The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama set to formally end Iraq war

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    You're right A better idea would be to simply obey the constitution and Require a declaration of War from congress prior to sending troops into combat.

I am surprised Yardley or Lil' Yardley didn't post this link, being sticklers for facts and accuracy and all!!

Dawg, please read this, then apologize to the class;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

United States House of Representatives

Party Ayes Nays PRES No Vote
    Republican 215 6 0 2
    Democratic 82 126 0 1
    Independent 0 1 0 0
    TOTALS 297 133 0 3

126 (61%) of 208 Democratic Representatives voted against the resolution.
    6 of 223 Republican Representatives voted against the resolution: Reps. Duncan (R-TN), Hostettler (R-IN), Houghton (R-NY), Leach (R-IA), Morella (R-MD), Paul (R-TX).
    The only Independent Representative voted against the resolution: Rep. Sanders (I-VT)
    Reps. Ortiz (D-TX), Roukema (R-NJ), and Stump (R-AZ) did not vote on the resolution.

United States Senate

Party Ayes Nays No Vote
    Republican 48 1 0
    Democratic 29 21 0
    Independent 0 1 0
    TOTALS 77 23 0

21 (42%) of 50 Democratic Senators voted against the resolution: Sens. Akaka (D-HI), Bingaman (D-NM), Boxer (D-CA), Byrd (D-WV), Conrad (D-ND), Corzine (D-NJ), Dayton (D-MN), Durbin (D-IL), Feingold (D-WI), Graham (D-FL), Inouye (D-HI), Kennedy (D-MA), Leahy (D-VT), Levin (D-MI), Mikulski (D-MD), Murray (D-WA), Reed (D-RI), Sarbanes (D-MD), Stabenow (D-MI), Wellstone (D-MN), Wyden (D-OR).
    1 of 49 Republican Senators voted against the resolution: Sen. Chafee (R-RI).
    The only Independent Senator voted against the resolution: Sen. Jeffords (I-VT)

Just tryin to help............

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 09-03-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I am surprised Yardley or Lil' Yardley didn't post this link, being sticklers for facts and accuracy and all!!
    Dawg, please read this, then apologize to the class;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution
    Just tryin to help............
    RK
    because they only are sticklers for facts and accuracy when it supports their leftist agenda or says something bad about Bush or Palin.

they are really so very predictable, its almost cute

If you recall, Bush sent troops into war, then all over the media declared that they're already in harm's way, and not to support them is unpatriotic. Confusing "them" with his war agenda. Brilliant move, and it worked perfectly.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    SO does that mean that Bush really didn't send our troops to war like you lefties love to throw in our faces? It was actually Congress, which, by the way, includes democrats? What a revelation!!
    Do you really believe Congress would have voted to invade Iraq if they had not been lied to about Saddam having WMD and would use them against the U.S.

NATO did not even believe that and that is why they refused to join in on the war.

Saddam tried to kill my daddy and I have to defend his honor

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I was just trying to beat the wingers to the punch.
    Yeah, your rapier like wit beat us all to the punch.
    We were trying to think of what to say, but you saved us.

Is the Daily Show on now??

Good news deppity! I think you may soon be voted the second biggest nimrod on here! Look at the post above, we have a new troll!

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Good news deppity! I think you may soon be voted the second biggest nimrod on here! Look at the post above, we have a new troll!
    Hmmmmmm, that was my post.
    A robot spammer??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Do you really believe Congress would have voted to invade Iraq if they had not been lied to about Saddam having WMD and would use them against the U.S.

NATO did not even believe that and that is why they refused to join in on the war.

Saddam tried to kill my daddy and I have to defend his honor

Regards
    First of all do you think that Bush made that up? It was info that came from the intelligence community and is pretty well documented. Secondly you proclaim that Bush is the dumbest president we ever had but then go on to say he bamboozled all of congress

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    First of all do you think that Bush made that up? It was info that came from the intelligence community and is pretty well documented. Secondly you proclaim that Bush is the dumbest president we ever had but then go on to say he bamboozled all of congress
    The american people and Congress would fall for most anything after the planes flew into the world trade center on 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    The american people and Congress would fall for most anything after the planes flew into the world trade center on 9/11.
    So you think the Bush administration forged intel documents?