The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama set to formally end Iraq war

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    you have to excuse dnf. he's the type that would put in for a purple heart if someone farted on him.
    Yeah, and you and black0989 are the kind of low-class trash that would say something like that.

I only have an ARCOM, AAM w/OLCs, ASR, SWA ribbon.

Sorry if that's not good enough for you, but I won't put in for bogus awards like some people have.

I don't know who you are or where you're from black, but if you really served in the Marines, I will congratulate you on you service...not insult you, even though you took that liberty with me, and you don't even know me. You might be a veteran, and I salute you for that, but you're low class in any case.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    you have to excuse dnf. he's the type that would put in for a purple heart if someone farted on him.
    That remark is not cool dude. He did serve his country, did you? Never heard you mention your military service before, but if you did, thanks. I don't know dnf, but from reading his posts, I think him to be a stand up guy, and would welcome him into a duck blind anytime. It is OK to disagree with someone and not resort to mud slinging. That is why WE served, so you could have your opinion.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Caught a clip of a radio show (not sure who I was listening to) ... a former Israeli soldier (now living in the US for 20 years) called in with a point he caught in Obama's speech (that many might have missed).

His point was that O referred to "about 4400" US soldiers losing their lives in Iraq. The Israeli said, "It was not about 4,400. It was exactly 4,432."

Perhaps this shows the difference between a soldier and a politician. To the soldier, every life lost is very important.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Caught a clip of a radio show (not sure who I was listening to) ... a former Israeli soldier (now living in the US for 20 years) called in with a point he caught in Obama's speech (that many might have missed).

His point was that O referred to "about 4400" US soldiers losing their lives in Iraq. The Israeli said, "It was not about 4,400. It was exactly 4,432."

Perhaps this shows the difference between a soldier and a politician. To the soldier, every life lost is very important.
    Wow! Typical Obama.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Wow! Typical Obama.
    No, typical politician. Obama didn't kill those soldiers. George Bush did. And he did for money. Lest we say the lowest of all common denominators in a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    No, typical politician. Obama didn't kill those soldiers. George Bush did. And he did for money. Lest we say the lowest of all common denominators in a politician.
    Bush killed those solders? For the money? What money? Oh, Obama didn't kill any of them either. He just "rounded down" when talking about American lives lost.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Bush killed those solders? For the money? What money? Oh, Obama didn't kill any of them either. He just "rounded down" when talking about American lives lost.
    Follow the money trail. Who gained in the War in Iraq? What companies prospered? What politicians were connected to those companies? There was a time when I thought they invaded Iraq for the oil. Then they never took the oil. The only common denominator as the President (Mr Bush) made bad decision after bad decision, was that the US treasury was shrinking rapidly and the coffers of a few corporations were growing astronomically. Connect the dots.

The numbers of KIA have never been precise for any war. To many MIA, POW's to make #'s exact. Total # of casualties? What's your guess? Here? Now? Then?

Every COC bears responsibilty, and so do we. Nothing operates without some responsibility, theirs, yours, ours.

Sometimes, we all lose.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    The numbers of KIA have never been precise for any war. To many MIA, POW's to make #'s exact. Total # of casualties? What's your guess? Here? Now? Then?

Every COC bears responsibilty, and so do we. Nothing operates without some responsibility, theirs, yours, ours.

Sometimes, we all lose.

JD
    Hmmmm? I think I'll let you clean up tonight.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

Come on Gerry....given that the number, unfortunately, is still changing almost daily, I think its better to not speak specifically. If he said "4432", and the number at the end of his speech became 4433, he would catch flack. Well, I guess he did anyway.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!