choose to follow in the well worn footsteps of such paradigms of virtue as Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan, or in the much lower key footsteps of Chelsea Clinton. I don't see the other Palin children in the spotlight. If Bristol chose to live her life thinking about school,or work, or how to care for her child, she wouldn't have to worry about the spotlight either. She is an adult and deserves to be treated as one. That includes being talked about and parodied when she decides to go on silly TV.
    Might want to add the Bush twins. Other than a few minor hiccups they too have followed Chelsea's example. Fair and balanced thats me.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

  8. #48
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Might want to add the Bush twins. Other than a few minor hiccups they too have followed Chelsea's example. Fair and balanced thats me.
    Some of the bar scrapes became interesting, especially because of the position in which they placed the secret services agents assigned to them. However, I agree that those deserve no more attention than Amy Carter's arrest for participating in a campus demonstration.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Might want to add the Bush twins. Other than a few minor hiccups they too have followed Chelsea's example. Fair and balanced thats me.
    I think the hiccups were from following in dad's footsteps.

    http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...20bush%20drunk

  10. #50
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I think the hiccups were from following in dad's footsteps.

    http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...20bush%20drunk
    Seems to me W did an admirable job overcoming those footsteps he made early in adulthood whether you like his policies or not.

    Don't need to watch the vid they are kids being kids and we are talking apples and oranges. My intent is the twins, Chelsea, and thus far the O'Bama daughters are doing nothing to self promote.

    I know I seldom contribute anything to POTUS but I swear I think there are very few that regularly contribute to it that can see both sides of the fence.

    Now I will leave ya'll alone to argue amongst yourselfs. BTW there is both good and evil on both sides of that fence.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •